Would you like an acoustic album?

analogue

Proud Member
How would you feel about previous MJ songs being remixed into an acoustic album? I know a lot of fans are againts people coming in, and messing with MJ's original vision, and are sick of Greatest Hits albums, but I think an acoustic album could be interesting.

I think it would be interesting. It would be a nice opportunity to although Michael's vocals to take centre stage and really shine

The song selection must to be just right though

Nah...I'm not a big fan of acoustic. Depending on the song, it sometimes takes too much away from it. I'm not sure how well MJ's music would fit with it. Songs like Smooth Criminal and Billie Jean would not work, but maybe Who Is It would.

I'd much prefer to have an official a cappella album. People would really be reminded what a talented vocalist MJ was.

An mj mtv unplugged was always a dream back in the day

Yes, but it would have to be certain songs in a certain style I think. I'd also prefer more rawer, maybe even demo vocals by Michael. It'd add to the intimacy of the tracks.

An MTV Unplugged album back in the early 90's when everyone was doing them would've been great.

No. It can be fun if fans make such mixes, but I wouldn't want an official release (not a fan of remixes being released).

Moreover, a vocal for a beat-driven, rhythmic, locked-into-the-groove track is very different from a vocal suited for acoustic accompaniment. It just wouldn't sound good and wouldn't reflect what Michael could have done if he had really recorded the songs in acoustic arrangements.

It'd be different of course if you're talking about acoustic demos, such as the SOOML demo that was released. But I doubt there are many of those.

An MTV Unplugged album back in the early 90's when everyone was doing them would've been great.

Yeah they were hugely succesful at the time. I guess the closest thing was gonna be the one night only

anything that would allow me to hear Michaels voice clear I'd be down.. I would have liked it if HE recorded an acoustic version of a few songs though.. so we'd hear it sang differently

Yes! But it has to be the right songs..

Childhood
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Whatever Happens
One Day In Your Life
Lady In My Life
Butterflies
She's Out Of My Life
Fly Away
Black Or White (I Think this song could work very well with just acoustic guitars)
The Way You Make Me Feel
Dirty Diana (Imagine an acoustic version of this!!)
Come Togheter!

Just throwing out some ideas but I would be very open to a project like this. What would be even greater would be if they used unheard takes

Last edited:
Absolutely- produced and mastered properly. MJ has a unique voice that requires perfection in order for the music to blend with it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes! But it has to be the right songs..

Childhood
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Whatever Happens
One Day In Your Life
Lady In My Life
Butterflies
She's Out Of My Life
Fly Away
Black Or White (I Think this song could work very well with just acoustic guitars)
The Way You Make Me Feel
Dirty Diana (Imagine an acoustic version of this!!)
Come Togheter!

Just throwing out some ideas but I would be very open to a project like this. What would be even greater would be if they used unheard takes

Great songs. - Scared of the Moon, Smile, Little Susie, You Are Not Alone and Liberian Girl could work too I think.

Actually maybe even Whatever Happens with just MJ and a guitar could work.

No, because Michael is not here to properly arrange it.

That can be said for every release. At least doing a stripped down style with very little actual music gives less opportunity to screw up.unless they get in pitbull and the xscape remix producer (got a brain freeze on his name!) In to do it ?

I'd be down with it. There are fan-made acoustic versions of Best of Joy and Give In to Me out there that are really good, so I'd like to see how other songs would sound. ^.^

I would love nothing more. I'm a big fan of acoustic songs and it's a shame that MJ never did one during his lifetime. I believe acoustic album would be amazing and it would go down well with MJ fans and the general public.

Last edited:
Igor Presnyakov

The Girl Is Mine
Smooth Criminal
Beat It
You Are Not Alone

Re: Igor Presnyakov

I'll Be There
Billie Jean
Thriller
Black Or White

I'd like it but I'll admit when he was living I wanted him to actually record it so we could habe an alternative vocal arrangement and style.

That would have been so unique and brought new life to songs.

Yeah they were hugely succesful at the time.

It seems he did not want to swim with the tide at that time.

Besides, after the BAD Tour, he knew that his voice was never the same again.

His vocal chords were damaged from those BAD Tour shows & he was advised by his doctors to preserve his voice as much as he could.

An MTV Unplugged performance & album (including all the necessary vocal preparations) would have strained his voice even more.

But MJ needed to save his voice for more important things (such as, new studio albums that his contract demanded).

In retrospect, I think MJ did the right thing by avoiding to do what everyone was doing at that time.

I don't enjoy acoustic guitars in general. piano on the other hand..

as some have mentioned, it has to be the right song. not sure if it would work with something like 'startin' somethin'. I actually prefer the piano demo of 'love never felt so good' to the contemporary one. still, I wouldn't want a whole album or concert of that. part of what makes a song unique are the creative additions made in the studio. much of that gets taken away in live settings. i'd love to hear more demos of Michael beat-boxing and singing, that show his process though!

Just MJ and a piano... - heavens

There was a rumour once that MJ should have sung What a wonderful world at a hotel while someone played piano? (or maybe I remember wrong) BUT anyway, WOW I would love to hear MJ sing that song - only MJ and a piano.

Would have been nice. - I also really like the She's Out Of my life demo - that's just MJ and a guitar! - Sounds amazing.

Back