Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Go To First Unread Post

   
  1. #1
    moonstreet
    Guest

    Default Go To First Unread Post

    I couldnt find the Feedback thread, so posting a new one.

    One thing I have noticed since coming back is when I go into a thread which I read yesterday which has new posts today, is that it does not automatically go to the first unread post. I have to click the last page and then either manually click go to first unread or scroll through the page to find the most recent reply. Also alot of the time when I click go to first unread, it does not work and I just end up scrolling through the page.

    I guess I notice it more as I am on a different large very active forum which has this function and its slightly annoying to not have it here.

    I use the forum on a laptop on Google Chrome if that makes any difference.

  2. #2
    Points: 24,667, Level: 95
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,943
    Points
    24,667
    Level
    95
    Thanks
    20,003
    Thanked 6,844 Times in 3,035 Posts

    Default Re: Go To First Unread Post

    Quote Originally Posted by moonstreet View Post
    I couldnt find the Feedback thread, so posting a new one.

    One thing I have noticed since coming back is when I go into a thread which I read yesterday which has new posts today, is that it does not automatically go to the first unread post. I have to click the last page and then either manually click go to first unread or scroll through the page to find the most recent reply. Also alot of the time when I click go to first unread, it does not work and I just end up scrolling through the page.

    I guess I notice it more as I am on a different large very active forum which has this function and its slightly annoying to not have it here.

    I use the forum on a laptop on Google Chrome if that makes any difference.
    I just use the "new posts" at the top and it takes me straight to where I left off. I use Chrome too.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Points: 10,665, Level: 68
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,386
    Points
    10,665
    Level
    68
    Thanks
    447
    Thanked 1,595 Times in 463 Posts

    Default Re: Go To First Unread Post

    Every thread has and always had a "Go to first new post" icon. Just hit and you'll be redirected immediately.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MichaelD For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Points: 9,336, Level: 64
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,591
    Points
    9,336
    Level
    64
    Thanks
    2,947
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 699 Posts

    Default Re: Go To First Unread Post

    Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    I just use the "new posts" at the top and it takes me straight to where I left off. I use Chrome too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Every thread has and always had a "Go to first new post" icon. Just hit and you'll be redirected immediately.
    Thanks for responding, guys. Hopefully this has helped moonstreet out, as I have no trouble finding the first unread posts, either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •