Jacksons Surpise Song & Personal Message '83

83magic

Proud Member
These were taken from a 7 inch vinyl called 'Jacksons World Club'

Even though it was fun and loose, we can hear the arranger in Michael taking over. Another example of his raw talent and an insight into his process. Tito has been doing that 'frog voice' since early J5, ha!
This took place in March, right after the Motown 25 special was taped. It would be broadcasted two months later. To think that only those present knew what occurred... It's interesting to learn that the 'Victory' tour and album were planned so early. Then again, Michael did mention giving tickets away to gang members on the set of 'Beat It', in his autobiography. LOL at the brothers teasing him about Billie Jean being at the door!
I'm just trying to gather as much as I can from this year! :) :clap:

Re: Jacksons Surpise Song & Prsonl Message '83

That's adorable-put a big smile on my face!!

What I really loved about that is going back to the Victory Tour-all you read about was the estrangement between the brothers, the animosity, the jealousy.

And listen to them here-directly after the Motown show and planning the tour and record-getting along great!

Last edited:

This is off topic but does anyone know where the audio is of j5 chatting and Mike talks about how he likes girls with "Big eyes" and "big legs"? lol! The bros pick on Mike for making songs about peanut butter and jelly and Mike is all "oh yeah, what were the lyrics? what were the lyrics?" etc... I always thought that interview was so cute and fun

I think this is the one you're looking for: 'Rappin' With The Jackson5' :)

Back