Dirty Diana

valeryjackson

Proud Member

Music video

Jackson in the music video for "Dirty Diana".
The five-minute music video for the song was directed by Joe Pytka.[28] It won the "Number-One Video in the World" at the second World Music Awards held on April 14, 1989.[29] It is featured on the DVD albums Number Ones, Michael Jackson's Vision, and the Target version DVD of Bad 25. The woman who appears in the video is model Lisa Dean, chosen over hundreds.[citation needed]

Live performance video
A second seven-minute long accompanying video of a live performance (which should not be confused with the actual music video) was filmed in early 1988 in front of a live audience during Jackson's show in Madison Square Garden (Steve Stevens playing guitar). The video starts with the screen saying "Pepsi Presents Michael Jackson Tour 1988" in front of a white background for forty seconds. After showing a black screen, Jackson can be seen from a distance performing in front of an audience with the only source of light being blue lights. During Jackson's performance he is dressed in a white button down shirt, black pants and has metal and leather belts on his pants while singing and dancing. In between Jackson's performance from a distance, there are clips of him performing up-close while singing into a microphone, as well as clips of his guitarist Jennifer Batten performing behind him. Jackson then begins dancing and singing to the woman before walking down a cat-walk and dancing near guitarist Steve Stevens. Jackson's performance is then shown from a distance again and the video ends with Jackson finishing his performance and the lights turning blue.

Live performances
"Dirty Diana" was performed during Jackson's Bad World Tour concert series from 1987 to 1989, but only in the second leg, as the 10th song in the setlist. According to Jackson in an interview with Barbara Walters, "Dirty Diana" was scheduled for a live 1988 performance at Wembley Stadium during the Bad World Tour; however, Jackson felt the song would be an insult to Diana, Princess of Wales, who was in attendance, so he had it removed.[4] After Diana informed him the song was actually one of her personal favorites, Jackson re-added the song to the set list.[4] This performance can be seen on the DVD Michael Jackson: Live at Wembley July 16, 1988. This Is It concert series choreographer, Kenny Ortega, stated in an interview that "Dirty Diana" was going to be performed by Jackson for the concerts from 2009 to 2010.[30] Ortega said that Jackson had planned to rehearse the song before he died. The set up for the song would include an expert pole dancer who would lure Jackson onto a giant steel bed on which she performed acrobatic feats.

Lyrics:
Oh no
Oh no
Oh no

You'll never make me stay
So take your weight off of me

I know your every move
So won't you just let me be
I've been here times before
But I was too blind to see
That you seduce every man
This time you won't seduce me

She's saying that's ok
Hey baby do what you please
I have the stuff that you want
I am the thing that you need
She looked me deep in the eyes
She's touchin me so to start
She says there's no turnin back
She trapped me in her heart

Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, no
Dirty Diana
Let me be!

Oh no
Oh no
Oh no

She likes the boys in the bands
She knows when they come to town
Every musician's fan after
The curtain comes down
She waits at backstage doors
For those who have prestige
Who promise
Fortune and fame, a life that's so carefree
She's saying that's ok
Hey baby do what you want
I'll be your night lovin thing
I'll be the freak you can taunt
And I don't care what you say
I want to go too far
I'll be your everything
If you make me a star

Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, no
Dirty Diana . . .
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, no
Dirty Diana . . .
Diana!
Diana!
Dirty Diana!
It's Dia . . .aa . . .aa . . .come on!

She said I have to go home
Cause I'm real tired you see
But I hate sleepin alone
Why don't you come with me
I said my baby's at home
She's probably worried tonight

I didn't call on the phone to
Say that I'm alright

Diana walked up to me
She said I'm all yours tonight
At that I ran to the phone
Sayin baby I'm alright
I said but unlock the door
Because I forgot the key
She said he's not coming back
Because he's sleeping with me
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, no
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana
Come on!
Come on!
Come on!
Come on

Oh Dirty Diana ,,, idk what to comment about this song , love that song a lot .

Back