Heal The World Rehearsal Live at the Apollo 2002

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
For those of you who haven't seen it yet :) Originally Leaked by Stefano MJS

[youtube]zYMC2Rs3v1o[/youtube]

Sad that even rehesrsals were playback...

Only around 9:10 pr something his mic is turned on..

It’s a little sad IMO to see the greatest live artist that ever lived like this... I know it’s Just a rehearsal, but He only performed what? 3-4 songs?? All of them very easy to sing actually, and not very much dancing that would put him out of breath... why on earth would he use playback?? The live singing in MSG 30th in 2001 showed he had great voice... so why playback? Did he become lazy? Unsecure? What happend? Why did he choose not to sing live?? He could have easily sung HTW live...

A new video leaks and it’s not really exiting to watch... sad...

This is why I'm happy that we got to see This Is It. The show never made it passed rehearsals, but (Behind the scenes drama aside) with those rehearsals I saw the MJ from the BAD and Dangerous era days. Focused, engaged and happy to be on stage. And his singing was in great shape.

This is why I'm happy that we got to see This Is It. The show never made it passed rehearsals, but (Behind the scenes drama aside) with those rehearsals I saw the MJ from the BAD and Dangerous era days. Focused, engaged and happy to be on stage. And his singing was in great shape.

you really think you heard MJ singing live in This Is It all the time? It is officially confirmed that the producers mixed up MJ songs from other shows from earlier years to have full songs in This Is It. Because Michael did not even sing a long the rehearsals. So dont think MJ sang live in This Is It. Maybe a few parts are real and original from This Is It. But most of it is old and mixed up. Kenny Ortega also admitted it. It is a fake documentary to make money and to make the fans happy who should believe it is live.

you really think you heard MJ singing live in This Is It all the time? It is officially confirmed that the producers mixed up MJ songs from other shows from earlier years to have full songs in This Is It. Because Michael did not even sing a long the rehearsals. So dont think MJ sang live in This Is It. Maybe a few parts are real and original from This Is It. But most of it is old and mixed up. Kenny Ortega also admitted it. It is a fake documentary to make money and to make the fans happy who should believe it is live.

Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Human Nature
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Jackson 5 Medley
I'm not sure about Beat It because some say it was dubbed from a Victory Tour show.

Those songs were definitely live. Everything else was dubbed or it was a mix of live and dubbed vocals. I never said that every song was 100% live

Themidwestcowboy;4214307 said:
For those of you who haven't seen it yet :)

Thanks for the video.

Hess;4214313 said:
I know it’s Just a rehearsal, but He only performed what? 3-4 songs?? All of them very easy to sing actually, and not very much dancing that would put him out of breath... why on earth would he use playback??

That is not true.

One of these songs was ‘Dangerous’ which requires a lot of heavy & elaborate dancing that would have put him surely out of breath (in a similar way he was out of breath with a distorted voice while he tried to sing a few lines live towards the end of that song four days earlier at the American Bandstand).

Also, the 2002 Apollo event had a very special purpose, meaning everything at that night had to be just perfect. Lip-sync was a necessity.

So, it would have made no sense for MJ to sing live at those rehearsals because he had to check other parameters (such as, his choreography, soundboards, children choir, camera angles).

Anyway, generally I am not really bothered by his lip-sync at the Apollo because I can see the reasons behind that.

But, I would have expected from him to perform at least one song from his latest album (‘Invincible’). Typically, it was period that he was supposed to promote it.

Thank you for sharing.. Yeah a lot of playback.. But Id enjoy watching Michael perform this even without ANY audio sooo.. Whatever!

His last set of live performances I am very interested on seeing.. Man In The Mirror At United We Stand being another!

Hess;4214313 said:

It’s a little sad IMO to see the greatest live artist that ever lived like this... I know it’s Just a rehearsal, but He only performed what? 3-4 songs?? All of them very easy to sing actually, and not very much dancing that would put him out of breath... why on earth would he use playback?? The live singing in MSG 30th in 2001 showed he had great voice... so why playback? Did he become lazy? Unsecure? What happend? Why did he choose not to sing live?? He could have easily sung HTW live...

He did sound out of breath in the American Bandstand performance. You can hear him around 4:24:

[video=youtube;TCQ4jENNXfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQ4jENNXfM[/video]

Hess;4214313 said:

I think the only who can answer correctly to this is the vocalist of Michael.

How you know he didn't sing a long ? did you saw all the rehearsals ?

Let's not forget this man had 2 auto-immune diseases! overall over the years he over delivered.. Yes I love hearing live vocals but I can't be mad at when he didn't sing live.

Back