Why So Little Love For The Jacksons?

maidenman

Proud Member
For instance, Triumph is every bit as good as Off the Wall and is essentially a Michael Jackson album in all but name given he wrote the majority of it and sang lead on the majority of it. Surprised Sony isn't putting out Jacksons special editions and box sets!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: why so little love for the Jacksons?

I consider Destiny to be the first true solo MJ album. I even think i rank it higher than Off The Wall

Destiny and Triumph are amazing albums.

For instance, Triumph is every bit as good as Off the Wall and is essentially a Michael Jackson album in all but name given he wrote the majority of it and sang lead on the majority of it. Surprised Sony isn't putting out Jacksons special editions and box sets!
I have an Essential Jackson album put out by Sony/Epic that I really love. Great songs on it-I bought it just for "Find Me a Girl."

I'm surprised as well that there isn't much coverage on The Jacksons albums. Especially ones like; Going Places, Destiny, Triumph...lots of great Michael gems on these records!

It certainly would be great. When Michael was alive, he didn't seem to want to look backwards, only forwards and he preferred to release solo music as the years unfolded. I'm not sure what the stumbling block is now, though.

Count me in! I don't get that either. 'Can you feel it' is such a cool song for example! Also, love their live concerts (AND outfits :cool:)

'going places' has that vibrancy and variety that their debut lacked. whilst still keeping that social awareness. I see it as the natural next step from their early Motown days. Michael sings effortlessly, and you can actually hear the brothers harmonise - which wasn't always the case later on..

' destiny' and 'triumph' have a few good songs, but they're not easy listens for me. songs are either overlong, or suffer from bad arrangements. 'triumph' in particular is anxiety ridden. none of them have the balance or classic material that 'thriller' has.

I don't count 'victory' or '2300 jackson street'. I do however, have the 'essential jacksons' collection (uk) from 2004. It covers all the singles in their edited form - which I love ?

Ooh! I want to know why they are so underrated too! Triumph Tour is the best tour I have ever seen!

Back