What does Michael say during Bad Tour 'Rock With You'?

MJFAN222

Proud Member
Hey everyone,

Just wondering what Michael is exclaiming during his Bad Tour performance of 'Rock With You'?

Sounds like 'party' with an 'o' at the end - like 'parto!'
What does it mean and does it have a specific significance or just a fun kind of rock n roll expression?

He says it at about 4:40 (such a wonderful performance :love:)

I've always thought he says "partayy!' (party)? Probably to set the tone for a fun, gaeity performance.

to me this was always Jacksonese for "everybody"

like during Shake your Body he would sing stuff like shake your buddooo. shake your bruttoo. varitions like that, if i am not mistaken.
so i think its his way of shouting out everybody = 'body = 'bodoouuu = 'badoo = until it ultimately resulted in something like "'batoo" on the Bad Tour

just my guess

body. but he pronounces it differently.

he says batoo lol but definitely means "everybody". he also says it in APOM.

I remember the original debate over this in 2012, we had like 6 or 7 pages on it :rollin:

I agree with everyone it was Jacksonese for everybody, the time he says it in the song is just before the backing singers get going

batooo = Everybody

Lord, he sound good live. Looking at that video is still hard to know he is gone. He looks so good. AND THAT SMILE and EYES. Makes me melt every time.

Again i thought he said "my toe"!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Again i thought he said "my toe"!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Forget asking about what he says....can we just have a moment to appreciate the high note at the end? :love:

Back