Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: How Many Unreleased Songs are Complete Enough for a Release?

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,353 Times in 1,576 Posts

Default Re: How Many Unreleased Songs are Complete Enough for a Release?

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    ‘I Have This Dream’ became actually a nearly complete song even during the ‘Invincible’ sessions because it was a subject of a song-writing contest (winners would add their additional lyrics to the song) organized by Tonos Entertainment and AOL Music, so the song had to be finished and be recorded at that time.
    Fun (if not disappointing) story behind this:

Ric Kipp, a Nashville musician, won the contest by penning the lyrics and a bridge. Carole Bayer-Sager told him she loved his submission, but was allegedly intent on using her own lyrics in the finished song.

Kipp was flown out to Los Angeles with a $1,500 stipend from Tonos/AOL (which, curiously enough, didn't include a hotel) and waited for several days before being informed that MJ wasn't coming.

He wound up recording a version of the track with one of Faith Hill's backup singers, then went home and never heard from anyone again.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,030 Posts

What about an ep ? 3 or 4 really great catchy songs? That would be nice .

It's M & Sonny.

RIP Dearest M. Thank You For My Childhood Memories...& the Magic, my Darling.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    Fun (if not disappointing) story behind this:

Ric Kipp, a Nashville musician, won the contest by penning the lyrics and a bridge. Carole Bayer-Sager told him she loved his submission, but was allegedly intent on using her own lyrics in the finished song.

Kipp was flown out to Los Angeles with a $1,500 stipend from Tonos/AOL (which, curiously enough, didn't include a hotel) and waited for several days before being informed that MJ wasn't coming.

He wound up recording a version of the track with one of Faith Hill's backup singers, then went home and never heard from anyone again.
    That is interesting, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfan_93 View Post
    Thank you for these informations. So „I Have This Dream“; „From the Bottom of My Heart“ and „Light the Way“ (I think thats the third songtitle) are basically one song that MJ recorded in the Late 90s. Or did he rerecord his vocals in 2005 for „From the Bottom of My Heart“? Do you Know if the Estate has the song(s) and are there are plans to release it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    Awesome information!

Thank you mj_frenzy. Why didn't Michael eventually release this track?
    As far as the 2006 version of the ‘From The Bottom Of My Heart’ song (with the guest vocalists) is concerned, the song was not released because Michael Jackson eventually backed out of the deal that was signed between him and Prince Abdullah.

Although Michael Jackson was contractually obliged to deliver a brand new studio album in 2006-2007 through Two Seas label (including that song), an autobiography and a musical stage play, in the end for unspecified reasons he decided to pull out of these three projects that this deal demanded.

According to media/press reports at the time, Teddy Riley was later hired again by Michael Jackson in order to complete the production of that particular album (with that song, as well).

Apparently, this indicates that more than one people have the ‘From The Bottom Of My Heart’ song in their hands (the then-manager of Two Seas label Guy Holmes, and Teddy Riley among others).

The Estate is also in possession of that song, but it is not known if the Estate actually plans to release it in the future.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,247 Posts

We can try to sound educated on this but the truth is. There is no way of telling without listening; 'complete enough' is subjective. We know there is more out there, have a handful of 'for sure' ones by accounts of people that worked on the projects, but beyond that is a hypothesis game.

The last few years Michael did not save the vocal tracks with the instrumental section intentionally - so even if we hear what producers have. Unless it was nearly complete, if not 100% we may never know.. Unless found in a vault of some sort.
    Walk in truth, stand IN JUSTICE https://twitter.com/rasheedKOPV?s=09

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    That is interesting, thanks.

As far as the 2006 version of the ‘From The Bottom Of My Heart’ song (with the guest vocalists) is concerned, the song was not released because Michael Jackson eventually backed out of the deal that was signed between him and Prince Abdullah.

Although Michael Jackson was contractually obliged to deliver a brand new studio album in 2006-2007 through Two Seas label (including that song), an autobiography and a musical stage play, in the end for unspecified reasons he decided to pull out of these three projects that this deal demanded.

According to media/press reports at the time, Teddy Riley was later hired again by Michael Jackson in order to complete the production of that particular album (with that song, as well).

Apparently, this indicates that more than one people have the ‘From The Bottom Of My Heart’ song in their hands (the then-manager of Two Seas label Guy Holmes, and Teddy Riley among others).

The Estate is also in possession of that song, but it is not known if the Estate actually plans to release it in the future.
    Oh...I see.
    I was thinking that it might have been because of Michael backing out of the deal but I wasn't sure.
    Thank You!

I found some interesting articles that were reporting on the whole 'Two Seas Records' situation:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/58713/michael-jackson-sails-with-two-seas
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5380654.stm

Even the Prince fan community was talking about this, in 2006 lol:
    https://prince.org/msg/8/203185

Jamon Bull said on the MJCast (the John Barnes episode) that he remembers that there were even some pictures that leaked in the mid 00s where Michael was in the 'Two Seas Studios'.
    Is there any truth to this?
    Last edited by dethorro; 14-01-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    Oh...I see.
    I was thinking that it might have been because of Michael backing out of the deal but I wasn't sure.
    Thank You!

I found some interesting articles that were reporting on the whole 'Two Seas Records' situation:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-with-two-seas
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5380654.stm

Even the Prince fan community was talking about this, in 2006 lol:
    https://prince.org/msg/8/203185

Jamon Bull said on the MJCast (the John Barnes episode) that he remembers that there were even some pictures that leaked in the mid 00s where Michael was in the 'Two Seas Studios'.
    Is there any truth to this?
    I have not seen those studio pictures that Jamon Bull said that they leaked in the mid-00s.

But regardless of the existence or not of these leaked studio pictures, Michael Jackson was actively working on new music and he was recording in the 'Two Seas Studios' at that time.

During his stay in Bahrain at that time, Michael Jackson was seen by local people and taxi drivers entering and exiting the studio.

Also, local people saw with their own eyes various rappers entering the studio while Michael Jackson was inside (this was also confirmed by reports at the time).

There have been also comments from some of those rappers who visited him in the studio (in order to discuss with him about possible collaborations).

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    I think there is a distinction between it being about money and being ALL about money, as nite line put it. I think any reasonable person understands that the estate is a business and a business needs to thrive and make money, we get it. But the money shouldn't be all that they're aiming for. They should also preserve the artists legacy which MJ spent his entire life building and also release stuff while maintaining some level of integrity.
    Exactly.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm not sure how many unreleased songs are there. we already got a few while Michael was alive and his after his death. i'm pretty sure there's more. how many? I do not know.

I think the reasons we not getting all the songs because one Michael didn't want some release because they were undone and two they probably wanna go slow with it because let's face the fact Michael is gone and we will never get anymore new songs.

so i'm hoping this year or this decade we will get some new unheard songs. me and my mom are eager.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.