Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Level
    Thanks

Cool Michael Jackson Clone Spotted Performing (video)

Michael Jackson alive conspiracy fans are convinced footage of an impersonator on stage is actually his clone.

The two videos have surfaced on YouTube this week of Chinese tribute artist Wang Jie – otherwise known as Jackson Wang.

One clip from a performance in Sydney shows the singer donning *****’s iconic red jacket and singing Billie Jean with another singer.

It was shared by Mr_Joyy Production to on February 2, with the caption: “Michael Jackson Alive Back?”

In the YouTube description, he added: “This is clone Michael Jackson. That guy’s name is MJ Wang Jackson.”

Another video also emerged from the same gig on February 1 and was posted by user Okom.

He captioned it: “Michael Jackson clone.”

Wang Jie does bear a startling similarity to the Thriller hitmaker and has the trademark long black hair to match the outfits.

An article by chinawhisper.com has previously called him “Michael Jackson’s best imitator from China”.

But fans are clearly so amazed by his looks that they have leapt to suggest he could be the real thing.

Commenting on the clip, one wrote he had the same “forehead and nose”.

Another took to Twitter to claim: “This is Michael Jackson.”

Wang has received several awards for his impersonation of the King of Pop.

He was given the Outstanding Contribution Award at the Shanghai World Expo, the 2010 China Internet Celebrity Award, and was named Harmony Star by the World Harmony Foundation, according to a report by Sina News.

It is not the first time an impersonator with a startling similarity to MJ has sparked conspiracy claims.

Spanish tribute artist Sergio Cortes’ videos have seen some theorists claim he is the singer himself.

Source

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

Not trying to bust anyone bubble but there will never be another Michael Jackson because there's only one Michael Jackson and sadly he not with us anymore. Michael is gone and he not coming back.

I have no problem fans impersonating him but they not Michael and won't never be.

even Michael wanted his fans to follow their own dreams not exactly try to be him.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Post Space Channel 5 is coming back as a VR game without Michael

the dates are set:
    February 25 in the US, February 26 in Europe

Michael Jackson made multiple cameo appearances in the games, which won 2000 GDC awards for original game character of the year and excellence in audio. But as it became clear that the Dreamcast would be Sega’s last console, the franchise transitioned to the PlayStation 2, and UGA disbanded, ending the series.

While it was unclear Michael’s cameo will return, it has been officially said the cameo will not be part of the new version unfortunately.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Space Channel 5 is coming back as a VR game

A fresh version of one of Sega's classic properties that isn't Sonic the Hedgehog was announced last year, with Dreamcast classic Space Channel 5 returning in VR form. Now there's a launch trailer and while only the PlayStation VR version has a release date (February 25 in the US, February 26 in Europe) the website lists Vive, SteamVR, and Oculus versions coming soon.
    Space Channel 5 and its sequel (which is the only one of the two available on PC) were deeply strange rhythm games from the early 2000s in which a journalist named Ulala who lives in the 1960s idea of the future defeats aliens in dance-offs. They featured cameos from Michael Jackson, who played a character named "Space Michael". That's one thing this new VR version will presumably leave out, though it does look true to the style of the originals. (Original voice actor Apollo Smile has been replaced by Cherami Leigh, who voices the lady version of V in Cyberpunk 2077.)

While it's a shame this new Space Channel 5 game, subtitled "Kinda Funky News Flash", will only be available in VR, it's nice to see Sega bringing back one of their old series people actually liked. Jet Set Radio next?

https://www.pcgamer.com/space-channe...-as-a-vr-game/

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,408 Times in 4,239 Posts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,937 Times in 942 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Not trying to bust anyone bubble but there will never be another Michael Jackson because there's only one Michael Jackson and sadly he not with us anymore. Michael is gone and he not coming back.

I have no problem fans impersonating him but they not Michael and won't never be.

even Michael wanted his fans to follow their own dreams not exactly try to be him.
    I agree.

Impersonators and tribute artists give me the creeps, to be honest.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 627 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    I agree.

Impersonators and tribute artists give me the creeps, to be honest.
    Yup, there’s a difference between tribute and legacy. Yoann Bomal explains it in his MJ documentary very well.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Learn English With Michael Jackson

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thriller inspired 1983 ad.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

The Doctor Who Podcast “The Oodcast” covered Smooth Criminal at the end of their episode on “Orphan 55”, starting at minute 32:34. Obvious spoiler alert: Listen only if you’ve already watched “Orphan 55”.

The Ood Cast S08E02 – Benni Harder

“I don’t think she’s talking entirely to them. And I don’t think she’s talking entirely about Earth. I think she’s talking to herself and she’s talking about Gallifrey.”

In which Alpha has a theory, Loz has yogurt, we spend time with the dregs of humanity and ultimately sacrifice ourselves so that YOU can live.

Reviews: Orphan 55
    Air Date: 12th January 2020
    Song: “Benni” based on “Smooth Criminal” by Michael Jackson
    Additional notes: We will always remain a positive and upbeat podcast about Doctor Who, even when there are parts of an episode that aren’t to our tastes. In fact, the more janky bits there are, the more material there is for sketches and songs. Hence, this week, we were extremely happy Oods. BENNI, ARE YOU OKAY?

http://theoodcast.com/s08e02/

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    1985 prediction of what Michael would look like in the year 2000. Looks pretty reasonable, in my opinion, considering that the world didn’t know about his vitiligo yet. But why did they have to add a mustache?

via @historylvrsclub on Twitter
    'Cause it looks good on him.
    He looks a bit like Omar Sharif here though.

This is hilarious. But I can't figure out if it's official or someone had too much time on their hands?

The Learn English With Michael Jackson video is great! Indeed a nice way to learn the language.
    Last edited by ozemouze; 16-02-2020 at 07:05 PM.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Here are some lunacy:

Full video:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    This is hilarious. But I can't figure out if it's official or someone had too much time on their hands?
    I guess, someone put up a blank sign to fill in later and the artists took advantage of the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    This is glorious.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I guess, someone put up a blank sign to fill in later and the artists took advantage of the opportunity.
    That's what I thought to be the more plausible too. It's even more hilarious this way. I guess the best part is that the artist didn't just grab the opportunity to make a MJ drawing, but felt the need to leave a safety warning too (and a special one at that).

This is glorious.
    Isn't it? Clearly the video of the day for me. Especially as I like pointless linguistic/classificational debates like the "fruitability" of the tomato... well this is the definite, final aswer to settle this burning issue for once and for all.
    Last edited by ozemouze; 16-02-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Facebank Group To Create More Of Michael Jackson Digital Works

Facebank Group is a globally recognized developer of hyper-realistic digital humans – computer generated assets that can be distributed across the full spectrum of traditional media and emerging display technologies, including live entertainment, virtual reality, augmented reality, mobile, interactive and artificial intelligence applications.

While the name doesn’t mean anything to you, it used to be called “Pulse Evolution”. That’s the company who created the hologram of Michael Jackson at The Billboard Music Awards performance in 2014 to promote the album “XSCAPE”.

Facebank has announced their partnership with ABG, the company holding Michael Jackson licensing.

New York, NY, Feb. 11, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Facebank Group, Inc. (OTC: FBNK), a leading digital human technology company focused on the development, protection and activation of digital likeness assets for celebrities and consumers, and Authentic Brands Group (ABG), a global brand development, marketing and entertainment company, today announced a joint business development agreement to pursue and share revenue opportunities from the digital likenesses of ABG-owned icons, including Muhammad Ali, Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe. Under the agreement, Facebank and ABG will collaborate to identify opportunities to license Facebank’s photo and hyper-realistic, computer-generated technology to third-parties and bring ABG’s iconic intellectual properties to life.

“Partnering with ABG provides us with a unique opportunity to show how we can drive new revenue streams for the estates of icons like Ali, Marilyn and Elvis, but also a new world of possibilities for living celebrities to leverage their digital likenesses for commercial and creative opportunities,” said John Textor, CEO of Facebank. “Ultimately, our goal is to demonstrate that everyone in today’s ‘selfie-driven culture’ – not just celebrities – can have fun with their faces across the dozens of uses in personal productivity, games and social media. This collaboration with ABG helps advance the mission of Facebank.”
    “For many years ABG has admired Facebank’s leadership team for their ability to look towards emerging digital trends and we are excited to collaborate with them with some of the most recognizable icons of all time,” said Dan Dienst, Executive Vice Chairman of ABG.

Facebank’s computer generated assets can be distributed across the full spectrum of traditional media and emerging display technologies, including live entertainment, virtual reality, augmented reality, mobile, interactive and artificial intelligence applications.

About Authentic Brands Group
    Authentic Brands Group (ABG) is a brand development, marketing and entertainment company, which owns a portfolio of global media, entertainment and lifestyle brands. Headquartered in New York City, ABG elevates and builds the long-term value of more than 50 consumer brands and properties by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. Its brands have a global retail footprint in more than 100,000 points of sale across the luxury, specialty, department store, mid-tier, mass and e-commerce channels and more than 5,000 freestanding stores and shop-in-shops around the world.
    ABG is committed to transforming brands by delivering compelling product, content, business and immersive experiences. It creates and activates original marketing strategies to drive the success of its brands across all consumer touchpoints, platforms and emerging media. ABG’s portfolio of iconic and world-renowned brands generates more than $10 billion in annual retail sales and includes Marilyn Monroe®, Mini Marilyn®, Elvis Presley®, Muhammad Ali®, Shaquille O’Neal®, Sports Illustrated®, Dr. J®, Greg Norman®, Neil Lane®, Thalia®, Nautica®, Aéropostale®, Juicy Couture®, Vince Camuto®, Herve Leger®, Judith Leiber®, Barneys New York®, Frederick’s of Hollywood®, Nine West®, Frye®, Jones New York®, Louise et Cie®, Sole Society®, Enzo Angiolini®, CC Corso Como®, Hickey Freeman®, Hart Schaffner Marx®, Adrienne Vittadini®, Taryn Rose®, Bandolino®, Misook®, 1.STATE®, CeCe®, Chaus®, Spyder®, Tretorn®, Tapout®, Prince®, Volcom®, Airwalk®, Vision Street Wear®, Above The Rim®, Hind®, Thomasville®, Drexel® and Henredon®.

Facebank went live on Wall Street’s Super Stock Conference to open up their multi million business to shareholders.

FaceBank Group (OTC: FBNK) debut presentation at Wall Street Reporter’s NEXT SUPER STOCK livestream conference on February 13, 2020.

the video above around the 30min marks as they show what they did with Michael Jackson’s face.

The Company has a long-term agreement with the Estate of Michael Jackson, a shareholder of the Company, to share in the revenues of any commercial use of the digital likeness of Michael Jackson. It seems the Michael Jackson Estate is heavily involved in Facebank Group in terms of funds and shareholdings.

What does that mean for us the fans? Well, we will see much more digitalized Michael Jackson appearing, it can be in a form of an app for mobile phone, videos, commercials, animations, video games, the list is endless.

While fans want to see more of unreleased photos of Michael or hear unreleased songs, it seems we may get more of made up contents.

https://www.facebankgroup.com/

https://www.authenticbrandsgroup.com/

MJVibe
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 17-02-2020 at 10:29 PM. Reason: i forgot to add the source.