Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 688 Posts

Default Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

Sometimes members want to share something relating to Michael and perhaps have a brief discussion about it with other MJ fans, but they don't know where to place their item, or their thoughts. They might even be unsure about whether they should start a new thread for their contribution, or not.

Sometimes there's really no need for a whole new thread......especially for items that have been around in the fan community for a long time, BUT they still could be "new" to some people. Anything and everything related to Michael is always worthwhile for someone.

So that we don't have a whole bunch of small threads with only one or two posts in them.....where items and interactions become lost in the back-blocks of the forum, let's have a MISCELLANEOUS thread like this one.

Whenever you want to share something, but are undecided about where it should go, or if it deserves a new thread, just place it here.

:

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Miscellaneous Michael Joe Jackson - MMJJ

Originally posted by Annita

The Day Michael Jackson met Leonard Bernstein

The composer/conductor behind West Side Story was asked by Ambrosia frontman, David Pack what he wanted for his 70th birthday. To meet the King of Pop of course. The story of the day MJ met Bernstein.

https://www.professorofrock.com/port...ard-bernstein/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Bad Tour Footage Used in AMA Achievement Award Compilation? (1989)

Was that concert footage (starts at 6:03) from the LA dates in 1989? Or was it from somewhere else?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vega For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Bad Tour Footage Used in AMA Achievement Award Compilation? (1989)

Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post

Was that concert footage (starts at 6:03) from the LA dates in 1989? Or was it from somewhere else?
    The whole footage is a mixture of different venues, I think, but parts of it at the beginning, definitely look like the January 1989 concerts in LA, judging by the particular jacket Michael is wearing. I think there is some Wembley 1988 footage in there, as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Here's some wonderful TV station footage, from a Bad Tour concert in Rome in 1988. What's interesting about this footage is that it's shot from the back, or side of the stage and also includes some back stage entries and exits. Sigh....I miss the heady days of the eighties.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    The whole footage is a mixture of different venues, I think, but parts of it at the beginning, definitely look like the January 1989 concerts in LA, judging by the particular jacket Michael is wearing. I think there is some Wembley 1988 footage in there, as well.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that. The first shots of him singing Bad definitely look like they're from LA, as he looks a bit thinner and more like he would by the 90s.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Aaaah, it´s always so wonderful to see all those hot, exciting and beautiful moments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...Well, after loving me, she said she couldn´t love another...
    Michael Jackson, The Girl Is Mine

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FlyMeToTheMoon For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,842 Times in 3,034 Posts

Here's some wonderful TV station footage, from a Bad Tour concert in Rome in 1988. What's interesting about this footage is that it's shot from the back, or side of the stage and also includes some back stage entries and exits. Sigh....I miss the heady days of the eighties.

This looks like it was shot on an i-phone. The left and right margins are similar to what you see on the news when they show videos shot by people, not camera crews.

Odd. Or maybe somebody shot film of a film.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    This looks like it was shot on an i-phone. The left and right margins are similar to what you see on the news when they show videos shot by people, not camera crews.

Odd. Or maybe somebody shot film of a film.
    Well, it could have been filmed using a phone, from the TV footage.....from a tape or recording of it?? It's quite good quality, though, if it is a film of a film. I confess I didn't notice that. I was mesmerised by the back view of Michael. Hehehe.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

hellooo totally random but, aside of Janet, with who of his brothers you think Michael got along best, and who you think supported him best in life?

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Default Was there any album "Resurrection", MJ cancelled?

I was checking the unreleased song list on Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ichael_Jackson
    and there is a song name "Resurrection".
    This song has a description:

• Working title for cancelled 2003 album

• Early speculation suggests that it would have been a double album, similar to "HIStory"

• Another report suggested the album would also feature remixes from "Invincible"

• Cancelled due to increased speculation around Jackson and "Number Ones" was released instead

• Several tracks from the album were instead put on the final disc of "The Ultimate Collection"

Also, in lost time 2006 there was a post which still exists: http://prince.org/msg/8/191540?pr this contains the tracklist which was rumoured. But now we are kind of sure that some of these songs really exists.
    Further, Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me's description says "Planned for the cancelled album "Resurrection".
    so was there any album Resurrection or is it just a rumour?
    Last edited by foralltimerishi; 15-03-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsfedora View Post
    hellooo totally random but, aside of Janet, with who of his brothers you think Michael got along best, and who you think supported him best in life?
    Jackie and Marlon.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Was there any album "Resurrection", MJ cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by foralltimerishi View Post
    I was checking the unreleased song list on Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ichael_Jackson

• Early speculation suggests that it would have been a double album, similar to "HIStory"

• Another report suggested the album would also feature remixes from "Invincible"

• Cancelled due to increased speculation around Jackson and "Number Ones" was released instead

• Several tracks from the album were instead put on the final disc of "The Ultimate Collection"

Also, in lost time 2006 there was a post which still exists: http://prince.org/msg/8/191540?pr this contains the tracklist which was rumoured. But now we are kind of sure that some of these songs really exists.
    Further, Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me's description says "Planned for the cancelled album "Resurrection".
    Keep in mind that Wikipedia is not an especially reliable source of information, considering that it can be edited, changed, updated, etc. by anyone, at will.

I'm unclear, from your post, whether "Resurrection" is rumoured to be a song, or an album, or both?? Personally, I have never heard of it, at all, but of course, anything is possible.

My gut feeling is that, given Michael's usual release timeline for albums - every four/five years - it's unlikely that he had plans to release another album only two years after "Invincible"; especially when "Invincible" ended up being such a battle ground for him and such a painful/tough process, both in terms of actually getting it done and getting it promoted. He may have considered doing a companion to "Invincible" with some remixes plus extra new songs, in much the same way as BOTDF was a companion to HIStory. The fresh round of allegations and the raid on Neverland, etc. would definitely have put an end to any such ideas, considering the emotional state that Michael must have been in, at that time.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Was there any album "Resurrection", MJ cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by foralltimerishi View Post

Keep in mind that Wikipedia is not an especially reliable source of information, considering that it can be edited, changed, updated, etc. by anyone, at will.

I'm unclear, from your post, whether "Resurrection" is rumoured to be a song, or an album, or both?? Personally, I have never heard of it, at all, but of course, anything is possible.

My gut feeling is that, given Michael's usual release timeline for albums - every four/five years - it's unlikely that he had plans to release another album only two years after "Invincible"; especially when "Invincible" ended up being such a battle ground for him and such a painful/tough process, both in terms of actually getting it done and getting it promoted. He may have considered doing a companion to "Invincible" with some remixes plus extra new songs, in much the same way as BOTDF was a companion to HIStory. The fresh round of allegations and the raid on Neverland, etc. would definitely have put an end to any such ideas, considering the emotional state that Michael mus have been in, at that time.
    There was never any album or song (or both) called ‘Resurrection’.

Some fans who were disappointed by the whole ‘Invincible’ situation (low sales, lack of inadequate promotion, etc) came up at that time with that fake project ‘Resurrection’ & they additionally started to spread those false rumors.

In fact, there were never any plans at all for a new studio album at that time. MJ decided to extricate himself from Sony by delivering the box set ‘The Ultimate Collection’ in 2004.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

Default Unreleased Song Titles

Have you ever read the unreleased titles & even though you have never heard the song...the title alone creates its own melody in your head (like a prediction)...at least in my head. I've never in my life heard "lucy is in love with linus" but for Some odd ass reason...i walk around & hum it & i find myself doing it alot with alot of titles ive read about but that song in particular is stuck on my brain & IVE NEVER HEARD IT! I just go around like 🎤lucy is in loooooove with linus!🎵Has this ever happend to anyone else?