What to Expect for the 10th Anniversary from the MJ Estate

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelsfedora

Proud Member
I wonder if you guys have heard any hints on the possible projects the State is preparing for the 10th anniversary of his passing :cry:? Considering those things take time, I guess they should be working on it at the moment, or about to.

Or do you think they won't take advantage to grab some money on that occasion at all... (note the sarcasm:troll2:).

Re: What to expect for the 10th anniversary from the MJ State

Sadly I dont expect anything besides the usual "greatest hits" releases :(

I've thought about this many times over the past 10 years, and I agree they would be working on this NOW. In fact I hope they'd have been working on it for quite a while by now as 15months left until the anniversary. We know the likes of Fiddes and others are already planning to cash in, so let's hope the Estate can divert attention from those with some great official releases.

I guess there is huge potential for a This Is It anniversary edition with some new footage, accompanied by a re-release or new marketing for the This Is It album. The MJ Estate don't need to release a new hits album because there are already too many, but I guarantee there will either be an album re-release or a new release to coincide with the anniversary. Maybe we'll get another chalk!

I'd like there to be a proper concert celebration - the one the family put on in Cardiff (of all places) was a shambles and even though there were good performance from Beyonce etc it just fell a bit flat IMO. It wasn't anywhere near sold out which was a shame.
]
I'd like there to be an official tribute song released! Better On The Other side was, in my opinion, a great tribute and the video was well done but it wasn't released commercially as a single at the time and that was a real shame. Biggie had 'I'll be Missing You' by Puffy etc and it was a great hit. It's still played no the radio now. But MJ has nothing. there was talk of a song called 'Still The King' being worked by Will I am (I think) which was going to feature artists MJ inspired and that could be a great song if it ever materialised. At least in theory anyway.

Of course a new MJ song release would be great, but it has to be something that could gain radio play and not appeal to only MJ fans, and I don't think there is much material left that (a) is in a useable state; and (b) sounds contemporary enough for release as a single now.

I've been getting more interested in Pinball so for a random release, I'd like to see an official pinball machine, just like Elvis, KISS, ACDC and others. :)

Disappointment.

I wonder if you guys have heard any hints on the possible projects the State is preparing for the 10th anniversary of his passing :cry:? Considering those things take time, I guess they should be working on it at the moment, or about to.

Or do you think they won't take advantage to grab some money on that occasion at all.

I think it's a waste of time to speculate. The 10th anniversary is still more than a year away and it isn't really a "celebratory event", in my mind.....death anniversaries never are....they merely mark the passage of time. The Estate will make announcements about projects when the time is right and we just need to keep our eyes and ears open for those announcements, as they occur. I think we all need to prepare ourselves, as well, for a time when there won't be anything new happening and we will need to rely on and use what we have, more and more.

I heard murmurs that they wanted to release a tenth anniversary DVD of This Is It with the unseen rehearsals ("Stranger in Moscow," "Dangerous," a walkthrough of "Will You Be There," perhaps a couple band rehearsals). I'd absolutely love that.

I doubt they'll acknowledge Michael's passing with a release, they may do something with This Is It in October of next year.
Although I do doubt that after the trials in which it was detailed the amount Michael didn't show up for rehearsals

Honestly I am not expecting much , of course we have thriller 3d coming and this or that..
But actual celebration, I'm guessing nada.. I'd love a deluxe this is it with more footage (bonus material).. I'd rebuy the DVD for that. It even a this is it documentary that is simply different than the film we have.

This is it was made to show what was planned to be with a look under the hood in the creative process.. well they could do a reverse documentary. More of the creative process with glimpses into the stage show.

Either way what I'm getting at is more of this "100 hrs of footage" that they have.. Michael rehearsed more than what was shown, if the rehearsals are simply not good to show.. they can share clips while talking about and planning of.

All those little clippings we saw in bonus material. Show more!

We know dangerous was rehearsed, we've even seen pics of mj and non mj rehearsal snippets..

Dirty diana was rehearsed before the "official" rehearsal set for the 25th with the bed.. and I'm sure there is at least footage of Mike talking about the performance, the bed, the flames etc.

They are sitting on gold

Its also Michaelā€™s 60th birthday this year so even though getting new music is unlikely I hope we see something exciting at least.

Take this with a grain of salt as itā€™s from ā€œthe sunā€ but apparently Tito Jackson said we might get new songs this year: https://bit.ly/2GevkZX

Smooth72;4219082 said:
Please we donā€™t need anymore Spike Lee.
We do need that 3rd one & they can repackage it with the new 4k version & the making of....that's a hell of a marketing strategy!
Or he could do his own trilogy

What to Expect for the 10th Anniversary from the MJ Estate

A nice compilation album, re-re-remastered with Munich '97 as bonus.

What do I want for the 10th Anniversary?

A full Bad tour show in HD, I don't care if they use footage from different shows.

Don't let Spike Lee do anything for Michael ever again. Bad 25 was fine, but Off the Wall was absolutely terrible. I cannot even begin to imagine what he would do to Thriller.

Just remaster The Making of Thriller and send us on our way.

My view on above..

If we did not 'let' spike do it.. I would not have much. Whatever we may think of a particular project, they have been passion pieces. Passion pieces that no one else is putting effort in. I am only thankful for both docs. And just cuz OTW doc wasn't as 'good' as BAD.. I wouldn't assume Thriller would be bad.

Spike in the end of the day is a great producer/director.

Don't let Spike Lee do anything for Michael ever again. Bad 25 was fine, but Off the Wall was absolutely terrible. I cannot even begin to imagine what he would do to Thriller.

Off The Wall doc was great tho...

He should finish his trilogy with Thriller, and then let someone else do the others.

wow, I didn't expect for this thread to get so many answers! I'm glad everyone is giving their point of view on this topic (y)

Personally, think the State will indeed release another 'best of' CD for sure :troll2:, but I'm hopeful that won't be it and we will finally get a concert release *fingers crossed*

And what could be said about Thriller that we haven't heard a million times already? I'd be more interested in a documenatry about Dangerous or HIStory/BOTDF. And it doesn't have to be directed by Spike Lee. Someone else could do it

Disappointment.

This cracked me up. Lol!

But, seriously, I've been watching the Dangerous Tour rehearsals a lot lately. Would be great, if they would think to release some new rehearsal material (any era would be fine for me)

This cracked me up. Lol!

But, seriously, I've been watching the Dangerous Tour rehearsals a lot lately. Would be great, if they would think to release some new rehearsal material (any era would be fine for me)

One Night Only rehearsals would be great

Not only great, a dream come true! :laughing: (I'm sure there must be footage of that in Michael's vaults. He used to film almost everything...)

And what could be said about Thriller that we haven't heard a million times already? I'd be more interested in a documenatry about Dangerous or HIStory/BOTDF. And it doesn't have to be directed by Spike Lee. Someone else could do it

agree, the other albums need more love and documentaries!!

For this and next year I would be happy with this: (at least Branca was talking about the first 3 things as something what they want to do)

3D thriller in cinemas as a precursor to a big movie
Revision of Ghost and broadcast on TV
A History-concert DVD release

Returning TII as a broadcast on TV on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the death does not seem outlandish, and in this context the publishing of a Blu-Ray with further additions by the end of 2019 would be an adequate release

IĀ“m excited on Number Ones 25th Anniversary .....

Not keen on a repackaged This Is It.

I'm really not expecting much. But if they could give us the HD music videos I'd be delighted. Something in cinemas would be great. Something to really make people take notice. But I'd highly doubt that.

Unseen rehearsal footage from This Is It featuring additional songs would be pretty great but who knows how well Michael rehearsed them. Also would love to have more HD tour videos especially from Bad & Dangerous.

Harun;4219126 said:
IĀ“m excited on Number Ones 25th Anniversary .....

Maybe we will get something for the 15th anniversary....it would be amazing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back