"Invincible" - My Version Of The Album Cover

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
So I feel as though the final album cover of "Invincible" lacked a lot of opulence and beauty. Don't get me wrong I love the image on the album cover,but I feel as though the cover needed a more regal and opulent approach since after all it was Michael's musical comeback at the time and his last studio album was HIStory in 1995,which takes the cake of opulence and kingly-hood,fittingly so since Michael is the king of pop. I had a few ideas for an image to use,but I eventually settled on one of the Arno Bani portraits that was auctioned off in 2010. Many people unfortunately don't like the portraits as they "make Michael look too feminine",which I highly disagree with,especially the image I chose to make my version of the album cover. The way that Michael is wrapped in gold staring into the camera commands a kingly presence that nobody can truly replicate,past present or future. I originally planned on adding a crown to this picture,but I thought it'd be best to not make it too tacky. I also removed most of the color but kept the gold as the standout of the cover. After thinking about it and stewing just now,I'm actually not very happy with the text I chose and I think I should have just left the album title on the cover in a much smaller fashion. But if you like the text that's great. If not that's great too lol. Another touch was adding the golden glitter eye because I love the portrait of Michael with the blue glitter eye that Arno took as well. How Michael looks down at the camera with a vulnerability in his face really stood out to me. So I added on the gold glitter eye and made that the other standout in the image. Enough of my rambling and explanation here's the cover I made lol. I hope you enjoy it and get use out of it.
39524822710_b94802d836_o.jpg

After thinking about it and stewing just now,I'm actually not very happy with the text I chose and I think I should have just left the album title on the cover in a much smaller fashion.

Hmmmm.....I think I've stated (loud and clear) that I dislike (intensely) all of the Arno Bani photos, but I confess, I kind of like what you've done here!

I agree with you, about the font that you've chosen for the title. I'd like to see it in a different font, a different colour (maybe white or red) and perhaps a bit smaller.

I also wonder how it would look with Michael's name somewhere else, rather than each side of his head? (It kind of looks as though his name blasted straight out of his ears...lol). That's just me, wanting everything to be symmetrical, I guess. I'd kind of like to see the album title at the top and Michael's name at the bottom.

I love the black and gold and what you've done with the image itself, though, so thank you for teaching me to like it!

Remade version that I just did. Couple differences,like cropping most of the image to half of Michael's face and changed the font (thanks to another MJ forum member btw!)
41313181442_f1ff2edbaa_o.jpg

Remade version that I just did. Couple differences,like cropping most of the image to half of Michael's face and changed the font (thanks to another MJ forum member btw!)

FANTASTIC!!

It runs along the same theme as the cover of "Moonwalk" and the box set of "Ghosts"....with only half of Michael's face visible. Very cool!

41313181442_f1ff2edbaa_o.jpg

Dunk96, Good job MJ should be proud of your new cover for Invincible album :)

Back