Guyyysss finally the original invincible cover seen!!!

Mogul

Proud Member
48f421cbfd8f8ec10650a277fcf75e96.png

Wow. Would've been so much cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Original Invincible Original Cover

Finally!*The original cover of the album '' Invincible '' with Michael Jackson '' golden '' appears:

Omer Bhatti, a friend of Michael Jackson, has published in his*Instagram*stories*an alternate cover image of the album*Invincible*.
For years the fan community has been aware that the true cover of the latest studio album by King of Pop Michael Jackson was inspired*by photographer Albert Watson's Golden Boy*.
Albert Watson was hired for the photo shoot of the album.*In this first version, Michael appears completely painted in gold.*However, at the last minute,*Sony Music*decided to make changes to the colors of the artwork.
According to Karen Faye's Twitter account, Michael's makeup artist talks about her work:
"The cover of Invincible was retouched so that it did not even come close to the original of Albert Watson.*I painted Michael in gold and he wore a golden hairstyle, too.*I was very disappointed by what Sony did with the photo.*The original was really amazing. "
In addition to the golden cape, other covers were planned

?????
695241c90035a4f662bd5b67919d1810.jpg
9ddad2d0be448987b878d03b48799bd1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Original Invincible Original Cover

So surprised when Omar Bhatti shared this images on his Instagram @kidslife. So these cd's are part of his collection of Michael Jackson cd's! Love that Michael probably gave these work-in-process items to him. They were good friends ofcourse. He probably doesn't know we never seen these covers before. I cleaned the gold image a little bit
Invincible%20Clean%20Gold%20Alternative%20edition%202001_zpsklgtopfp.png
[/URL]

Dude this is the original photo. That means you don't like invincible cover.

The invincible photo is edited to hell. I do like it, this original one is bad.

I like the Invincible cover the way it turned out. I'm not so sure about this alternative.

Re: Original Invincible Original Cover

I quite like the red and blue covers.....I always thought the photos of Michael dancing (with the pole) were brilliant and more like the "real" Michael Jackson, to me. I think the golden one is very contrived. I'm quite glad that it was edited the way it was for the actual cover release.

9ddad2d0be448987b878d03b48799bd1.jpg

^ I agree. The three coloured ones (especially the white!) stand out much more compared to the golden alternative cover. I'm surprised at how 'bland' the original idea is...I don't think it would 'pop' out at you in a music shop, just blend into the background.

I agree the released one pops out more. But they completely removed shadows from his face. That i don't like. His facial features should've been visible.

This Snap had me shook.
urNc5lV.png

I hope he'd one day be able to share this. Or somebody.

yeah sorry, the one that says "MICHAEL" specifically is not the style he goes for.. His albums always have his full name.. not that its the biggest deal but after so many albums, it would be expected..

Also that The Way You make Me Feel CD... well interesting it's dated just days before 30th anniversary. my first assumption would be the recording they planned for the concert.

I hate that he show us all those tracks.
We will never hear those.. so why tease us?

It’s doubt it’s the original. On the former website planet Jackson (website of his B&W magazine back in the day) they posted the artwork which was later replaced. His head was painted in silver where he looked to the side. It looked futuristic and original.

Can’t find the pic anywhere.

It's real. End of topic.

The design of it is pretty bad. The photo is kind of cool. Would have worked better as a design with just the photo and no titles.

The fact that this giant debate started regarding the legitimacy of this cover is quite sad honestly,especially since Omer has never been malicious with any of his intentions in the past or ever when it comes to MJ. They're all real Invincible album covers,but they're more of "test covers" before the final cover was chosen and they obviously rejected them all in favor of the closeup of Michael's face when he was painted gold,then reverting it to black & white and coloring them in four different colors besides the standard white.

I really didn't like the Invincible cover, because Michael looked so white and artificial. But this gold one is even worse.

I don't think people are really debating the authenticity of the fact this may have been submitted.. It's just clear to some that Michael would not have gone with the cover for a few reasons.. When I saw it, I simply thought.. Mike wouldn't have gone for it! that was at least my stance on it, not so much I think anyone was trying to trick anyone about the cover.

I don't think people are really debating the authenticity of the fact this may have been submitted.. It's just clear to some that Michael would not have gone with the cover for a few reasons.. When I saw it, I simply thought.. Mike wouldn't have gone for it! that was at least my stance on it, not so much I think anyone was trying to trick anyone about the cover.

How would he not go with it if it was his artistic freedom which created it.

^ is that the story behind it that Michael made the covers?

The reason I said that I dont see that mike would go for an album cover like that is for the reasons I mentioned before. Michael's solo albums and films have his full name with the title.. he never really went by just his first name on projects like that, it would be totally out of character.

^ is that the story behind it that Michael made the covers?

The reason I said that I dont see that mike would go for an album cover like that is for the reasons I mentioned before. Michael's solo albums and films have his full name with the title.. he never really went by just his first name on projects like that, it would be totally out of character.

Ok i misunderstood. Sorry. I was talking about the actual photo.

Back