Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 87

Thread: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

   
  1. #61
    Points: 42,966, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,594
    Points
    42,966
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    1,461
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 1,550 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    ^^^

    I don't think so - but he is on OMC, so I can't say for sure...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

    I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

  2. #62
    Points: 8,897, Level: 63
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    2,891
    Points
    8,897
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 631 Times in 309 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by JichaelMackson View Post
    And then it dropped like a stone... A hit must have longevity more than a high peak imo. It's better to have a song peak top 20 if it stays thereabout for 2 , 3 months, then 2 or 3 weeks in the top 20 but a top 5 peak.
    Well it was an extremely busy Christmas period in the singles market. And in those days singles rarely hung around - albeit Christmas is slightly different in the UK.

    I get what you're saying, but top 5 is nothing to be sniffed at.

    Also Kelly did not sing on the finished YANA unless he's buried somewhere in the backing vocals. Kelly is absolutely singing the "ME" line in OMC.

  3. #63
    Points: 5,345, Level: 46
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    865
    Points
    5,345
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 685 Times in 329 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Well it was an extremely busy Christmas period in the singles market. And in those days singles rarely hung around - albeit Christmas is slightly different in the UK.

    I get what you're saying, but top 5 is nothing to be sniffed at.

    Also Kelly did not sing on the finished YANA unless he's buried somewhere in the backing vocals. Kelly is absolutely singing the "ME" line in OMC.
    Singles did hang around back then.

    Earth Song was number one for 6 weeks, including during the lead up to and including the Christmas chart.
    Top 5 is ok, but as said earlier, a true hit is judged by total sales (now streams) not by its peak.
    OMC was not a big seller. It was not a big hit.

    I was VERY Surprised at the time that it hit Top5 but I specifically recall that in my area a local radio station played it every night because they ran a show where people would call in or register their favourite tracks on the website. OMC was #1 on that chart for quite a long time. Must have been some supportive fans out there.

    But the general public didn't buy into the single, and generally radio stations didn't play it.

  4. #64
    Points: 8,897, Level: 63
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    2,891
    Points
    8,897
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 631 Times in 309 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by MJTruth View Post
    Singles did hang around back then.

    Earth Song was number one for 6 weeks, including during the lead up to and including the Christmas chart.
    Top 5 is ok, but as said earlier, a true hit is judged by total sales (now streams) not by its peak.
    OMC was not a big seller. It was not a big hit.

    I was VERY Surprised at the time that it hit Top5 but I specifically recall that in my area a local radio station played it every night because they ran a show where people would call in or register their favourite tracks on the website. OMC was #1 on that chart for quite a long time. Must have been some supportive fans out there.

    But the general public didn't buy into the single, and generally radio stations didn't play it.
    Earth Song was 1995, One More Chance was almost 10 years later.

  5. #65
    Points: 11,355, Level: 70
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,409
    Points
    11,355
    Level
    70
    Thanks
    1,350
    Thanked 704 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Also Kelly did not sing on the finished YANA unless he's buried somewhere in the backing vocals. Kelly is absolutely singing the "ME" line in OMC.
    R. Kelly was the one who made the song and gave to Michael because he felt it would better for him to sing it. R. Kelly made you are not alone. Michael was one who sang it. it's a good song but not my favorite.



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  6. #66
    Points: 11,355, Level: 70
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,409
    Points
    11,355
    Level
    70
    Thanks
    1,350
    Thanked 704 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    Not fair to say it was a shame MJ ever associated himself with R. Kelly. - Back in 1994/95 when they collaborated on YANA R. Kelly was a big name and no one knew the dirt about him back then.

    With that logic you can never work with anyone - becuase you never know what they might do in the future... - or already has done that is not yet discovered.
    That's your opinion. no knew about what r kelly was doing. while his music good he still guilty. Michael probably knew too but still wrote a song because he probably liked the way he made his music etc. Michael shouldn't never worked with r. Kelly after the things came out. but like i said Michael was pure.



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  7. #67
    Points: 11,355, Level: 70
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,409
    Points
    11,355
    Level
    70
    Thanks
    1,350
    Thanked 704 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    Agreed.
    Me too.



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  8. #68
    Points: 2,204, Level: 28
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    195
    Points
    2,204
    Level
    28
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 237 Times in 102 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    That has never been confirmed by anyone. If i remember correctly someone, i think it was brad buxer or Michael prince, said that this song was made in 03 and was not made for a studio album.
    That’s what Michael Prince said on the MJCast. The vocals (at least) on the version we have, have been confirmed to have been recorded in June/July 2003.

  9. #69
    Points: 42,966, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,594
    Points
    42,966
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    1,461
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 1,550 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    That's your opinion. no knew about what r kelly was doing. while his music good he still guilty. Michael probably knew too but still wrote a song because he probably liked the way he made his music etc. Michael shouldn't never worked with r. Kelly after the things came out. but like i said Michael was pure.
    You think MJ knew R. Kelly had done those terrible things and still wanted to work with him. MJ went thru hell in 1993 with those allegations. I am absolutely 100 % sure if MJ knew he would never associate with R. Kelly. - To make that connection just a few years after he himself was accused...? Makes no sense.

    MJ did not want to work with a man who had produces gay porn... - so I highly doubt he would work with a person he knew/thought was a criminal.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

    I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:


  11. #70
    Points: 8,897, Level: 63
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    2,891
    Points
    8,897
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 631 Times in 309 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    R. Kelly was the one who made the song and gave to Michael because he felt it would better for him to sing it. R. Kelly made you are not alone. Michael was one who sang it. it's a good song but not my favorite.
    I was only talking about who was singing on it, not who wrote it.

    But while we're on the topic, I strongly suspect Michael had no hand in writing One More Chance and unlikely he had much to do with the arrangement and other such credits. Michael made a deal with Kelly similar to the ones he pulled for the writing credits on the Invincible tracks - is my strong suspicion.

  12. #71
    Points: 11,355, Level: 70
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,409
    Points
    11,355
    Level
    70
    Thanks
    1,350
    Thanked 704 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    You think MJ knew R. Kelly had done those terrible things and still wanted to work with him. MJ went thru hell in 1993 with those allegations. I am absolutely 100 % sure if MJ knew he would never associate with R. Kelly. - To make that connection just a few years after he himself was accused...? Makes no sense.

    MJ did not want to work with a man who had produces gay porn... - so I highly doubt he would work with a person he knew/thought was a criminal.
    He had to knew. it was all over the news and everything. wait maybe i'm confused....? anyway, i still feel it wasn't right for Michael to make songs with him.



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  13. #72
    Points: 9,416, Level: 65
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,890
    Points
    9,416
    Level
    65
    Thanks
    2,939
    Thanked 1,354 Times in 742 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Tbf it was pretty well known what R. Kelly was doing at the time he was doing it. Especially in the entertainment industry.

  14. #73
    Points: 7,137, Level: 55
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    wonderouzmj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    882
    Points
    7,137
    Level
    55
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 580 Times in 268 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjfan_93 View Post
    Is R.Kelly singing on YANA too?
    Yea. U can hear him after the 1st chorus "looooone why loooonnnnne.... just thee other night"
    & bgv

  15. #74
    Points: 61,750, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    analogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    7,493
    Points
    61,750
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,179
    Thanked 8,565 Times in 2,694 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Didn't the allegations about R.Kelly come out after MJ died?

  16. #75
    Points: 11,355, Level: 70
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,409
    Points
    11,355
    Level
    70
    Thanks
    1,350
    Thanked 704 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

    Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    Didn't the allegations about R.Kelly come out after MJ died?
    I'm not sure. i'm pretty sure they were out when he was alive. I don't know.



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •