Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

Mogul

Proud Member
Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''? I heard it somewhere and listened to the song a couple times, but i don't hear it.

:smoothcriminal:

Mogul;4224148 said:
Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''? I heard it somewhere and listened to the song a couple times, but i don't hear it.

:smoothcriminal:
Yes, ‘One More Chance’ features vocals from R. Kelly, too (on the chorus).

mj_frenzy;4224149 said:

Just like "Don't Walk Away", right?

mj_frenzy;4224149 said:

Listen to the ford "remix", same vocals from R.Kelly

R. Kelly's vocals are momentarily spliced in during the pre-chorus of "One More Chance":

"If you see her, tell her this for me
All I need is..."

The word "me" is R. Kelly.

Additionally, I believe R. Kelly is the one doing the "woo! woo!" chants during the final 30 seconds of "Cry."

Yea whomever mixed it was horrible. I wish Bruce did this 1. The blend is great but i know r.kellys voice. Just like in you are not alone you can hear kelly on the part "looooone alone....why...loooooone....." just thee other night.....

R. Kelly's vocals are momentarily spliced in during the pre-chorus of "One More Chance":

All I need is..."

Additionally, I believe R. Kelly is the one doing the "woo! woo!" chants during the final 30 seconds of "Cry."

Btw isn't there a version of r Kelly singing one more chance alone? I could have sworn that I've heard a version with just r Kelly that was extended with extra adlibs. Do you know anything about this?

honestly there voices go well together, even when the two voice meet in that sentence it flows well to me..

Honestly their voices go well together, even when the two voices meet in that sentence it flows well to me..

I agree that their voices blend well. This entire thread has been a revelation! I had no idea that R. Kelly's voice was mixed into this many of Michael's songs. I thought it was only YANA.

All I need is..."

I'm VERY sure that it is Michael who is singing the "Me", it just sounds very similar.

Oh I hate it. In principle it feels fraudulent to me.

That's kind of my gist with some of the R Kelly tracks and this validates my opinion that the R Kelly penned tracks for MJ sounds like songs an impersonator would do to try to replicate MJ's sound. At times it sounds so forced and not natural. It doesn't surprise me that their voices blend so seamlessly because R Kelly was trying to sound like MJ on those records.

Like, did MJ not record just the word? I'm so confused as to why that would be needed. Maybe it was an inside joke or something.

Last edited:
Maybe just an insider nod between artists, on Alanis Morrisettes Head Over Feet Madonna sang the word "fault" on the chorus, its no big deal just nice to have her on there I Suppose

MJ's vocals sound very weird on OMC. For me, easily his worst vocal delivery. It doesn't help that the song itself isn't that good.

MJ's vocals sound very weird on OMC. For me, easily his worst vocal delivery. It doesn't help that the song itself isn't that good.

I don't particularly like the song, itself, but I don't have a problem with Michael's vocal delivery.

It's because it's processed.

People don't seem to like MJ's songs much, when they're over-processed. I think that's one of the criticisms made, of the songs on "Invincible". I appreciate Michael's voice, through all of its various forms and experimentations. I don't think his voice has to sound any specific way (such as Jones/Swedien produced, for example), to still be good.

Why in the world would they splice in one word? That's really weird to me.

I had no idea about this also...I just listened and now I can tell. How odd!

I think the song overall is nice though, not exactly setting the world alight but I do like it.

I still dont believe it. Do we have any propper proof of it?

Back