Drake featuring Michael Jackson (TONIGHT)

dam2040

Proud Member
Drake - Don’t Matter To Me (featuring Michael Jackson)
Track 22
Album - Scorpion
June 29th

I am absolutely stunned at this. I hope the track brings MJ some shine.

Im wondering what is being used of Mikes!

I think it will be the Paul Anka Track "It dont matter to me". He spoke about that one a few years ago.

He f*cked up that Aaliyah track he did. What makes you think this will be any better?
giphy.gif

Probably a sample. It'd be very strange for the estate to let him use unheard vocals.

there is no site thats already streaming or at least giving 15-30 second clips? I know amazon does it often before an album is released.. I checked for this there and did not find it :/

EDIT: So a few hours ago I said to some fans, "You know, there's a Paul Anka song titled 'It Don't Matter to Me'. Do you think...?" And I pretty quickly deduced that it was a dumb idea.

Well.

According to TMZ:

"Our sources tell us ... the track -- titled "Don't Matter to Me" -- is actually a previously unreleased MJ song that Drake raps and sings along with. The format is similar to the 2014 song, "Love Never Felt So Good" ... which was a Jackson tune turned into a duet with Justin Timberlake."

I don't want to jump the gun here, so all I'll say is that if this is serious, this is one of the most nonsensical things the Estate has ever done.

Last edited:
I'd wait to hear it before I make any opinion.. if it's new mj material of course I'll want to hear it

EDIT: So a few hours ago I said to some fans, "You know, there's a Paul Anka song titled 'It Don't Matter to Me'. Do you think...?" And I pretty quickly deduced that it was a dumb idea.

Well.

According to TMZ:

"Our sources tell us ... the track -- titled "Don't Matter to Me" -- is actually a previously unreleased MJ song that Drake raps and sings along with. The format is similar to the 2014 song, "Love Never Felt So Good" ... which was a Jackson tune turned into a duet with Justin Timberlake."

I don't want to jump the gun here, so all I'll say is that if this is serious, this is one of the most nonsensical things the Estate has ever done.

If this is true then yeah it is a pretty stupid decision. I like Drake but giving him a never before heard MJ song to rap over is pretty stupid. Can't wait for Get Your Weight Off Of Me featuring lil Wayne

I was thinking Who Is It lol I love Drake so this is pretty cool for me

I mean if it is unheard then it makes sense exposure-wise. Drakes big right now, this track will get several downloads/streams IMO

His voice sounds horrible. What did they do? I was so excited

... wow. Just wow.

They gave Drake an unreleased Michael Jackson song and he absolutely decimated it.

Michael's vocals sound like one of those filtered acapellas you'd find on YouTube. None of the Anka demos have available multitracks, so I'd assume Drake and/or his producer tried to edit out the piano and work with the raw vocal, despite the fact that it sounds absolutely terrible. Plus, I'm 99% positive they drowned it in Auto-Tune. At times I thought this was another Cascio fiasco, because it's so distorted and damaged that it doesn't always sound like him.

On top of that, the song is pretty bad. You wade through the mediocre trap/R&B beat and Drake's horrible mumble-singing to get to Michael's vocals, which don't measure up because of how badly they're mixed.

If I had any respect for the Estate, it's gone now for permitting this. This is in far worse taste than anything done on Xscape.

what the F... his voice agh!! Michael is not a robot and they should NEVER make him sound like one.. he has a glorious voice and should be treated as such

Doesn't sound like autotune to me, it's just a weird filter that they applied on them vocals. Well, it does sound bad but I think I can get used to it after a while. Drake's one of the most popular rappers out there as well, so it is actually a cool way to introduce his younger audience to MJ.

The question is: Why did the Estate allow this remix to happen, but said no when will.i.am tried to release his collaboration a few years ago?!

Doesn't sound like autotune to me, it's just a weird filter that they applied on them vocals. Well, it does sound bad but I think I can get used to it after a while. Drake's one of the most popular rappers out there as well, so it is actually a cool way to introduce his younger audience to MJ.

The question is: Why did the Estate allow this remix to happen, but said no when will.i.am tried to release his collaboration a few years ago?!

Whatever it is. It's the technique that Drake uses for his terrible singing. But Michael's singing is already perfect. Why???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh, I don't think it's the effect that's ruining his singing, It seems like they just used a weak take.

Pitch correction doesn't ruin vocals, only if the settings are set wrong or if u use It too much. There's no reason why they would try to make MJ look bad next to Drake.

Anyway, I looked on both instagram and twitter and people seem to really like the track.

Example:

jwTghJ

People don't really care if it sounds weird, I think they rather appreciate it for sounding "different".

All of a sudden you say you don't want me no more

All of a sudden you say that I closed the door

It Don't Matter to Me

It Don't Matter to Me, What you say !

It Don't Matter to Me

It Don't Matter to Me, What you say !

Girl, you love, you think you broke it
I'm leavin' you today, you broke my heart
Girl, you love, you think you broke it
I'm leavin' you today, you broke my heart

Wondering, how the 1980 demo sounds ! Would love to hear it ! I think it will be amazing !

Please Paul, release the demo for us ! Its been so long since we heard new material !

Though its a horrible mix, as we know that paul and mj collaborations does not have any multitracks ! Listen Those Vocals even they were filtered and auto tune the way mj sings was way beyond and perfect and catchy ! Especially i Close the door ! Weekend Effect

This is terrible. MJ Estate must give us the original demo. Branca looks stupid now to say the least. No unreleased music but we'll give it to Drake to butcher.

The vocals are filtered or has been edited - but I still hear MJ - and I think it's ok.

BUT - as AlwaysThere writes above - WHY ??

Why on earth give a full demo to Drake and then he only uses small parts?? - This song has full MJ vocals, correct? So it could have been released as a solo MJ song...

I really hope The Estate releases the MJ solo version very soon... MJ never worked with Drake, right? - Why did the Estate allow him to make this song?

I'm speachless in the worst way possible........

@mthalen agreed about the Weeknd comment, especially the vocals at the end, but I'm actually quite pleased with this track, especially after how Lenny Kravitz's Low merely featured hoo's, and I was expecting this to be the same. My favourite part of this track is Drake doesn't actually sing over ANY parts MJ sings. Removing Drake's parts I still got a 2:30 MJ edit :D

True, the vocal processing leaves something to be desired (reminds me of those pitched-vocal compositions by Nathan Jay and others), but we don't know the extent of MJ's voice in the source. It sounds fairly similar to how he sang All in Your Name, but a bit weaker.

I'd put this more or less in league with Ride With Me by Rodney Jerkins (which I quite enjoy as well).

Well, Butterflies and One More Chance had a considerable amount of pitch-correction and note alterations. Heck, OMC even has lines where R Kelly's voice has been spliced with MJ's. And don't get me started on the blatantly fake note extensions in Speechless and You Are Not Alone.

MJ must be rolling in his grave right now. MJ would have never ever, EVER released something like this with his voice sounding that bad. This is so disrespectful to MJ, the perfectionist who spent years perfecting his songs. Yet again it’s the estate so why am I not surprised.

Crazy how Drake got an unreleased MJ track on his album. The song is pretty good, sure it’s a bit processed but it still sounds like Michael. Great to hear new vocals!

Back