The Other T.I.I Tour Costumes. (+ sketches)

Wilson30

Proud Member
This costumes wasn't showed in the Movie extras.
Maybe there are hardcore fans that could knows them all.
but still there are people who dosen't,that's why i post it.

First early sketches.made by Zaldy.
The first one kinda Resembles the 1993 DWT Military Costume,Next to it,it's a Straitjacket?
Straitjacket was mentioned on the Rundown setlist for Dangerous.

k5TEyhL.png

Pyro Flame Kevlar Beat it Jacket
GGz8TMO.jpg

UUPJcxD.png

Dangerous? other source saying that is for IJCSLY
Hz1MVcN.png

Different/Alternative Starting costume?
ZjCDW6a.jpg

That werid torso.
NzMS8LP.png

Also a Better view of the Full Smooth criminal suit.
https://i.imgur.com/iRFFxXq.png

Last edited:
Great post!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoulders from opening costume was removable, I think MJ would remove it after he go out from "Light Man".
Can't imagine him dancing with this huuuuge shoulders??

Great post ??!

I loooove these outfits! Great style, like many other MJ's outfits (if not all of them really). I like the sketches as well. Thanks for posting!

Zaldy did a terrible job. Michael Bush was preparing backups.

Out of all of the Zaldy costumes I loved the opening outfit,the Jackson 5 outfit,the Thriller outfit,the Billie Jean outfit (revolutionary btw) and the We Are The World/Heal The World jacket. Otherwise several of his outfits are beyond gaudy and bizarre,even for Michael's standards. Quite personally for me I think several costumes would have been removed of Zaldy's from the final outfits and replaced with classic costumes we all knew (i.e. the insanely heavy jacket made for Black Or White would have not sustained Michael's weight at the time had he lived to perform the shows) from Michael Bush/Dennis Tompkins.

This is terrible. Not his style at all!! Makes me think about outfits for look a like ....

In Michael Bush book he posted TWYMMF and BOW shirts. MJ wore both. IJCSLY jacket too [MJ wears it during I'll Be There] in the film.

In Michael Bush book he posted TWYMMF and BOW shirts. MJ wore both. IJCSLY jacket too [MJ wears it during I'll Be There] in the film.

So he was actually making backups because MJ didn't like them lol?

I find the Dangerous outfit pretty cool! I think MJ would have looked great in that.

These are godawful. MJ's random rehearsals clothes looked better than these expensive, custom-designed outfits.

Yeah, the only one I thought looked any good was the Billie Jean one. I think that would have been amazing to see live.

These are godawful. MJ's random rehearsals clothes looked better than these expensive, custom-designed outfits.

This costume was my favourite one. Simple, cool and stylish.
michael_jackson_-_reproducao.jpg

After seeing those awful Zaldy costumes, I think people owe the gold Dangerous Tour costume an apology

Last edited:
Shoulders from opening costume was removable, I think MJ would remove it after he go out from "Light Man".
Can't imagine him dancing with this huuuuge shoulders??

Great post ??!

Exactly. Don't know why people make such a big deal over the shoulders.

Victory Tour Opening: Removes glasses and throws them away
Bad Tour Opening: Removes glasses and throws them away
Dangerous Tour Opening: Removes glasses and throws them away
History Tour Opening: Removes helmet and breastplate and throws them away

This Is It Tour Opening: Removes the removable shoulders and throws them away. (I think there were also glasses made for the light man costume)

Do we have a source for these shoulders being removable?

MJ himself hated Zaldy's designs and got Michael Bush to make costumes instead. They were all terrible.

Zaldy is pretty good.. Good for RUPAUL, Not Michael!
Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

I'm sensing a slight tinge of homophobia in your comment. I mean yeah,a good chunk of the Zaldy costumes were a bit too much for Michael and his stature at the time and I can see the costumes made being switched out,with the exception of a few choice costumes. But to throw RuPaul into a comment trashing Zaldy is quite hysterical lol. Zaldy's costumes would have at least included a small few costumes (i.e. the Light Man outfit,the J5 suit,Thriller jacket,HTW jacket,Billie Jean LED suit,and MITM jacket) but otherwise I think a lot of them would have been discarded in place of the classic Michael Bush outfits. But don't trash something for nothing lol.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

I'm sensing a slight tinge of homophobia in your comment. I mean yeah,a good chunk of the Zaldy costumes were a bit too much for Michael and his stature at the time and I can see the costumes made being switched out,with the exception of a few choice costumes. But to throw RuPaul into a comment trashing Zaldy is quite hysterical lol. Zaldy's costumes would have at least included a small few costumes (i.e. the Light Man outfit,the J5 suit,Thriller jacket,HTW jacket,Billie Jean LED suit,and MITM jacket) but otherwise I think a lot of them would have been discarded in place of the classic Michael Bush outfits. But don't trash something for nothing lol.

None at all.. I am a gay man who likes fashion however with Mike if it's not broke then let's not try and fix it. Zaldy is good for others just not Mike. Maybe I should have worded that a little bit better. However Zaldy makes RuPaul look amazing however.. Just not Michael, When Mike is "Simple" also Zaldy makes all of RuPauls runway looks for many years that's why I put RuPaul in this comment.

MJ wanted Michael Bush to work also on the This Is It outfits, not because he disliked Zaldy's outfits, but because of his faithfulness to Bush.

MJ was very faithful to Bush (because he designed so many outfits for him over the previous years, both on-stage but also off-stage), so he did not want to leave Bush out of that project (This Is It outfits).

“… It turns out that Michael had been advised to take more of a fashion look with his presentation, and he had asked to see designs from some really big names… When he got my package, they called me right away and said that Michael was jumping up and down screaming, saying ‘I’ve always wanted to do this! I’ve always wanted to do this!’... They asked me to come to L.A. the next day to meet Michael and told me they wanted me to do the entire show. In the end, because Michael is so faithful, he did ask Michael Bush to work on a few of the outfits as well… So, that’s what my approach was - referencing what we knew, but bringing more technology and new techniques that Michael had never used before...” (Zaldy)

During those shows, MJ clearly wanted to make a new fashion statement (with some of those Zaldy’s rather extreme outfits). It was a decision that MJ & his camp took unanimously.

mj_frenzy;4228319 said:
MJ wanted Michael Bush to work also on the This Is It outfits, not because he disliked Zaldy's outfits, but because of his faithfulness to Bush.

MJ was very faithful to Bush (because he designed so many outfits for him over the previous years, both on-stage but also off-stage), so he did not want to leave Bush out of that project (This Is It outfits).

“… It turns out that Michael had been advised to take more of a fashion look with his presentation, and he had asked to see designs from some really big names… When he got my package, they called me right away and said that Michael was jumping up and down screaming, saying ‘I’ve always wanted to do this! I’ve always wanted to do this!’... They asked me to come to L.A. the next day to meet Michael and told me they wanted me to do the entire show. In the end, because Michael is so faithful, he did ask Michael Bush to work on a few of the outfits as well… So, that’s what my approach was - referencing what we knew, but bringing more technology and new techniques that Michael had never used before...” (Zaldy)

During those shows, MJ clearly wanted to make a new fashion statement (with some of those Zaldy’s rather extreme outfits). It was a decision that MJ & his camp took unanimously.

Zaldy says MJ likes Zaldy. Travis Payne would've done too as he got a cut for bringing Zaldy into the team. They got into a legal battle and Travis' story probably would change if told today.

Karen Faye, Michael Bush and anyone else says MJ hated Zaldy. This is well known. It's in Bush's book that Michael asked Bush to make the outfits.

mj_frenzy;4228319 said:

Yeah that just sounds like Zaldy trying to come up with a reason and justify why michael went to Michael Bush.

Does anybody have pictures of these shirts?

They are in the movie

So, is the blue TWYMMF shirt from June 23rd the one that was going to be used in the show?
And which BOW shirt do you mean? The white one that MJ is wearing when he explains to Orianthi how to play the solo?

So, is the blue TWYMMF shirt from June 23rd the one that was going to be used in the show?
And which BOW shirt do you mean? The white one that MJ is wearing when he explains to Orianthi how to play the solo?

Yeah apparently to both. They had designs on them but I don't have the book anymore. It had some cool stuff in it from memory.

Back