Votes: 2 7.4%
  • "Why" by 3T

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • "Fly Away" by Rebbie Jackson

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Title says it all! What is the best song that Michael is featured on?

Only songs where Michael is prominently listed as a featured artist count -- simple backing vocals or production credits don't!

I must say I really love "To Satisfy You" since the first time I heard it. Rebbie's version of "Fly Away" is awesome as well. I was never the biggest "Say Say Say"-fan to be honest

1) Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming (Too Good To Be True)- Michael and Jermaine had their issues, but they had incredible chemistry. Their voices just go together very well. This song is very good and I'm glad it was performed at the Victory Tour.

2) To Satisfy You- Love the funk and MJ vocals are heavenly. A shame he never recorded the whole song.

3) Watzupwithu- A really cute song and Michael's parts are so infectious and catchy. I even like the music video lol.

4) The Man- Hands down the best Michael and Paul collaboration. Mike & Paul didn't have the best chemistry but this song is really good and I love the message of the song. A shame that it isn't as well known as their other collaborations.

5) Why- I hate 3T's nasally vocals and Michael is obviously the highlight of the song. A shame he gave this song away to 3T as I wouldn't have mind seeing this song on HIStory.

6) Someday Watching Me- Like above, I hate the vocals of Rockwell. He is such a bad singer. Michael's part though is heavenly. One of his best vocal performances imo. A shame he isn't credited on the song, as SME reached the top 10 and Michael doesn't get the credit for it, even though it only went to top 10 because of him.

7) Say Say Say- An extremely overrated song. Nothing more needs to be said.

Never heard I'm in Love Again or Rebbie's version of Fly Away, so can't rank them.

Scream because it's iconic and it was Michael and Janet teaming up in Michael's darkest hour with Janet supporting her big brother. Plus Janet still slays the song on tour (although I wish they would have performed it together once before he died).
giphy.gif

Great thread dude! I always wonder why people want Michael on their song because he will inevitably out shine you. I have 4 stand outs, if I were pushed to pick one I would say Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming

Say Say Say, a cool song if not trapped in the 80's love hearing two of my hero's on the same song. I love the harmonies on the word baby. The video was cool

Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming, great song Mike and Jermaine sound awesome together. I always feel bad for Jermaine though because Michael steals the show, his vocals are so rich and captivating on that song.
I wish Mike and Stevie had done this for the Bad album instead of Just Good Friends, that would have been one of the greatest duet's in history

Get It, two of the greatest artists in history battling it out for a woman's affection, does it get any better? Love it, the adlibs are a highlight, the rawness of Mike's vocals are cool (they sound very James Brown) the funky Stevie Production lends itself to Mike's vocals perfectly on this

Why, a smooth RnB track, 3T harmonise well on this and it was a big hit, the video was nice as well. I do wish Michael would have done more soulful RnB in the 90's because he was so good at it and the tone of voice suits it so well. Probably Why, Tease Me and Anything are their best tracks
I always hoped there would be a solo demo of this track but I doubt it, I'll just have to wait for his version of Joy to be released

on some of these options, Michael is a duet partner, and not a featured artist. for this reason (and just because I love it!) I chose 'somebody's watching me'. Michael literally sings 7 words, and yet he is so identifiable with the song (poor Rockwell!). being uncredited as a mystery vocalist was one of the worst kept secrets in Hollywood, ha!

Even though Michael has really small part in Diana Ross' "eaten alive" this is probably one of my favourite. I wish it was only him there.

Honourable mention to 'I need you' with 3T - They sound like a credible boyband throughout the song, then at the end, Michael comes in and you realise he is from a different planet.

You should have included Save me, Don't let a woman make a fool out of you and Get it.

For me it's between Say Say Say and Why. I voted on Why though. I adore that song and that chorus.

"Don't let a woman make a fool out of you" would get my vote if it was there. Nice laid back reggae vibe catchy MJ sung chorus

Back