Estate, Cascio and Porte Sued Over Three Songs on the "Michael" Album - Vera Senova Class Action

Pentum

Dark Lady H2O
Estate, Cascio and Porte Sued Over Three Songs on the "Michael" Album - Vera Senova Class Action

Sued for:

Violations of the consumers legal remedies act
Unfair competition
Fraud

Michael Jackson -- Fan Sues Estate ... I Don't Hear Enough MJ on His Disc

One irate Michael Jackson fan is suing his Estate because she thinks MJ was not the lead singer on 3 of his songs on the 2010 CD, "Michael" ... the first release after his death. The woman filed the suit today in L.A. claiming she bought the disc in 2011, but didn't hear enough Michael on 3 particular tracks. In the suit she claims she hired an audio expert to analyze her CD and he determined it was very likely that MJ did not sing lead vocals on "Breaking News" ... "Monster" ... and "Keep Your Head Up." The woman wants this to be a class action -- meaning if the allegation is true the Estate would owe money to everyone who bought the full album, or any of the 3 tracks in question. The Estate's lawyer, Howard Weitzman, has previously said Michael did provide lead vocals for all the tracks on the album.

Source: TMZ

The expert who did the analysis:

?Dr. Papcun is a scientist who analyzes sounds, especially the sounds of speech, with regard to their forensic implications. He has been employed by Los Alamos National Laboratory, The Aerospace Corporation and the University of California Phonetics Laboratory. He has served as an expert witness in the United States, Canada and Australia. He has held security clearances at the Secret, Top Secret and Q levels. He has completed projects for the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency and the United States Secret Service. He will consider other challenging assignments.

Dr. Papcun's expertise includes analysis of recordings, enhancing the intelligibility of recordings, determining whether recordings have been altered, speaker identification, memory for voices, voice lineups, using voice to determine speaker veracity and voice morphing.

Source: http://soundevidence.com/

Case files:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/229471634/MJ-Fan-vs-Sony-MJ-Estate-Cascio-Porte

From file:

Ms. Serova later learned several facts suggesting that Michael Jackson did not perform lead vocals on the Cascio tracks. When it became apparent that defendants would not offer further explanation or evidence regarding the authenticity of the Cascio trakcs, Serova engaged independent audio expert Doctor George Papcun to asses whether Jackson had actually performed the lead vocals on the Cascio tracks. After a comprehensive assessment, Dr. Papcun prepared a report and concluded that it was very likely that Michael Jackson did not sing the lead vocals on the Cascio trakcs. Counsel subsequently had Dr. Papcun's expert report peer reviewed by another well-credentialed independent audio expert who concluded that Dr. Papcun's methodologies and conclusions were reasonable.

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

Just in time to add to MJ fans' stellar reputation. What about returning the damn CD and asked for your money back...THREE YEARS AGO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

Just in time to add to MJ fans' stellar reputation. What about returning the damn CD and asked for your money back...THREE YEARS AGO.

This is about more than just getting some dollars back, and you know that,

Your post is disgraceful. Whenever this issue was discussed the (imo incredibly weak) argument of "well if you are so sure of yourself why don't you take it to court?" was always mentioned. But of course now that someone is actually doing this, she's called a loon and an imbecile.

I think it is a very brave step by this fan. I salute her!

I have also said why no one brings it in court (and I think that was not a weak argument), instead of collecting money for books or wining in blogs. So I think that's a good step and the matter can be resolved.
So now we can all waiting for the results.

I have also said why no one brings it in court (and I think that was not a weak argument), instead of collecting money for books or wining in blogs. So I think that's a good step and the matter can be resolved.
So now we can all waiting for the results.
It's weak when that's the only response given in a discussion about the authenticity of the track where the other side presents arguments concerning MJ's voice, the debunked 'explanations' Eddie & co gave, the lack of proof given by the Estate, the contradictions, etc. It's a fair point in and of itself, but very weak as a sole counter-argument in that discussion.

I think people who say that completely ignore what something like this entails. You have to find legal counsel that is willing to take up the case, you need to have enough information about the situation to present a case, you need to have something that will give you a reasonable chance in court, etc. The expert analysis this fan had conducted is very useful (and, even though we do not know the details yet, it already holds more weight than the Estate's supposed analysis, simply because the court documents list the name of the expert who analyzed it). But all these things cost money and time. Then there's the stress of going up against a big company that surrounds all of this... No matter how much they care about Michael, people have lives to lead and bills to pay. That's why I really respect this fan for doing this. It's obviously not about making a quick buck at all.

any true MJ fan knew this all along anyways

^Whoops, I actually didn't mean to thank your post, but wanted to reply to it.

I think even in a hypothetical situation where all fans agreed that it is not MJ (which clearly not every fan does) it is still important that this is established in a court of law. Until either that, or a confession by one of the people involved, happens, these tracks will remain a part of MJ's official discography. Which is an absolute disgrace.

Amazing. Finally! This made my day. Please Pentum, Damien Shields, Stella and others who have all the necessary evidences, please provide them to the fan who is suing.

I'm actually glad, hopefully it will finally put this all to rest. Sony and Branca (not McLain) are also named.

Branca (not McLain) are also named.

That's interesting. Branca is being sued at his executor capacity (not personally), McClain should also be sued in that capacity.

Haha. This is hilarious (and long overdue).

I hope she wins.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this. Let it go already

This is about more than just getting some dollars back, and you know that, imbecile.

And you will see how "great publicity" it will become,especially at that time (June 13 and also 5 years after his death)for Michael Jackson's fans. I can bet right now that the action is taken by one of the media outlet (in disguise of course) for the story. It's really not expensive at all for the media to do it (when they used to pay hundred thousand of dollars for the stories). To tell the true I really don't mind the lawsuit (because it would be a good opportunity to find the truth. I just mind the time for that kind controversy if Eddie Cascio will be able to prove that it is Michael on the tapes. Of course it would show the delusion of Michael's fans. But before the court day the media will have a lot of fan with speculating about the subject. Most of fans who can not understand why Cascio didn't show any proof before should just to look closer into the ways this family live. Except Frank no other Cascio wrote the book about Michael's day to day living and definitely parents and especially Connie Cascio would have a lot more to say (since she was the one who assisted with Blanket first day in this world) because they remember more. This family (except Frank) just don't like any publicity and they try to avoid it like a fire IMO. Anyway we will see how it develop, however I personally worry that it's a publicity stunt. Remember, today is a very good day in history for Michael Jackson but I'm not sure if the media will focus on that. Rather they can focus on this lawsuit as well as Safechack stories. So there is nothing to be happy about. It just not the right time for this lawsuit.

Last edited:

That's interesting. Branca is being sued at his executor capacity (not personally), McClain should also be sued in that capacity.

No, he should not be. He should be called as a witness or his words and actions should be mentioned in the lawsuit/trial.

Frank DiLeo, Roger Friedman & Stuart Brawley, maybe even Frank Cascio (for an accomplice in the crime and the cover-up of truth) should be sued also.

Last edited:

Never ever!

So what are you gonna do if it's actually revealed it is Michael singing on those tracks? It seems to me you have a vendetta against them and even if they're proven to be him you'll still feel the same way

So what are you gonna do if it's actually revealed it is Michael singing on those tracks? It seems to me you have a vendetta against them and even if they're proven to be him you'll still feel the same way

They can't prove it. I deleted those tracks from my computer long time ago. Whatever the result of this will be, it will change nothing for me. I know the truth. What matter is the huge stain in Michael's official discography.

They can't prove it. I deleted those tracks from my computer long time ago. Whatever the result of this will be, it will change nothing for me. I know the truth. What matter is the huge stain in Michael's official discography.

Because of your opinion it's a huge stain?

I'm really worry about you.

I'm really worried about everyone who still thinks Michael is singing on those tracks. They should go their ears checked and question themselves if they are true Michael's fans if they can't recognize his voice.

It's not my opinion. It is the truth. You can have your own opinion about the truth but it is still the truth.

It's not my opinion. It is the truth. You can have your own opinion about the truth but it is still the truth.

The truth according to you. And others who hold the same opinion you do

The truth according to you. And others who hold the same opinion you do

My opinion is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the truth. I can hear the truth when I listen those 12 songs. Every Michael Jackson fan should hear it.

My opinion is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the truth. I can hear the truth when I listen those 12 songs. Every Michael Jackson fan should hear it.

The only people that know the truth are Michael and the Cascios. People can have their opinions but just because they have an opinion doesn't mean it's the truth. I could be wrong. You could be wrong. That's why it's called an OPINION

The only people that know the truth is Michael and the Cascios. People can have their opinions but just because they have an opinion doesn't mean it's the truth. I could be wrong. You could be wrong. That's why it's called an OPINION

Every true Michael Jackson fan knows the truth. Same goes for stupid false child abuse allegations. MJ fans don't need the trial to know the truth. We know the truth in our hearts.

Would you change your opinion about Michael if these 2 new moron kids win this trial? Or would you still support Michael because you know the truth? I know the truth and no trial, judge or jury can change that. Same goes for Cascio brothers.

And you will see how "great publicity" it will become,especially at that time (June 13 and also 5 years after his death)for Michael Jackson's fans. I can bet right now that the action is taken by one of the media outlet (in disguise of course) for the story. It's really not expensive at all for the media to do it (when they used to pay hundred thousand of dollars for the stories). To tell the true I really don't mind the lawsuit (because it would be a good opportunity to find the truth. I just mind the time for that kind controversy if Eddie Cascio will be able to prove that it is Michael on the tapes. Of course it would show the delusion of Michael's fans. But before the court day the media will have a lot of fan with speculating about the subject. Most of fans who can not understand why Cascio didn't show any proof before should just to look closer into the ways this family live. Except Frank no other Cascio wrote the book about Michael's day to day living and definitely parents and especially Connie Cascio would have a lot more to say (since she was the one who assisted with Blanket first day in this world) because they remember more. This family (except Frank) just don't like any publicity and they try to avoid it like a fire IMO. Anyway we will see how it develop, however I personally worry that it's a publicity stunt. Remember, today is a very good day in history for Michael Jackson but I'm not sure if the media will focus on that. Rather they can focus on this lawsuit as well as Safechack stories. So there is nothing to be happy about. It just not the right time for this lawsuit.

Uhm, neither Eddie or the Estate has ever been able to provide proof that it's Michael on those records. NEVER.

Your whole "anyone who cant understand why Cascios didn't show any proof should look closer to the way the family lives", doesn't really click with me. Like forreal. For one, solely Eddie was involved with this, his brother Frank admitted to working on them with another artist (Porte) for his (Porte) album. Frank admits that they didn't get very far and then he never heard of the songs again until his brother Eddie began working on them for "Michael". The burden of proof has always been with Eddie, Teddy Riley and the Estate, not the Cascio family. They're simply guilty by association. If Eddie feared publicity that much, he wouldn't of faked songs and labeled them as Michael Jackson when they're clearly not. The fact that the Estate ceased to promote these songs completely, after this "scandal" also adds credence to the songs not being Michael. If they were so sure it's Michael singing, than what's the shame? Why would they stop releasing and promoting, these new and final songs that Michael worked on before he passed? They wouldn't, I don't think. As thats what everyone has been clamoring for, the songs Michael last worked on leading up to the day he left us. Those are the money makers, surely the Estate would want to push those songs as much as they can. Yet, this isn't the case with the Cascio songs.

One party has already come out and admitted that he was never comfortable with the songs or the situation, and that was Teddy Riley. We've been discussing this for years, and for years others on this forum have stated, "Well if you feel so strongly about it, take it to court"...Now a fan has finally developed the means to get those songs professionally analyzed, got the results they expected, and has taken it to court. And now this person is an imbecile, and it's all a publicity stunt?

LOLWUT?

Last edited:

Every true Michael Jackson fan knows the truth. Same goes for stupid false child abuse allegations. MJ fans don't need the trial to know the truth. We know the truth in our hearts.

Would you change your opinion about Michael if these 2 new moron kids win this trial? Or would you still support Michael because you know the truth? I know the truth and no trial, judge or jury can change that. Same goes for Cascio brothers.

:lol: Why is it that whenever people's opinions get challenged they get called "fake fans" Is that seriously the best you can come up with?

For the record I don't even have an opinion one way or another on these tracks but I'm sick of people throwing around the label "fake fan" or "non true fan" just because someone has a different opinion to them

Grasping for straws. I'm pretty sure you're aware of the scale of this situation. The simple fact is, 12 songs were created and credited with being the vocals of THEE Michael Jackson. Onir's right, fans know the truth, and our ears have always told us that it wasn't Michael on these records, well the majority of us anyway.

So yeah, 12 songs being credited to Michael Jackson, despite not being Michael Jackson at all, leaves a pretty huge stain on the industry and Sony Music...As far as the "fake fan" comment, I don't necessarily agree with it, but one has to question how after all this time an apparent long time fan can still hear Michael in these songs.

Back