Michael Jackson 2019 album

jacob6428

Proud Member
Get creative and come up with an album of unreleased material and post it below.
It can include cover art, demos and remixes, whatever you would want in the ideal MJ 2019 album.

I would have an original disk and remix disk just like xscape

1. Can't get your weight off of me
2. On my anger
3. Days in Glouchester
4. People of the world
5. Don't Matter to me
6. Throwin' your life away
7. Men in black
8. Family Thing

My wish list would be:
1. Joy
2. Beautiful Girl (he worked on the song after it was released on the Ultimate Collection)
3. Michael McKellar
4. Bottom Of My Heart
5. Destruction
6. Coco Butter
7. Adore You
8. I Love You

"Family Thing" isn't a full song; it's just a chorus, so that wouldn't do much good on an album.

Why are we speculating what songs we want to be released just based on titles? We know nothing about "On My Anger" (assuming it really exists) or "I Love You More" or "Coco Butter," so saying they're on our wish lists just seems... odd.

Estate already said they're gonna release singles only from now on.

Although “Michael” and compilations such as “Immortal” and last year’s Halloween-themed “Scream” were coolly received, 2014’s “Xscape” re-energized excitement over Jackson’s vault. “Xscape” — which saw producers like Timbaland and Rodney Jerkins craft new tracks built around decades-old, unreleased Jackson vocals — yielded “Love Never Felt So Good,” Jackson’s first platinum hit in two decades. Then earlier this year Drake used an unreleased Jackson vocal on his latest album, “Scorpion.” The track came from a 1983 session Jackson did with collaborator Paul Anka, who floated the track to a number of artists, including Tyga, before Drake heard the vocal, which was just a demo of the singer doing a quick take.

“Drake was so passionate about it,” Branca said. “It was like how could we not do this one? It fit so well.” Although the record is a top 10 hit, Sony and the estate aren’t clamoring to milk Jackson’s unheard vocals. A collaboration similar to the Drake feature is unlikely to happen again, they say, and there are no immediate plans for a posthumous album.

Although the record is a top 10 hit, Sony and the estate aren’t clamoring to milk Jackson’s unheard vocals. A collaboration similar to the Drake feature is unlikely to happen again, they say, and there are no immediate plans for a posthumous album. However, that’s not to say fans won’t be hearing any “new” music from Jackson soon, as the other co-executor of the estate, John McClain, is reworking a batch of tracks alongside a high-profile producer the estate wants to keep secret for a one-off release.

“We’re constantly scouring the catalog for ideas, but there are no plans at the moment to put any more full-fledged albums out,” said Sony Music Chief Executive Rob Stringer. “We are looking at one-off songs, and in this streaming world that works because it’s a track-based world. There are a few gems out there that we may unearth individually over the next months and years, but we're also very, very careful to make sure the fan base doesn’t feel like they've been asked yet again to buy material they have.”

Jackson’s digital catalog has continued to perform well since his death and shows no signs of fatigue. The week before his birthday, the Recording Industry Assn. of America announced that 21 of Jackson’s songs and three of his albums had earned new gold and platinum certifications.

It’s that robust presence on music streaming services that inspired last year’s “Scream.” Themed around Jackson’s love of the frightful and fantastical, “Scream” packaged the singer’s most haunting music for a compilation that along with the 3-D conversion of his seminal “Thriller” long-form music video and an animated CBS special aimed to position Jackson as a Halloween perennial. The compilation’s performance as a curated playlist on music services informed the label’s decision to favor leveraging Jackson’s back catalog digitally over finding shrewd ways to package music for physical releases. “We are very careful about repacking and extremely cognizant of the fan base that has everything,” Stringer said. “What's interesting with Michael is that not all artists have managed to bridge the gaps from the physical world to the iTunes world to the streaming world, but with Michael that's not the case. His streaming numbers are incredible. “The technology at the moment enables us to do something different and highlight different songs and create concepts that will lead people to a greater understanding of the wider catalog of Michael’s work.”

Got a link to this?
SmoothGangsta;4229307 said:

Although “Michael” and compilations such as “Immortal” and last year’s Halloween-themed “Scream” were coolly received, 2014’s “Xscape” re-energized excitement over Jackson’s vault. “Xscape” — which saw producers like Timbaland and Rodney Jerkins craft new tracks built around decades-old, unreleased Jackson vocals — yielded “Love Never Felt So Good,” Jackson’s first platinum hit in two decades. Then earlier this year Drake used an unreleased Jackson vocal on his latest album, “Scorpion.” The track came from a 1983 session Jackson did with collaborator Paul Anka, who floated the track to a number of artists, including Tyga, before Drake heard the vocal, which was just a demo of the singer doing a quick take.

“Drake was so passionate about it,” Branca said. “It was like how could we not do this one? It fit so well.” Although the record is a top 10 hit, Sony and the estate aren’t clamoring to milk Jackson’s unheard vocals. A collaboration similar to the Drake feature is unlikely to happen again, they say, and there are no immediate plans for a posthumous album.

Although the record is a top 10 hit, Sony and the estate aren’t clamoring to milk Jackson’s unheard vocals. A collaboration similar to the Drake feature is unlikely to happen again, they say, and there are no immediate plans for a posthumous album. However, that’s not to say fans won’t be hearing any “new” music from Jackson soon, as the other co-executor of the estate, John McClain, is reworking a batch of tracks alongside a high-profile producer the estate wants to keep secret for a one-off release.

“We’re constantly scouring the catalog for ideas, but there are no plans at the moment to put any more full-fledged albums out,” said Sony Music Chief Executive Rob Stringer. “We are looking at one-off songs, and in this streaming world that works because it’s a track-based world. There are a few gems out there that we may unearth individually over the next months and years, but we're also very, very careful to make sure the fan base doesn’t feel like they've been asked yet again to buy material they have.”

Jackson’s digital catalog has continued to perform well since his death and shows no signs of fatigue. The week before his birthday, the Recording Industry Assn. of America announced that 21 of Jackson’s songs and three of his albums had earned new gold and platinum certifications.

It’s that robust presence on music streaming services that inspired last year’s “Scream.” Themed around Jackson’s love of the frightful and fantastical, “Scream” packaged the singer’s most haunting music for a compilation that along with the 3-D conversion of his seminal “Thriller” long-form music video and an animated CBS special aimed to position Jackson as a Halloween perennial. The compilation’s performance as a curated playlist on music services informed the label’s decision to favor leveraging Jackson’s back catalog digitally over finding shrewd ways to package music for physical releases. “We are very careful about repacking and extremely cognizant of the fan base that has everything,” Stringer said. “What's interesting with Michael is that not all artists have managed to bridge the gaps from the physical world to the iTunes world to the streaming world, but with Michael that's not the case. His streaming numbers are incredible. “The technology at the moment enables us to do something different and highlight different songs and create concepts that will lead people to a greater understanding of the wider catalog of Michael’s work.”

Sounds very good. Do you have a link to the Original statement?

SmoothGangsta;4229307 said:

Just listening to the Q&A. Branca agreeing HIStory tour doesn't show MJ in best light and won't be releasing it. What a relief.

Also saying no releaseable Triumph or Destiny tour footage...

^^Well, that's great news about History, finally, and devastating news about Triumph. Seems they could spend some money and make that releasable. I wouldn't care if it was pieced from different shows. Probably have to work out a good deal with the brothers. They need to work on Victory too.

Just listening to the Q&A. Branca agreeing HIStory tour doesn't show MJ in best light and won't be releasing it. What a relief.

Also saying no releaseable Triumph or Destiny tour footage...

I don't trust anything he says haha he's outright lied plenty of times before. What one considers releasable is probably subjective.

Last edited:
I would actually prefer History Tour Blu-ray over any Jacksons Tour. I hope that's not true what he said.

Interesting that when asked about unreleased music he said MJ cared about success. MJ isn't here anymore, how about actually respecting his art instead of changing it to make money? I don't mind remixes, but when they're presented as the official version and pushed to the forefront it cheapens MJ as a person and artist imo. He's more a brand now than a person.

^^Well, that's great news about History, finally, and devastating news about Triumph. Seems they could spend some money and make that releasable. I wouldn't care if it was pieced from different shows. Probably have to work out a good deal with the brothers. They need to work on Victory too.

Yeah, thank god they're not gonna release HIStory tour.

And what artists did he list when asked with who he thinks Michael would have eventually like to sing or perform if he still was alive?

Was is Bruno Mars, Usher and Justin Timberlake?

Well... actually i am thankful they won't release HWT yet.
I mean just don't do cinema-stuff with it.

If they release some unseen show on DVD/BD it would be great.
But JUST NOT IN CINEMAS!

So over the past years until now branca said that there is kind of NO releasable material for concerts... only History Tour.
Come on branca..

Ok i would accept this IF THE ESTATE CAN EXPLAIN US WHERE ALL THE HQ/HD SNIPPETS COME FROM. I MEAN THE FOOTAGE ON THE SPIKE LEE DOCUMENTARIES LOOKS GREAT! ENOUGH FOR A BD-RELEASE. THE SOUND? ALSO GREAT.

THEY SHOULD JUST EXPLAIN US WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PROBLEM INSTEAD OF JUST SAYING "NONONO ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH"...

The HIStory Tour in cinemas, or on DVD/BluRay, is not going to make any profits.

Apart from its main drawback (MJ’s heavy lip-sync), there has already been a supersaturation about that tour (from huge, freely available footage).

The Estate knows that hardly anyone would pay for that tour (in cinemas, or, to get a physical official release).

Even the Munich HIStory concert (which was professionally recorded by MJ’s team back then for a possible official release) was eventually rejected by MJ himself for various reasons.

I think they should focus on the ‘Invincible’ era because it offers hundreds of recorded songs (on various stages of completion) which have not seen the light of day yet (according at least to Rodney Jerkins).

Also, the sound of the ‘Invincible’ era is closer to the today’s music & that could attract easier new fans.

mj_frenzy;4229698 said:
The HIStory Tour in cinemas, or on DVD/BluRay, is not going to make any profits.

Apart from its main drawback (MJ’s heavy lip-sync), there has already been a supersaturation about that tour (from huge, freely available footage).

The Estate knows that hardly anyone would pay for that tour (in cinemas, or, to get a physical official release).

Even the Munich HIStory concert (which was professionally recorded by MJ’s team back then for a possible official release) was eventually rejected by MJ himself for various reasons.

I think they should focus on the ‘Invincible’ era because it offers hundreds of recorded songs (on various stages of completion) which have not seen the light of day yet (according at least to Rodney Jerkins).

Also, the sound of the ‘Invincible’ era is closer to the today’s music & that could attract easier new fans.

I think most of those songs would probably just be instrumentals.

Ok i would accept this IF THE ESTATE CAN EXPLAIN US WHERE ALL THE HQ/HD SNIPPETS COME FROM. I MEAN THE FOOTAGE ON THE SPIKE LEE DOCUMENTARIES LOOKS GREAT! ENOUGH FOR A BD-RELEASE. THE SOUND? ALSO GREAT.

And don't you remember the Triumph tour snippets in 'The One' DVD?! They look as good as Bucharest!

I would actually prefer History Tour Blu-ray over any Jacksons Tour. I hope that's not true what he said.

.....Seriously? We already have dozens of history tour concerts. Only 1 full low quality 4 screen VHS from triumph. I'd much rather a Destiny/Triumph release before History.

All they need to do is take the audio from the live album, dub it with whatever HQ footage they have. It still boggles my mind how there is still no Official Jackson's concert material in 2018. I just recently watched New Orleans gig and that era is severely overlooked IMO.
Edit: Questlove gets HQ footage for his birthday meanwhile we're still waiting lol

I don't understand why Branca can't just give honest answers. He constantly spews bullshit lol.

Why? I mean, it's alright if you prefer a History tour over a Jacksons show, but don't we already have like 30 pro concerts from History?

I don't like any of the Jacksons tours. MJ as a performer really starts to shine when they are gone.

^ um.. bad tour, dangerous tour.. highly live

Back