Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Number One Item You Want the Estate to Release (Realistic or Not)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: edits

Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    It seems that they might change them somewhat like what they did with the 1960s Star Trek show by adding new FX to the episodes or releasing a "Director's Cut" for a movie. There's TV series which have been released on DVD that have had songs removed that were in the original broadcast because the artist and/or the publishing company were asking for too much money. The new Thriller that was shown with the Jack Black movie is IMAX 3D. They didn't just put it out like it was and Thriller wasn't shown with the regular version of the movie. The 3D & IMAX elements were the selling point, not just it being restored. People have said that the audio for the music was changed in some places too. It doesn't bother me about FX updates, but some people want things exactly like the originals. I have colorized 3 Stooges shorts.
    I'd be happy if the Estate/Sony would release at least all Bad short films uncut(!) on BD. But I guess this will remain only a dream.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 921 Posts

Default Re: edits

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzball View Post
    I'd be happy if the Estate/Sony would release at least all Bad short films uncut(!) on BD. But I guess this will remain only a dream.
    Whatever is done somebody is not going to be satisfied with it. Let's say they try to re-edit those VHS edited videos in the same way. Can that even be reproduced today? They would probably need to have the original equipment that was used. When music from the 1960s is remastered today, it's generally digital. The original records were mastered as analog, they weren't recorded and mastered as digital or 5.1 surround sound mixes. They were mono in the early 1960s or stereo later on. The music is often changed for modern releases by brickwalling it for MP3 or something. When extra previously unreleased songs or Quincy Jones interviews are added to a reissue or the talking at the beginning of I Just Can't Stop Loving You is removed, isn't that changing the original album?

The other poster said they want 4K versions of the videos because that's what today's audience wants. But today's audience are likely to want modern CGI effects instead of Ray Harryhausen style stop motion effects. Wouldn't they less likely to be impressed with the kind of effects that were around in the 1990s for something like Remember The Time or The Jacksons' 1970s video for Blame It On The Boogie? Some people today say CGI from 5 years ago or even new movies look dated. Look at the movie animation that is popular now. It's not 2D Bugs Bunny style drawings, it's Shrek/Toy Story/Incredibles style. Even the Peanuts/Charlie Brown movie that came out a couple of years ago was done in the modern 3D style. Now Disney are remaking their old movies like Dumbo, Aladdin, Jungle Book, Lion King, etc. as live action. In the 1980s they just re-released the original movies in theaters & home video.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 921 Posts

Default Zapp

I'd like to hear what he was working on with Roger Troutman, because I'm a fan of Zapp

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: The Number One Item You Want the Estate to Release (Realistic or Not)

Has to be one night only the rehearsals. Im sure estate has it. Its another way of putting 2 fingers up to hbo . It would be incredible seeing what Michael was working on at that time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xscape guy 2003 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 Times in 1,807 Posts

Default Re: What is the number 1 thing you want the estate to release? (Realistic or not

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    I'm not really into saying music is a certain genre or really caring to be honest, but 'Childhood' is an absolutely breathtaking piece of music. From the lyrics, to composition, the whole thing is an absolute gem. It's cinematic, it's grand and yet so raw at the same time.

MJ and David Foster made a real fantastic piece of music there.
    To me childhood is one of MJ's greatest songs ever composed. It's unbelievable. Everything you said is true.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: What is the number 1 thing you want the estate to release? (Realistic or not

I want them to release all possible 'HIStory' and 'Invincible' era stuff. As well as all the content that Michael worked on after 'Invincible; finished or not

Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,019 Posts

Default Re: The Number One Item You Want the Estate to Release (Realistic or Not)

An exclusive MJ dating website for fans! lol um apart from that , maybe another dtd type of book? using what we do have left?

It's M & Sonny.

RIP Dearest M. Thank You For My Childhood Memories...& the Magic, my Darling.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

ALL OF THE FOOTAGE FROM THIS IS IT. The MJ community could make fan made videos for every future MJ song release with ease.

We're not just fans, we're apart of a family that was started by Michael Jackson and whose very foundation began with L.O.V.E. Music is an important part of Michael's legacy, but let's not forget that the role of Michael's music has always been bringing people together.