Testing Friends: Jason Malachi songs vs MJ songs vs Casio tracks

Slave To The Rhythm

Proud Member
Hello MJ Fans, I‘d like to test some friends and want to get their opinion on the cascio tracks.
I want to play them some songs by Michael, Jason and the Cascio tracks and after each song they have to say it‘s Michael or Jason.

What songs would you take?

I need some songs that are similar to a Cascio track...

Maybe:

For all Time and Keep Your Head Up?

Hollywood Tonight (Demo Version) vs. Breaking News

??? What do you think? Other examples that I could take?

Best of Joy vs Keep Your Head Up?

Or Keep the Faith vs Keep Your Head Up?

I Imagine it like hearing parts of 10 songs and you have to say which of them are by Mike and which not.

And I want them to hear some songs that are at least a bit similar to compare the voices.

And The MJ songs have to be unreleased demos or songs that are not that famous.

I thought about Demo‘s like „Fall Again“, or songs that I know my friends don‘t know like Butterflies. Maybe the Hollywood tonight demo

And then maybe 2 Cascio tracks and one released by Malachi and maybe one by Marcus J. Williams like The Tides Will Turn

And I would prefer songs by Mike that were recorded after Dangerous because his voice or singing style changed as he got older and the Cascio songs were recorded in 2007 (if they were real). So I definitely can‘t compare them with a Thriller Michael Jackson song

Here‘s a list of songs that I thought of:

- Hollywood Tonight Demo
- Breaking News
- Butterflies
- The Tides Will Turn (by Marcus J. Williams or Marc)
- Fall Again
- Keep Your Head Up
- Hold My Hand (MJ Part)
- Speechless
- Water (Cascio)

What would you change? What songs would you add and which ones would you leave out? What about the song order?

lol, that's the whole point. If slavetotherhythm's friends have the same reaction as you when hearing the tracks it would be quite conclusive. :D

how do you know how i reacted on those when i first heard them? thats 10 years ago.

how do you know how i reacted on those when i first heard them? thats 10 years ago.

I don't. I was saying to wait and see how your friends react to them, I never talked about how you reacted. ;)

haven‘t shown them yet. We were busy with university. Guess we‘ll do it next week. You can still suggest songs that they can hear to compare the voices

I didn't read about what songs are fake but when I listened to "Michael" I immediately guessed which ones were disputed.

Anyway definitely pick unknown songs for example "in our small way" no just kidding :p

2000 watts is an interesting choice I'd say and you are my life.

Back