Thread: Missed Opportunities

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Missed opportunity's

A Christmas album - I know people will be quick to point out the J5 one, but it would've been amazing if he did one as an adult solo artist.

I will also agree that there are many songs of his that I wish were done live. Closest we can get now are fan-made versions, which I'm grateful for.

Had he lived to see it, it would've been cool if Sega brought him in to compose a song or two for Sonic Generations. They brought back nearly every composer who worked on past Sonic games for that one, so I think it would've been neat if that had happened. Not just to hear new music but also as a confirmation of him having kinda worked on Sonic 3 years prior.
    "Let's not be alone again. Will you be my partner? I hear a dance starting up. Come."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 876 Posts

Default Re: Missed opportunity's

Quote Originally Posted by flamyyy View Post
    This thread is already making me angry and sad!
    YES.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterygirl7 View Post
    Me too...... I'm not gonna comment on what people write here...... perhaps the word "ungrateful" comes to mind....
    Double yes.

I always placed my faith and trust in Michael and assumed that he made his choices and decisions for a reason. I never presumed that I knew better than he did, about "killer number ones" and so forth.....and I still don't presume this. I didn't live his life....I didn't have to deal with his problems and issues and whenever something didn't happen, although I might have been a little disappointed, I always understood that it was for a reason and not just on a whim.

The main thing I miss is HIM. I wish that he had lived to perform the 50 TII shows and then had gone on to embrace all of the wonderful opportunities that would have opened up for him, afterwards.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 654 Posts

Default Re: Missed Opportunities

Cool thread dude, this style thread is nice to see what could have been
    Totally agree with you MJ and Slash should have performed Give In To Me Live at least once.

I'm satisfied with nearly all of MJ's decisions in his career, he definitely knew best.
    With that said, I would make little changes, add Who Is It, Remember The Time and Give In To Me to the Dangerous tour, Tape the HBO special, more live singing on the tours and MTV unplugged would have cemented MJ even more as the phenomenal singer he was, (look at what George Michael's has done for his legacy as a singer)

I understand certain decisions though,
    No live performance with Janet for instance, makes the Scream short film even more iconic
    No adult cover albums, makes the next album more special and more excitement
    MJ's motto was less is more, which is true

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Were really most of the above things (that have been mentioned) missed opportunities?

Without getting into trivial details, I will just say that there was a reason why MJ did not do this, or he did not do that, during his career.

I believe the only missed opportunity that rightfully deserved that title was the cancellation of the 1995 HBO Special (because of his unexpected health problems at the time).

Many people were left disappointed by that cancellation.

Especially MJ himself was devastated (as he confessed to Bob Jones) mainly because he let down those fans who traveled from all over the world to New York to see him live.

Also, that HBO Special would have boosted his career during a very critical point for him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,768 Times in 1,566 Posts

Not touring America in early 1993 was a mistake. MJ was on top of the world at that point. AMA's, he reinvented the Super Bowl HT show, Oprah etc etc. If he toured America with the same energy and show that ruled the world in 1992, it would be a different story. Who knows how far his star would've risen. Definitely an opportunity to capitalise on that hype.

One Night Only would've been incredible, although I feel most fans would complain he didn't sing every song live and it would be looked at similar to the HIStory Tour. But boy, was that an exciting time to be a fan. The adverts were so cool!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    Not touring America in early 1993 was a mistake. MJ was on top of the world at that point. AMA's, he reinvented the Super Bowl HT show, Oprah etc etc. If he toured America with the same energy and show that ruled the world in 1992, it would be a different story. Who knows how far his star would've risen. Definitely an opportunity to capitalise on that hype.

One Night Only would've been incredible, although I feel most fans would complain he didn't sing every song live and it would be looked at similar to the HIStory Tour. But boy, was that an exciting time to be a fan. The adverts were so cool!!
    As I know, after the Super Bowl he had balloon under scalp, then removed it in the summer
    King of performing. No one will be like MJ.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 1nn5 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 1,859 Posts

I think Moonwalker was a missed opportunity. This goes hand in hand with what I really want to talk about that is acting. I really wish Michael honed and perfected his acting skills (took classes and what not) and really gave it a try. Watching the Variety Show, The Wiz and his short films MJ really had the potential to be a serious actor and a damn good movie producer and director on top of that. I believe MJ had so much to give when it came to movies. He was such a natural in front of the camera with a lot of charisma. I think he would excel taking on roles as a method actor.

Moonwalker I feel is such a missed opportunity.. Don't get me wrong, I love moonwalker, but he could have done so much more with that and made a movie 2 hour movie with a real plot and real characters with himself as the leading role. On top of that he could have recorded/produced a soundtrack for that movie. I know, that would have been hard considering the tour and everything.
    Last edited by Themidwestcowboy; 22-10-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I thought the HBO show was never rescheduled because Michael wasn't happy with the show, the reinvented routines for songs that Michael felt weren't as good as the original routines with the exception of the clock work orange slant added to Dangerous, if Michael had have set dates Dangerous tour dates for the USA it would have been amazing but we know the devil was at work that year and the dates wouldn't have been played due to what happened.
    Long Live The King

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 1,859 Posts

The allegations put a stop to all that.. MJ had big plans for 1993.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    Makes sense why he never toured in the U.S after that...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Robbsaber01 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,385 Posts

Can ya blame the man for not wanting to tour the USA ,THEY TREATED HIM LIKE DIRT THERE!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 8701girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    Makes sense why he never toured in the U.S after that...
    MJ never planned to tour in US during the Dangerous Tour (not before, not after the allegations).

His main goal at the time was to increase the sales of the ‘Dangerous’ album (apart from expanding even more his international success as an artist).

He knew that if he toured in US, the technically smaller US arenas would not really have boosted the sales of that album.

So, instead of touring in US, he decided to perform on the Super Bowl Halftime (because he mainly wanted people to see him through TV in countries that he never performed before), but also to appear on Oprah Winfrey’s Special.

MJ eventually did the right thing because the ‘Dangerous’ album climbed significantly on the Pop albums charts (along with the increase of its sales), but also he increased more his international success after those two appearances (the subsequent Dangerous Tour Asian performances helped, too).

Not touring in US at that time was not seen as a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus7 View Post
    I thought the HBO show was never rescheduled because Michael wasn't happy with the show, the reinvented routines for songs that Michael felt weren't as good as the original routines with the exception of the clock work orange slant added to Dangerous, if Michael had have set dates Dangerous tour dates for the USA it would have been amazing but we know the devil was at work that year and the dates wouldn't have been played due to what happened.
    MJ did not re-schedule the HBO ‘One Night Only’ performance because he had other, more important projects under way (shooting new music videos for the ‘HIStory’ album, preparing for an upcoming giant world tour, among others).

By the way, a little bird told me that people who run MJ’s Estate do not know where the tape of those HBO rehearsals is located.

This, of course, is really sad for his fans because it makes the chances of watching that footage even slimmer.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8701girl View Post
    Can ya blame the man for not wanting to tour the USA ,THEY TREATED HIM LIKE DIRT THERE!
    I am 100% agreement with your statement. As per my personal opinion US never treated Michael well. (I am not talking about the fans) He was such a asset, they should have protected him. He did what ever possible as a responsible citizen to his country by various charities but what he got in return? Therefore we can not blame him for not touring much in US. But I agree that it was a miss opportunity for him in his career which was beyond his control due to circumstances.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PolkaN For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    MJ never planned to tour in US during the Dangerous Tour (not before, not after the allegations).

His main goal at the time was to increase the sales of the ‘Dangerous’ album (apart from expanding even more his international success as an artist).

He knew that if he toured in US, the technically smaller US arenas would not really have boosted the sales of that album.

So, instead of touring in US, he decided to perform on the Super Bowl Halftime (because he mainly wanted people to see him through TV in countries that he never performed before), but also to appear on Oprah Winfrey’s Special.

MJ eventually did the right thing because the ‘Dangerous’ album climbed significantly on the Pop albums charts (along with the increase of its sales), but also he increased more his international success after those two appearances (the subsequent Dangerous Tour Asian performances helped, too).

MJ did not re-schedule the HBO ‘One Night Only’ performance because he had other, more important projects under way (shooting new music videos for the ‘HIStory’ album, preparing for an upcoming giant world tour, among others).

By the way, a little bird told me that people who run MJ’s Estate do not know where the tape of those HBO rehearsals is located.

This, of course, is really sad for his fans because it makes the chances of watching that footage even slimmer.
    Yes, it seems like it. Those HBO rehearsals were confirmed to be filmed and given to Michael. The whereabouts of these rare footage is still a mystery. I guess it'll be a big discovery if ever it will located...in this lifetime.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to JennieKim For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,768 Times in 1,566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post

LaVelle Smith has the tapes. He's already shared some of it. He's the one behind some of the recent concert leaks.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post: