Your Top 5 Most Underrated Michael Jackson Songs

Smartone203

Proud Member
They don't have to be in order, but I'd like everyone's. Doesn't matter if the song even made the Top 10. Underrated should mean a song that you feel just never got the recognition it deserved. Here are mine...

Cry
Stranger in Moscow
Baby Be Mine
You Rock My World
In the Closet

I have seen many people list Stranger In Moscow as one of their favorite songs so I don't think it is underrated.

I have seen many people list Stranger In Moscow as one of their favorite songs so I don't think it is underrated.

It is basically the definition of underrated. Maybe from legitimate MJ fans you've heard it being their favorite song, sure, but ask any semi casual fan or any ordinary person on the street. Nobody will know the song "Stranger in Moscow". That's what underrated really is all about. It hardly got any recognition at all in it's original release. Made it to only #91 on the Billboard 100. If I had to choose a #1 for most underrated on my list it would probably go to this song.

Based on the general public, and not MJ fans like us, this is what I would consider Michael's top 5 underrated songs.

1. Whatever Happens
2. Stranger In Moscow
3. Butterflies
4. Keep The Faith
5. I Can't Help It

It is basically the definition of underrated. Maybe from legitimate MJ fans you've heard it being their favorite song, sure, but ask any semi casual fan or any ordinary person on the street. Nobody will know the song "Stranger in Moscow". That's what underrated really is all about. It hardly got any recognition at all in it's original release. Made it to only #91 on the Billboard 100. If I had to choose a #1 for most underrated on my list it would probably go to this song.

Stranger In Moscow was a worldwide success. It only bombed in the US (due to a lack of promotion, but I digress).

Underrated within the fanbase
1) It’s The Falling In Love
2) Cry
3) This Is It
4) Can’t Let Her Get Away
5) Little Susie

Underrated by the public
1) Will You Be There
2) Who Is It
3) Tabloid Junkie
4) Ghosts
5) Speechless

Basically most of his post 80s songs are underrated/not well known by the general public.

most overrated song is billie jean and you are not alone

In terms of both public and fanbase in no particular order

Liberian Girl
Tabloid Junkie
Will You Be There
I Can't Help It
Whatever Happens
Stranger In Moscow (bonus) the general public

I picked these songs in particular because I don't think they receive enough acknowledgement from the fandom and even less so from the public.
I've picked these songs, because they all show different sides to Mike, joy, sorrow, anger, love and loneliness
Some show him of as a phenomenal songwriter he was but all showcase the tremendous singer that he was and cement him for as the greatest artist in history

Unbreakable
Who Is It
Ghosts
Stranger In Moscow

J5 / Jacksons

Any song from The Jacksons era other than these:

Shake Your Body
Heartbreak Hotel
Can You Feel It
Dancing Machine
I Want You Back
I'll Be There
Ben

There are other songs (group & solo) that are popular with R&B fans and are still played on adult R&B or old school R&B radio stations like Good Times, I Wanna Be Where You Are, & The Lady In My Life, but not really with the crossover mainstream audience. Many people (in the USA) think All I Do Is Think Of You was first put out by Troop in the 1980s.

Is It Scary
Speed Demon
Can't Help It
We've Had Enough
For All Time

1. 'Privacy'
2. 'D.S.'
3. 'She Drives Me Wild'
4. 'Can't Let Her Get Away'
5. 'Burn This Disco Out'

Back