Transitional Bad to Dangerous pictures

Dilan

Proud Member
I’ve always been curious to know what the last pictures are of Mj during the Bad Era with his mix raced skin tone to the first appearances of the pale white for The Dangerous era. Does anyone have any pictures of this period of change?

Well it wasnt really like that.. he didnt just go lighter and lighter in public, there were times his makeup made him look lighter vs. Darker.. look at the bad cover and look at how he looked after.. darker! Or behind the scenes on the black or white video compared to the actual video. Pretty different..

It seems like they played with it back and forth when he was on the "transition" period

Michael has his mixed race skin tone till the end of 1991. In the Black or White video, his skin tone was that of a mixed race person. But by early 1992, his skin tone was lighter. The video for Remember The Time that was shot and released in early 1992 perfectly showcases the change in Michael’s skin tone.

And like the poster above said, it’s all about the makeup. During the Bad era, Michael’s makeup was darker, hence why his skin tone was mixed race. But from 1992 onwards, he started using lighter makeup, and that showcased his actual skin tone at that time.

I’ve often wondered about this. He looks the exact same as the Bad era for most of 1991 and then by the time Black or White rolls around he looked very different. I wonder if it was a skin tone thing. I know from Black or White until at least 2005 he looked the same (there’s plenty of great comparison pics).

Just watch the footage in 1990-1991 in Neverland with macaulay culkin.

Remember guys it wasnt just the makeup/vitiligo thing it was also the plastic surgery (please guys dont mad at me for saying that) but its true

Remember guys it wasnt just the makeup/vitiligo thing it was also the plastic surgery (please guys dont mad at me for saying that) but its true

he's talking about skin color, plastic surgery have an effect on the skin ?

dam2040;4235368 said:
I know from Black or White until at least 2005 he looked the same (there’s plenty of great comparison pics).

Nope. I'd give you from Black or White until early 1997. But that's it.

Idk what people are talking about within the dangerous era alone his skin tone changed.. by 1993 we never saw a darker shade while 1991 we would see moments that hed look 'tanner'.. no 93 and on shades of darker!

Look at the tours. From bad first leg to the end of the second leg
. Beginning of dangerous tour to end..

dam2040;4235368 said:
I’ve often wondered about this. He looks the exact same as the Bad era for most of 1991 and then by the time Black or White rolls around he looked very different. I wonder if it was a skin tone thing. I know from Black or White until at least 2005 he looked the same (there’s plenty of great comparison pics).

In my opinion it was only skin tone that created a perception of great change.

It makes me sad to see people still talking about this in 2018, to be honest.

In my opinion it was only skin tone that created a perception of great change.

It makes me sad to see people still talking about this in 2018, to be honest.

Yeah, there's that great pic of Thriller era Mike superimposed over the They Don't Care About Us single cover and they look the same. I've always agreed with MJ about his facial work, the pictures prove it. Sure he had botox, but corrective surgery I don't think he lied about.

203103_1294862768333_500_464.jpg

Dilan;4235352 said:
I’ve always been curious to know what the last pictures are of Mj during the Bad Era with his mix raced skin tone to the first appearances of the pale white for The Dangerous era. Does anyone have any pictures of this period of change?

There is no way to find that out.

Make-ups for creating slightly different skin tones, face creams meant for the same reason, different settings of cameras, different lightings, colour image editing of his photos, are some of the factors that do not let us have a clear perception regarding when exactly his skin colour transition actually took place (from BAD to Dangerous era).

Even his skin colour on the ‘BAD’ album cover is misleading (due to post-shooting, image tone editing), because MJ’s skin colour at the time actually was darker than the one on that cover.

^ not the nicest responce to an honest question..

8701, the amount plastic surgery would effect the skin to is so minimal that no human eye would notice.

What we see with his skin Tone is all vitiligo, makeup, and vitiligo treatment cream that was used..

The things that changed the most in Mike's appearance outside of aging are his inner eye beds, nose, lips and cleft, and a but his eyebrows..

It's not like people say where he looks like a different person but changes were obviously made, some unintentional like his eyes.. I cant confirm this is why but many people that get multiple nose jobs the inner eye beds get effected. The more you pinch your skin inwards towards your nose the wider your eyes get from that inner bed area.. that is what I always though was the cause of his eyes looking slightly more bigger and less of that MJ curve in the lower eye area. Like the dangerous cover..

^ not the nicest responce to an honest question..

8701, the amount plastic surgery would effect the skin to is so minimal that no human eye would notice.

What we see with his skin Tone is all vitiligo, makeup, and vitiligo treatment cream that was used..

The things that changed the most in Mike's appearance outside of aging are his inner eye beds, nose, lips and cleft, and a but his eyebrows..

It's not like people say where he looks like a different person but changes were obviously made, some unintentional like his eyes.. I cant confirm this is why but many people that get multiple nose jobs the inner eye beds get effected. The more you pinch your skin inwards towards your nose the wider your eyes get from that inner bed area.. that is what I always though was the cause of his eyes looking slightly more bigger and less of that MJ curve in the lower eye area. Like the dangerous cover..

Michael didin't shoot for the Dangerous cover, the eyes are based on previous photos of MJ like the Bad cover, Mark Ryden said that.

^ lol I am aware.. that doesnt change what I pointed out. I just gave the album as example of his eyes before they looked slightly different. Probably the most popular image of his eyes

My mum used to fancy Mike like crazy, she always used to say she wished he kept his hair long and curly like in the Bad era, but then she saw In The Closet in 92 and was like that's the most manly and handsome he ever looked. Sorry to go completely off topic

Dilan;4235352 said:

Errrrrr okaaaaaay! Another CRAZY thread on here..... what's the next gonna be?

mysterygirl7;4235586 said:
Errrrrr okaaaaaay! Another CRAZY thread on here..... what's the next gonna be?
I think it’s fair to talk about, its barely talked about on here anymore after his death which is a good thing. But at least there isn’t people saying he bleached his skin because he wanted to be white or that he had EVERYTHING done, I feel comfortable seeing his fans talking about this knowing that they aren’t going to go over the top saying he had literally everything done.

One thing that is rarely mentioned is the make up on his nose. It’s called nose contour and a lot of impersonators actually do it to make their noses look like Michael’s, but he actually did this himself for years which makes his nose look drastically different at times. I also think something happened to his lips from 1998 onwards and his smile was never the same after that, his top teeth never fully showed again but it could be due to Lupus.

I dont think Michael's image should really be that threatening to fans.. we hear it towards our entire life yet we cant habe a loving open discussion amongst ourselves?

I vote yes we can lol

No matter how much work he got done or lack of , it played a huge role in Michael's life. It obviously afflicted him, we should be able to discuss the obvious. Especially when we all come from a place of love.

I have wondered about this too. The change from his Bad era look to Dangerous era look happened very quickly.

Oscars 1991
C5pkgE2WAAAAXgY.jpg

O-21-11-951x1200.jpg

I think it was until 1999. After the HIStory Tour he had lost weight, but the nose still looked the same. It was before the Invincible promo began that he must have underwent another drastic (maybe necessary) nose surgery. It looked a lot shorter in profile from that point on.

Regarding the skin tone...
I think he bleached his face skin sometime early in the Dangerous phase (clearly before the Oprah interview). (The usual procedure when vitiligo has already taken over too many areas of the skin and you're just tired of looking like a cow and using tons of makeup everyday.)

The light in photoshoots and post production of course also made his skin tone appear differently from time to time. But the change from makeup-white to complete pale was still visible.

Just my 2 cents of course. (I'm a fan since 1988).

Last edited:
There is a short video that I can't find at the moment, where he is sitting together with Bruce Swedien on a couch, where they are figuring out fhe final tracklist for Dangerous. This must have been in 1991 and he still had quite dark skin

There is a short video that I can't find at the moment, where he is sitting together with Bruce Swedien on a couch, where they are figuring out fhe final tracklist for Dangerous. This must have been in 1991 and he still had quite dark skin

You are referring to that one:

By the way, has anyone ever seen the full version of it?

I think it was until 1999. After the HIStory Tour he had lost weight, but the nose still looked the same. It was before the Invincible promo began that he must have underwent another drastic (maybe necessary) nose surgery. It looked a lot shorter in profile from that point on.

Regarding the skin tone...
I think he bleached his face skin sometime early in the Dangerous phase (clearly before the Oprah interview). (The usual procedure when vitiligo has already taken over too many areas of the skin and you're just tired of looking like a cow and using tons of makeup everyday.)

The light in photoshoots and post production of course also made his skin tone appear differently from time to time. But the change from makeup-white to complete pale was still visible.

Just my 2 cents of course. (I'm a fan since 1988).

Bleached his skin! and you are a "fan" since 1988 ?
You think Michael bleached his skin in this photo
035.jpg

and this
michael-jackson-vitiligo-image.jpg

have you heard something called cream ?
https://www.umassmed.edu/vitiligo/blog/blog-posts1/2016/01/did-michael-jackson-have-vitiligo/

Skin bleaching is a treatment for vitiligo, and when some fans say that he bleached his skin, they don't mean he "wanted to look white".

Back