werecat or zombie

• werecat

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • zombie

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

83magic

Proud Member
when you think of the 'thriller' film, which transformation immediately comes to mind; the werecat or the zombie? which one do you think was the most memorable or effective? which one looked better visually? which one was the most scary?

I have a few thoughts, but i'd love to hear yours first ;)

That is a cool poll (y) awesome to share :sarmoti

My first thought is the werecat though as I think the transformation is awesome even for in de 80’s and is more plausible than the zombie as I have always fretted that Michael as a zombie is not really the part as his pants are not ripped and worn out and that destroys the illusion for me really.

So I love the werewolf. It’s just Michael in full character and I even prefer the Thriller werewolf above the original one from the movie ‘ American werewolf in London’ as of course Michael is much more cute.

i'm not scared of the werecat transformation. I just find it unpleasant, so I skip it (along with the break in).

the zombie one is great because we don't actually see it. the mind is left to wonder how it happened off screen. also, the constant back and fourth between 'regular' Michael and the zombie during and after the routine, really blurred the lines of fantasy and reality. it was also more original that the werecat - which was taken from 'American werewolf in london'.

it's all about that routine though! :)

I just love the scene where Ola stands there screaming lol I’m like why scream your head off and run?

I would stand there gawking in wonder Wow, can I help you? Are you okay? :laughing: Yes, I have a weird sense of humour ;)

I thought the zombie wasn’t scary enough lol but the werewolf was quite cute and I would love to have a werewolf mask like this one. It looks really neat.

I just love the scene where Ola stands there screaming lol I’m like why scream your head off and run?

Here's a better question. Why would Michael, knowing he's a Werecat take his date out in the middle of nowhere on a full moon night with hardly any gas in the car? And also why would Michael, again knowing he's a Werecat ask Ola to marry him? That marriage would have never worked out. And if you know you're a Werecat, then why would you try to date anyone in the first place. It just would not work.

Here's a better question. Why would Michael, knowing he's a Werecat take his date out in the middle of nowhere on a full moon night with hardly any gas in the car? And also why would Michael, again knowing he's a Werecat ask Ola to marry him? That marriage would have never worked out. And if you know you're a Werecat, then why would you try to date anyone in the first place. It just would not work.

You're over-thinking it, lol.

Maybe he just forgot to go to the gas station because of his date. Werecats have a right to romantic relationships too you know. It would have been difficult but it could have worked. lol

If I could still vote it would be werecat. It's a beautiful monster and far more interesting than the zombie. The whole yellow eyes thing scared me sh:censored:less when I was 3 or 4 years old. As a result, it still does. The full werecat however, fascinated me and sparked a love for werewolf stories and movies ever since. To me it's still the most convincing were-thing transformation I've ever seen. Beats any CGI.

I still want to make a full thriller werecat costume. I'm stuck halfway. I had the Thriller letterman jacket made by a friend who makes costumes for tv and theater productions. It's cashmere wool :bow: and quality leather for the sleeves. Having it made was still a fraction of the cost of the official jacket you can now buy and mine looks more like the real thing :cool:... I have the black loafers and even started at the claws. I should get back to it. What left me puzzled was the werecat mask. I couldn't find anything that came close to it so I probably will have to sculpt it myself, which was what scared me off initially. Now I'm thinking of getting back to it again.

Back