Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 78

Thread: Any news on the This is it project?

   
  1. #1
    Points: 5,509, Level: 47
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    84
    Points
    5,509
    Level
    47
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 38 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Any news on the This is it project?

    Since 2019 will be the 10th anniversary of This is it I was wondering whether anyone has any news on the project and what are your thoughts on a potential re-release? I'm guessing any news will be released closer to the time, e.g over next summer/fall.

  2. #2
    Points: 8,793, Level: 63
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,814
    Points
    8,793
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    2,895
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 704 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    I don't think there's really anything entirely unseen they could release except the dangerous rehearsal.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Points: 8,251, Level: 61
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Doggone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,169
    Points
    8,251
    Level
    61
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 747 Times in 322 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    I don’t think they will release anything tbh...

  5. #4
    Points: 32,639, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    12,851
    Points
    32,639
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 4,764 Times in 2,232 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    There plenty of footage to share.. even if they are afraid the performance quality isnt great. There are those meetings and behind the scene footage that we got glimpses of that they could show more of.. or even sections of performances.

    It doesnt habe to be just like this is it but more a documentary that people speak about it and show mini clips kind of like the special features did



    I just dont know if theyll ever actually do it
    Walk in truth, stand IN JUSTICE https://twitter.com/rasheedKOPV?s=09

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Points: 5,158, Level: 46
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    AmitLal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    117
    Points
    5,158
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 89 Times in 48 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    I personally don’t think there is any unseen performances of songs we didn’t get to see. They would have put these on the DVD/Blu Ray bonus disc if it did exist.

  8. #6
    Points: 8,793, Level: 63
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,814
    Points
    8,793
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    2,895
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 704 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmitLal92 View Post
    I personally don’t think there is any unseen performances of songs we didn’t get to see. They would have put these on the DVD/Blu Ray bonus disc if it did exist.
    Dangerous definitely exists 2.51 in this video https://youtu.be/WO50XZ2aXFc

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Points: 5,509, Level: 47
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    84
    Points
    5,509
    Level
    47
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 38 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    I believe there is about 7 performances that haven't been seen yet: Stranger in Moscow, Rock With You, Dangerous, Dirty Diana, Will You Be There, Heal The World/We Are The World. Also there are the meetings and unedited/extended performances the could reuse later.

  11. #8
    Points: 5,158, Level: 46
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    AmitLal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    117
    Points
    5,158
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 89 Times in 48 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    If those do exist, why weren't they included in the film? I doubt they were fully rehearsed if rehearsed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjawb2009 View Post
    I believe there is about 7 performances that haven't been seen yet: Stranger in Moscow, Rock With You, Dangerous, Dirty Diana, Will You Be There, Heal The World/We Are The World. Also there are the meetings and unedited/extended performances the could reuse later.

  12. #9
    Points: 29,190, Level: 99
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 810
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden (Svergie)
    Posts
    4,759
    Points
    29,190
    Level
    99
    Thanks
    5,920
    Thanked 4,443 Times in 1,777 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmitLal92 View Post
    If those do exist, why weren't they included in the film? I doubt they were fully rehearsed if rehearsed at all.
    Those songs were indeed rehearsed with MJ. in the AEG trial they withheld showing footage because they had plans to release it later, I'm paraphrasing btw.

  13. #10
    Points: 8,793, Level: 63
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,814
    Points
    8,793
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    2,895
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 704 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    Those songs were indeed rehearsed with MJ. in the AEG trial they withheld showing footage because they had plans to release it later, I'm paraphrasing btw.
    Did they specifically say that? I only saw that they said Sony didn't want to provide footage because it had a high value to them.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Points: 5,310, Level: 46
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    wonderouzmj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    567
    Points
    5,310
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 381 Times in 167 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    It doesnt even feel like 10years....

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderouzmj For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Points: 5,509, Level: 47
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    84
    Points
    5,509
    Level
    47
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 38 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    Did they specifically say that? I only saw that they said Sony didn't want to provide footage because it had a high value to them.
    https://www.tmz.com/2011/06/11/micha...ny-subpoenaed/
    The last videos of Michael Jackson were so top secret, they were transported in an unmarked truck, accompanied by armed guards in the dead of the night ... this according to new docs filed in the Conrad Murray manslaughter case.


    You ask what Conrad Murray has to do with MJ videos? Well, Dr. Murray wants to see ALL of the rehearsal videos shot for the doomed "This is It" tour. Murray's lawyers believe it could show Michael was in such a frail condition ... there were many reasons for his death other than Propofol.

    Murray's lawyers subpoenaed the tapes, but now Sony Pictures -- which has possession of the videos -- is objecting for several reasons. Sony claims there are more than 20 boxes of videos and it would cost $200,000 to log and reproduce all of them.

    But in the docs, Sony describes how top secret the videos were to the studio. Sony lawyers say, "When they were transported to the Sony lot in Culver City, the transport in an unmarked truck was accompanied by armed guards in the dead of the night."

    When the tapes were in an editing bay, security guards were posted outside the door and no Internet access was allowed in the room.

    And a Sony honcho also submitted a declaration which says the videos "have a high monetary value inherent in their potential for future uses. Those uses include one or more 'anniversary editions.'"

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mjawb2009 For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Points: 8,016, Level: 60
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    2,714
    Points
    8,016
    Level
    60
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 485 Times in 231 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    Have very little interest in more of this.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    Points: 8,793, Level: 63
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,814
    Points
    8,793
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    2,895
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 704 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjawb2009 View Post
    https://www.tmz.com/2011/06/11/micha...ny-subpoenaed/
    The last videos of Michael Jackson were so top secret, they were transported in an unmarked truck, accompanied by armed guards in the dead of the night ... this according to new docs filed in the Conrad Murray manslaughter case.


    You ask what Conrad Murray has to do with MJ videos? Well, Dr. Murray wants to see ALL of the rehearsal videos shot for the doomed "This is It" tour. Murray's lawyers believe it could show Michael was in such a frail condition ... there were many reasons for his death other than Propofol.

    Murray's lawyers subpoenaed the tapes, but now Sony Pictures -- which has possession of the videos -- is objecting for several reasons. Sony claims there are more than 20 boxes of videos and it would cost $200,000 to log and reproduce all of them.

    But in the docs, Sony describes how top secret the videos were to the studio. Sony lawyers say, "When they were transported to the Sony lot in Culver City, the transport in an unmarked truck was accompanied by armed guards in the dead of the night."

    When the tapes were in an editing bay, security guards were posted outside the door and no Internet access was allowed in the room.

    And a Sony honcho also submitted a declaration which says the videos "have a high monetary value inherent in their potential for future uses. Those uses include one or more 'anniversary editions.'"
    So yeah what I just said haha, I was just wondering if there was anything more detailed in the courts that proved those songs were rehearsed. Thanks for the link, though!
    Last edited by SmoothGangsta; 30-12-2018 at 08:34 PM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    Points: 5,509, Level: 47
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    84
    Points
    5,509
    Level
    47
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 38 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Re: Any news on the This is it project?

    I hope if there is a new release that it is kept real to the time and the vocals are kept true, if possible.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •