Page 1032 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 32532932982102210301031103210331034 ... LastLast
Results 15,466 to 15,480 of 15613

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,350 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Don't remind me of those glorified brides of devil bes, including that moron Rose McGowan.
    i feel sorry for rose mcgowan i dont think shes behind of hating on mj

Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 869 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by 8701girl View Post
    i feel sorry for rose mcgowan i dont think shes behind of hating on mj
    You can feel sorry for her, but I refuse to, it's either her own hatred or her mind is being poisoned.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

You can feel sorry for her, but I refuse to, it's either her own hatred or her mind is being poisoned.
    I'm going to have to go and read what's going on with this rose woman, just so I'm in the loop. Read the first few lines and yes she's an idiot

“Why on Earth would anybody want to come out and expose themselves to so much hate if they weren’t trying to regain some control in their own life? Control that has been robbed and stolen?” she said, wtf is this statement about, does she actually know how much these two idiots are trying to sue the estate for, if I stood to gain that amount of money by making up a pack of lies then yes I would take the abuse, its just thankful that I don't lie and certainly wouldn't make up crap like that. this sort of stuff makes my blood boil, it really does
    Last edited by Alh21; 11-09-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 481 Posts

Big old hypocrite who defended an abuser in the past. Some people like the attention.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,425 Times in 3,827 Posts

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,009 Times in 1,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alh21 View Post
    I'm going to have to go and read what's going on with this rose woman, just so I'm in the loop. Read the first few lines and yes she's an idiot

“Why on Earth would anybody want to come out and expose themselves to so much hate if they weren’t trying to regain some control in their own life? Control that has been robbed and stolen?” she said, wtf is this statement about, does she actually know how much these two idiots are trying to sue the estate for, if I stood to gain that amount of money by making up a pack of lies then yes I would take the abuse, its just thankful that I don't lie and certainly wouldn't make up crap like that. this sort of stuff makes my blood boil, it really does
    If she made this statement, Rose is stupid. When it comes to MONEY, Nothing should NOT be put pass a person. I would ask Rose "Why on EARTH would someone get a gun and go robbed someone even killing a person for over $300 and know it will get him/her LIfe in prison? People KILL for a couple of bucks let alone LYING to hope to get MILLIONS. "Why would someone KILL a love one to get MONEY from an insurance policy? I bet she would not have an answer because she is judging someone on what she will/will not do; well Ms Rose, everyone is NOT like YOU.
    Mike's PYT

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Just to clarify my battle/war comment. I understand Michael hasn't been wiped out, but this incident has significantly tarnished his legacy...perhaps beyond repair.

Michael's music is still largely off the airwaves where I live. The music TV channels won't dare touch him. The Finland exhibition is greeting people with a disclaimer and the sponsors won't go near. These are big problems. It might not be an issue in your territory, but it's happening in other places.

Time may go some way to fixing that, but we don't know.

I will let you guys know of my experience. I was at a wedding this past weekend. It was in Canada in a white small town area. The guests were mostly white, some other races thrown into the mix. At this wedding I heard FOUR Michael Jackson songs (Billie Jean, Thriller, Don't Stop, and I Want You Back). The dance floor was PACKED for all of these songs, when Thriller came on the crowd actually cheered. I asked the DJ about the controversy and asked if it has affected MJ's music at weddings. His answer was: not at all! He said MJ gets played at about 80% of all weddings he does and people still request it. He hasn't had a single complaint so far. So no, Michael Jackson is certainly not cancelled at all!

When I got back from from the wedding my sister sent me a video of her in a big department store here, there were DOZENS of stuffed animal ghosts on the shelf that sing Thriller when you push a button on them. Everyone in the store was dancing to them, and smiling.

Finally, in the car driving home I heard TWO MJ songs on the radio.

Moral of the story..... while Leaving Neverland may have taken the wind out of the sails in some parts of the world, Michael Jackson remains a dominant force in music. The general public simply doesn't care. The media and the METOO crowd (a very vocal but small crowd) loves to make it seem way worse. But the reality is that most people still love listening to Michael Jackson and his music is still everywhere.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to travis3000 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

https://amp.www.complex.com/music/20...t-97-interview

Akon on Michael Jackson Allegations: ‘If Michael Was a Creep, I’m Not Going to Sit Here and Defend Him’

Akon stopped by for an interview on Hot 97's Ebro in the Morning to discuss his future plans, entrepreneurship, and his relationship to some of his biggest collaborators. During the chat, he revealed that he hasn't spoken with Lady Gaga in a number of years, and that he has four new albums with a disparate flavor on the way. At the 12:30 moment of the interview onwards, he detailed his relationship with the late Michael Jackson.
    He joked about hanging up on MJ upon getting on the phone with him for the first time and what it was like meeting face-to-face, but he also addressed how he personally felt following the release of HBO's Leaving Neverland documentary. "That's kind of hard to swallow because me knowing him and knowing a lot of the backstories of it... It's crazy how cruel corporations can be," he said at the 15:40 point of the interview when asked about the shift in MJ's public image over the last year.

"Mike was one of the most powerful men in the music business," he continued. From there he explained how he thinks Jackson was taken advantage of himself numerous times throughout his career, with a number of big players in the industry attempting to "push him out." When asked about the "flaw" of him being too close to a number of children, Akon replied, "But it weren't even a flaw, that was all humantiarian and just him having a love for kids period."

He said, "He had a theme park in his backyard that's for children, but it was more so for himself because he never had a childhood himself." Throughout his childhood, MJ was pressured by both the industry and his father Joe Jackson, who was also his manager, to be the biggest pop star in the world. "I don't know if it was abusive," Akon said when the topic of MJ facing so much scrutinity as a child star is brought up. "It was preparation for who he was supposed to become."

As for whether he believes the allegations against MJ, Akon responded at 18:28, "I'm a realist, if Mike was a creep or he was a pedophile or something like that... I'm not gonna sit here and defend him. I must tell you straight up, 'Yo bruh that dude right there, I can't rock with him.'" He continued, "It's no different from R. Kelly. I know R. Kelly but when I found that's what it was, I would tell him to his face, 'Bro, you ****ed up for that shit.'"

He did defend MJ, however, believing that too many people knew him "genuinely" for no one to have seen signs he might have been abusive towards children. "On Mike's behalf, these are people that was paid off, one or two people and they parents come back and recount like, you can't even prove none of that stuff and half that stuff you can prove that they was paid off to even say those things," he said.

You can watch the entire interview above, where he dives into stories with Eminem, Quincy Jones, and more.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MJPoetryFan For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
    I will let you guys know of my experience. I was at a wedding this past weekend. It was in Canada in a white small town area. The guests were mostly white, some other races thrown into the mix. At this wedding I heard FOUR Michael Jackson songs (Billie Jean, Thriller, Don't Stop, and I Want You Back). The dance floor was PACKED for all of these songs, when Thriller came on the crowd actually cheered. I asked the DJ about the controversy and asked if it has affected MJ's music at weddings. His answer was: not at all! He said MJ gets played at about 80% of all weddings he does and people still request it. He hasn't had a single complaint so far. So no, Michael Jackson is certainly not cancelled at all!

When I got back from from the wedding my sister sent me a video of her in a big department store here, there were DOZENS of stuffed animal ghosts on the shelf that sing Thriller when you push a button on them. Everyone in the store was dancing to them, and smiling.

Finally, in the car driving home I heard TWO MJ songs on the radio.

Moral of the story..... while Leaving Neverland may have taken the wind out of the sails in some parts of the world, Michael Jackson remains a dominant force in music. The general public simply doesn't care. The media and the METOO crowd (a very vocal but small crowd) loves to make it seem way worse. But the reality is that most people still love listening to Michael Jackson and his music is still everywhere.
    this is what I am talking about. We can not let a few hollowing wolves make u think everyone is against MJ. Like I said, the MJ tribute is here this week and it is selling well (looking to be sold out by Saturday. and there is RADIO CONTEST and it is hard to get through. A woman just won tonight and she is taking her husband and they are excited as she said).
    Mike's PYT

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    If she made this statement, Rose is stupid. When it comes to MONEY, Nothing should NOT be put pass a person. I would ask Rose "Why on EARTH would someone get a gun and go robbed someone even killing a person for over $300 and know it will get him/her LIfe in prison? People KILL for a couple of bucks let alone LYING to hope to get MILLIONS. "Why would someone KILL a love one to get MONEY from an insurance policy? I bet she would not have an answer because she is judging someone on what she will/will not do; well Ms Rose, everyone is NOT like YOU.
    Exactly, she is either in denial as to how the real world works, or she just jumping on the MJ hate wagon

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJPoetryFan View Post
    https://amp.www.complex.com/music/20...t-97-interview

Akon on Michael Jackson Allegations: ‘If Michael Was a Creep, I’m Not Going to Sit Here and Defend Him’

Akon stopped by for an interview on Hot 97's Ebro in the Morning to discuss his future plans, entrepreneurship, and his relationship to some of his biggest collaborators. During the chat, he revealed that he hasn't spoken with Lady Gaga in a number of years, and that he has four new albums with a disparate flavor on the way. At the 12:30 moment of the interview onwards, he detailed his relationship with the late Michael Jackson.
    He joked about hanging up on MJ upon getting on the phone with him for the first time and what it was like meeting face-to-face, but he also addressed how he personally felt following the release of HBO's Leaving Neverland documentary. "That's kind of hard to swallow because me knowing him and knowing a lot of the backstories of it... It's crazy how cruel corporations can be," he said at the 15:40 point of the interview when asked about the shift in MJ's public image over the last year.

"Mike was one of the most powerful men in the music business," he continued. From there he explained how he thinks Jackson was taken advantage of himself numerous times throughout his career, with a number of big players in the industry attempting to "push him out." When asked about the "flaw" of him being too close to a number of children, Akon replied, "But it weren't even a flaw, that was all humantiarian and just him having a love for kids period."

He said, "He had a theme park in his backyard that's for children, but it was more so for himself because he never had a childhood himself." Throughout his childhood, MJ was pressured by both the industry and his father Joe Jackson, who was also his manager, to be the biggest pop star in the world. "I don't know if it was abusive," Akon said when the topic of MJ facing so much scrutinity as a child star is brought up. "It was preparation for who he was supposed to become."

As for whether he believes the allegations against MJ, Akon responded at 18:28, "I'm a realist, if Mike was a creep or he was a pedophile or something like that... I'm not gonna sit here and defend him. I must tell you straight up, 'Yo bruh that dude right there, I can't rock with him.'" He continued, "It's no different from R. Kelly. I know R. Kelly but when I found that's what it was, I would tell him to his face, 'Bro, you ****ed up for that shit.'"

He did defend MJ, however, believing that too many people knew him "genuinely" for no one to have seen signs he might have been abusive towards children. "On Mike's behalf, these are people that was paid off, one or two people and they parents come back and recount like, you can't even prove none of that stuff and half that stuff you can prove that they was paid off to even say those things," he said.

You can watch the entire interview above, where he dives into stories with Eminem, Quincy Jones, and more.
    Please tell me I'm reading this right and he's now saying he doesn't really believe that MJ is guilty?

Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,100 Times in 2,235 Posts

Please tell me I'm reading this right and he's now saying he doesn't really believe that MJ is guilty?
    Watch the video. Akon is brilliant. He always defended MJ and always speak well about him and their time together. Article title is missleading as usual. Stupid media and their clickbait tactics.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnirMJ For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

So u guys think shes lying?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    …………….

:lol: :lol: :lol:

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 8701girl For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8701girl View Post
    So u guys think shes lying?
    I believe Weinstein did something to her; however, Rose should NOT let her experience think it is a reflection on MJ's accusers. MJ accusers are clear liars and there are too many things to prove it even from court.
    Mike's PYT

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post: