Page 1044 of 1079 FirstFirst ... 445449449941034104210431044104510461054 ... LastLast
Results 15,646 to 15,660 of 16177

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 888 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

The shareholders knew that the company was gonna get sued by the MJ Estate, they knew it and took it out on Plepler.
    Last edited by PoP; 20-09-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 826 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by Alh21 View Post
    Is this true, is there anyone that can speak to this person that posted the comment.
    Found her channel. If true her friend should go public.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEY...6ArrzEct_3Yyrw

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Default The Michael Jackson Estate Won a Temporary Victory in Leaving Neverland Lawsuit

The Michael Jackson estate has won a temporary victory in its lawsuit against HBO over the premium cabler’s Leaving Neverland docuseries, in which Wade Robson and James Safechuck detailed alleged abuses they endured by Jackson as children. The Jackson estate, which filed its roughly $100 million lawsuit in February, has argued that in making and distributing Leaving Neverland and leaving out its denial of the allegations against Jackson, HBO is in violation of a nondisparagement clause stemming from the network’s 1992 agreement to air a concert film of Jackson’s Dangerous tour. HBO claims the pact is now defunct.

In a tentative ruling Thursday, Judge George Wu denied HBO’s motion to dismiss the case—a decision that the judge is expected to make final by the end of the month. Variety reports that Wu himself suggested HBO file an anti-SLAPP motion, invoking the California law intended to curb litigation aimed at chilling free speech. Now, however, he has determined that the statute does not apply to arbitration requests, Variety reports.

The Jackson estate has long slammed the docuseries, which debuted soon after Lifetime’s Surviving R. Kelly and sparked a similar resurgence of interest and passion around the allegations against Jackson. Soon after the doc’s debut, radio stations slowly began removing Jackson from their libraries—a sign that perhaps this time, the public is feeling more strongly about the allegations and their merit. (Jackson died in 2009, and denied the allegations during his life; in a 2005 trial, he was acquitted on all charges, including child molestation.) Most recently, the Jackson family decried Leaving Neverland’s Emmy win, calling the nod a “complete farce.”

In court, Variety reports that HBO attorney Theodore Boutrous asked Wu to reconsider denying HBO’s request for dismissal. “It was filed to chill speech,” Boutrous said of the Jackson estate’s lawsuit. “It was filed to tell the world, ‘Don’t talk about child sex abuse.’…A company like HBO may be able to fight back and move forward. Others might not be able to do that.” An HBO representative told Variety, “We are waiting to see the judge’s final decision.” Meanwhile, Bryan J. Freedman, who represents the Jackson estate, slammed HBO in another statement that reads, in part: “HBO has tried everything possible to avoid having a trier of fact adjudicate their wrongdoing. If HBO believes its actions were proper then there is no reason for them to try and hide behind procedural technicalities to avoid an arbitration or a trial.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...te-arbitration

Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 1,538 Posts

IF lawsuit was so desperate and MJ Estate have so much to cover up then why don't HBO air it all out in the open with no issue?

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    IF lawsuit was so desperate and MJ Estate have so much to cover up then why don't HBO air it all out in the open with no issue?
    They want that money. and they also probably scare as heck now.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

NatureCriminal7896 I have already told you, stop making new threads in the News and Discussion forum every time there's an update for the Estate's legal cases. It's not necessary. The cases already have their own threads in the Trials and Tribulations section.
    And don't post articles in here that have absolutely no relation to the subject matter or fallout from LN.

Help Staff help you. Remember:

Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,382 Posts

‘Don’t talk about child sex abuse.’…

No fool, u can talk about child sex abuse; however, when u do so, you better make sure the person is guilty with pure facts to back it and with real victims. In this case, neither fits. And more important, no one will have to LIE to prove abuse. There were plenty of others who this fool could have use to shine a light on this issue if he really cared about that topic; but Dan used/lied on an innocent man who evidence even cleared MJ in 2005 from testimony/lies admitted being told/money seeking conartists/etc to deal with the issue. This was stupid, wreckless, and WRONG to try to help 2 LIARS win a court appeal from LIES. If these fools can do it, then lets use the woman who accused the Duke Lacrosse players to explain injustice in civil rights. Better yet, lets use Jussie Smollett. NOT.
    Mike's PYT

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Ugh. guys i said this once and gonna say this again. i'm am person with delays. okay? i do not understand somethings and i view things differently. if i make an accident or take something the wrong way i wanna say sorry BUT it's something i can not help i wish you guys understand that. i even put it as my tagline for a warning just in case i do something not the "ordinary". i know it's frustrating it's frustrating for me too. but please understand it isn't my fault. i wish this site was more easier to understand. it's very confusing. i'm doing this out of love and care okay? if you wanna know more about me personal just message me. i have severe anxiety and also very shy. so if i don't reply to you. it's because those two reasons. i probably will get to you if you just speak to me nicely. if i feel you are not talking to me a kind of way i will take it a different way. also somethings just do not understand and probably never will and that's okay. it's just who i'm am. okay? it really bothers me when i make an accident or someone misunderstand me. it isn't my fault and said sorry hundred times. this stuff is very hard to talk about but i'm brave enough to tell others so they can understand me and help me. i hope you all understand. have an blessed day or night whatever time it is whatever you are. thank you.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WannaScream View Post

With him having this big meltdown, his flip-flopping on R&S makes more sense now. He seems confused and really needs to get some damn help. He needs to shut up about Michael, too (same goes for the fans; they shouldn't @ him about Michael).
    "Let's not be alone again. Will you be my partner? I hear a dance starting up. Come."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    Found her channel. If true her friend should go public.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEY...6ArrzEct_3Yyrw
    I fully agree, if she is brave enough to put it on twitter then she must be brave enough to come forward, if it's true then it's very important that he's punished. I'm not saying that because it will help MJs case, this is completely different

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alh21 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Ugh. guys i said this once and gonna say this again. i'm am person with delays. okay? i do not understand somethings and i view things differently. if i make an accident or take something the wrong way i wanna say sorry BUT it's something i can not help i wish you guys understand that. i even put it as my tagline for a warning just in case i do something not the "ordinary". i know it's frustrating it's frustrating for me too. but please understand it isn't my fault. i wish this site was more easier to understand. it's very confusing. i'm doing this out of love and care okay? if you wanna know more about me personal just message me. i have severe anxiety and also very shy. so if i don't reply to you. it's because those two reasons. i probably will get to you if you just speak to me nicely. if i feel you are not talking to me a kind of way i will take it a different way. also somethings just do not understand and probably never will and that's okay. it's just who i'm am. okay? it really bothers me when i make an accident or someone misunderstand me. it isn't my fault and said sorry hundred times. this stuff is very hard to talk about but i'm brave enough to tell others so they can understand me and help me. i hope you all understand. have an blessed day or night whatever time it is whatever you are. thank you.

Just so u know, if u need to talk or u are struggling just send me a PM, I'm here if need me

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alh21 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    NatureCriminal7896 I have already told you, stop making new threads in the News and Discussion forum every time there's an update for the Estate's legal cases. It's not necessary. The cases already have their own threads in the Trials and Tribulations section.
    And don't post articles in here that have absolutely no relation to the subject matter or fallout from LN.
    Maybe this should have been said in a PM, feels a bit harsh to me, and possibly upsetting for the person involved

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alh21 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,670 Times in 3,946 Posts

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post

If you read/acknowledged my PMs and visitor messages, I wouldn't have had to resort to saying these things in threads. I am well aware that you have mental issues, but the rules still apply to you. So when you do something wrong or post something in the wrong place, I still have to tell you. Please understand that. I'm not having a go at you, I'm just doing my job.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alh21 View Post
    Maybe this should have been said in a PM, feels a bit harsh to me, and possibly upsetting for the person involved
    Of course I have tried to do these things privately. But I am ignored.