Page 1075 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 7557597510251065107310741075107610771085 ... LastLast
Results 16,111 to 16,125 of 16281

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 1,494 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

I can't see it said here, but 'Leaving Neverland' didn't win anything at the Grierson Awards in London, as far as I can tell.

Nominees for : Netflix Best Documentary Series (I think the prize is given by/ in the name of Netflix)
    Black Lives - RT for RT
    Leaving Neverland - Amos Pictures for Channel 4
    Losers - Topic Studios for Netflix
    Michael Palin in North Korea - ITN for Channel 5
    Pistorius - Western Edge Pictures for Amazon Prime
    *Prison- Spring Films for Channel 4
    Storyville - Reporting Trump's First Year: The Fourth Estate - Radical Media for BBC Two
    Why Slavery? - The Why Foundation for BBC Four

* Channel 4′s investigative documentary series Prison (Spring Films), which provides rare insight into prison life and explores the issues that prison staff and prisoners face, was honored with a win in the Best Documentary Series category.

http://realscreen.com/2019/11/14/thr...ierson-awards/

Established in 1972, the Griersons are the biggest event in the UK documentary calendar. The awards recognise and celebrate documentaries from Britain and abroad that have made a significant contribution to the genre and that demonstrate quality, integrity, creativity, originality and overall excellence.
    https://griersontrust.org/grierson-a...ierson-awards/
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    He said “Thank you.”

Epic. Just epic. And very brave of her.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoonwalkingKay For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    His face isn’t shown, but nevertheless this was expert level trolling.
    Even though his face didn't show I can imagine his stupid face

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsYour first GroupThree FriendsCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Interesting
    And they better spell my name right! L-I-D-E-O. So simple. Frankie Lideo!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,724 Times in 3,969 Posts

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,724 Times in 3,969 Posts

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 1,494 Posts

Seems Plepler (ex HBO) is cosying up to Apple....

Why Apple is aiming to hire former HBO chief Richard Plepler

When Richard Plepler left his perch as head of HBO in February, it signalled the end of an era for a cable network synonymous with high-quality television.

In recent months, the 59-year-old magnate has been camped out in a brownstone on New York’s Upper East Side plotting his comeback. There he started a new company called RLP & Co, with the goal of continuing to make boundary-pushing dramas, comedies and documentaries — although it was initially unclear who might distribute them.*

Mr Plepler’s plans came into focus this week with the news that he is nearing an exclusive production deal with Apple, the tech giant that is pushing into Hollywood with a new television streaming service. The deal is not done yet, although people close to the negotiations expect it to be signed in the next week or so.*

His arrival at Apple would be a coup for its service, which has been scrutinised for launching this month with only a handful of shows, compared to the vast libraries of rivals Disney and Netflix. Critics also panned Apple’s marquee series, The Morning Show starring Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon, which the tech group had shelled out more than $250m to make — calling it “muddled” and “a well-polished snore”.*

But landing Mr Plepler, one of the most well-regarded names in Hollywood, signals that Apple is more serious about its entertainment plans than the industry had believed.

Apple and Plepler share ‘sense of showmanship’
    Mr Plepler’s arrival at Apple would present a fresh challenge to Netflix, which has battled with HBO for coveted Emmy awards in recent years. HBO has won more than 160 of the gongs since 2013, when Mr Plepler became chief executive of the network, receiving more nominations than any other network each year until last year, when Netflix nabbed more nods.*

Apple certainly has the cash to meet Mr Plepler’s ambitions. It has committed more than $6bn to making shows for its Apple TV+ service. More than that, though, Eddy Cue, who leads Apple’s services business, has long admired Mr Plepler’s management of HBO and had previously tried to tap Mr Plepler for Apple, according to people familiar with the matter.*

After AT&T’s purchase of Time Warner closed last year, Mr Plepler chafed against his new bosses, John Stankey and Randall Stephenson, who he viewed as too focused on data and out of touch with the entertainment business.*

His relationship with the top brass at Apple has been more harmonious. One film-maker who has worked with Apple noted the company’s “theatric sense of showmanship” — a big-bang marketing approach that may prove a good fit with Mr Plepler’s style.*

“They really want to start out as very curated, all high end and premium, so it fits the Apple brand,” said one Hollywood executive who has worked with the group. “They are aiming for the top.”

Rich Greenfield, a partner at the technology research firm LightShed Partners, said Apple and Mr Plepler would be a “brilliant” match.

Since the first day when Apple described its vision with Spielberg, Oprah, Reese Witherspoon and others, it always seemed they aspire to be an HBO-like premium product,” he said.

....... The iPhone maker is offering a free 12-month trial for Apple TV+ to anyone who purchases a new iPhone, computer or iPad. With iPhone sales alone at roughly 200m devices per year, Apple should be able to grab 100m subscribers within three or four years, said Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives, making it competitive with Netflix and its 160m subscribers.*

https://www.ft.com/content/32fe8c18-...4-fbbacad9e7dd
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paris78 View Post

So Robson went from a subpoena in 2005 (his words), to a video shoot on Michael's "sacred land" (also his words) in 2007.

UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

I almost wish Wade/James' appeal is successful.

If MJ Estate ever get to interrogate them on the stand they will have a field day. They will run all over their asses, chewing them up with a lawnmower and spitting them out all over the court room.
    With all the evidence they have from the 05 trial, press appearances/interviews across decades, the 2014-2017 civil claim (and appeals), Leaving Neverland + press appearances, they will make mince meat of him (and James!)

Seriously. The stories changed so often and include so many inconsistencies and proven lies, that the MJ Estate will just make them look like lying fools.

Any reasonable judge would look at Wade's case and decide he is simply not credible. not even with a lower burden of proof of a civil claim (compared to a criminal claim).

BUT the media's reporting will be grossly unfair and inaccurate, just as it always is. It won't matter what lies are exposed or how devastatingly effective the MJ Estate lawyers are in crushing Wade and James, the media will make MJ the abuser and the poor "little boys" the victims.

It's almost a no-win situation

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...users-20906315, just been reading this about how them 2 dickheads can revive their lawsuit against the Estate because of some new law, is this true and should we be worried, I can't stand the thought of them getting money or using the win to say they were telling the truth

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Welp, there is bound to be some "Nah" and some "Yah," this is what Razorfist had to say (we all know who Razorfist is right):

"Good, I wouldn't be satisfied with merely being thrown out of court twice. It's important that their case is formally laughed out of court and disproven once and for all." - Razorfist via Twitter

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Apple NYC For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,141 Times in 1,400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJTruth View Post
    I almost wish Wade/James' appeal is successful.

If MJ Estate ever get to interrogate them on the stand they will have a field day. They will run all over their asses, chewing them up with a lawnmower and spitting them out all over the court room.
    With all the evidence they have from the 05 trial, press appearances/interviews across decades, the 2014-2017 civil claim (and appeals), Leaving Neverland + press appearances, they will make mince meat of him (and James!)

Seriously. The stories changed so often and include so many inconsistencies and proven lies, that the MJ Estate will just make them look like lying fools.

Any reasonable judge would look at Wade's case and decide he is simply not credible. not even with a lower burden of proof of a civil claim (compared to a criminal claim).

BUT the media's reporting will be grossly unfair and inaccurate, just as it always is. It won't matter what lies are exposed or how devastatingly effective the MJ Estate lawyers are in crushing Wade and James, the media will make MJ the abuser and the poor "little boys" the victims.

It's almost a no-win situation
    I almost want it to go as well; however, I think it is a WIN WIN for the Estate. It is too much info to show these guys are liars. And remember they are on record that the other judge in the previous got onto them from what they were claiming.
    Mike's PYT

20. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Apple NYC View Post
    Welp, there is bound to be some "Nah" and some "Yah," this is what Razorfist had to say (we all know who Razorfist is right):

"Good, I wouldn't be satisfied with merely being thrown out of court twice. It's important that their case is formally laughed out of court and disproven once and for all." - Razorfist via Twitter
    I agree. that is why I say it is a win win. Yes, the media can say what they want but social media is exposing them even more. Just morning radio station here reported on this. There are 4r co host. 2 never really believe it but one was going to wait to see if any lawsuit files (when he learned about the Appeal, that co host was relieve to see what the thought. The other two kind of believe it but one of them still was going to be open minded the other one believe Wade/James- in this reporting, she was quiet as church mouse when Kelly read this abut the law suit. All these co host know this is BS.
    Mike's PYT

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alh21 View Post
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...users-20906315, just been reading this about how them 2 dickheads can revive their lawsuit against the Estate because of some new law, is this true and should we be worried, I can't stand the thought of them getting money or using the win to say they were telling the truth
    No, too much evidence against Wade/James. To me it is a WIN WIN for the Estate either way.
    Mike's PYT

23. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    I almost want it to go as well; however, I think it is a WIN WIN for the Estate. It is too much info to show these guys are liars. And remember they are on record that the other judge in the previous got onto them from what they were claiming.
    Yes, I definitely have to agree.

I just recently saw an Access Hollywood interview from 2008, wherein Robson is asked why he stuck up for MJ in 2005 and Robson said:

"Because he has always been a friend to me. That's what you do for friends. You tell the truth."

In my opinion, Robson's big, bragging mouth will be his downfall.

P.S. Notice no mention of the supposed SUBPOENA of 2005, but I digress. LOL.
    Last edited by Big Apple NYC; 18-11-2019 at 06:13 PM.