Page 1087 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 8758798710371077108510861087
Results 16,291 to 16,301 of 16301

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by DifferentKindOfLady View Post
    I know but what makes me sad is MTV.
    MTV was never respectful towards MJ. They refused to play him (or any black artists) on rotation in the beginning (until 83!), and even then they were forced to play him due to Thriller's success. This eventually lead to the breaking of racial barriers on the channel but the same people remained in charge... I have a feeling they never forgave MJ for this, and for exceeding their heroes. Sure, they profited from MJs success (hence the MJ days and programs) but they ridiculed and ignored him every given opportunity.
    Last edited by ozemouze; 13-12-2019 at 11:40 PM.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 903 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

His music being banned from the radios doesn't mean he is guilty. They banned his music because they are stupid people, and the people who think like that are stupid too.
    Indeed they, they're brains are poisoned and they caught the CancelCulture disease.

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    MTV was never respectful towards MJ. They refused to play him (or any back artists) on rotation in the beginning (until 83!), and even then they were forced to play him due to Thriller's success. This eventually lead to the breaking of racial barriers on the channel but the same people remained in charge... I have a feeling they never forgave MJ for this, and for exceeding their heroes. Sure, they profited from MJs success (hence the MJ days and programs) but they ridiculed and ignored him every given opportunity.
    Plus they even refuse to listen to Michael's suggestion of removing that disrespectful video of Eminem which should not be named off the channel. MTV's not the same anyways and they suck.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,736 Times in 3,973 Posts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran

Level
    Thanks

That's the reason for the ban in the first place, to confuse cause and effect (and rely on circular logic). It's not a genuine concern just a tool in order to control the narrative.

There are some who fell for the trick but I think there are even more who begins to see through the obvious. And that's why there's a gap between major public reaction (rise of online streams, Thriller celebrations at Halloween etc) and MSM/radio/TV ban - as you said, the "the public has spoken" and doesn't care about the "gatekeepers".
    I agree and he is played on the radio all the time there I live.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to La74 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Apple NYC View Post
    Does MTV even play music any more?

All I ever notice is a bunch of "Teen Moms" and how folks are STILL being Catfished (LOL).
    They play the trash who they call music
    Yeah that's true! Catfish is on everytime I turn the TV. As for the teen moms I don't know who's who anymore

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Thanks

MTV was never respectful towards MJ. They refused to play him (or any back artists) on rotation in the beginning (until 83!), and even then they were forced to play him due to Thriller's success. This eventually lead to the breaking of racial barriers on the channel but the same people remained in charge... I have a feeling they never forgave MJ for this, and for exceeding their heroes. Sure, they profited from MJs success (hence the MJ days and programs) but they ridiculed and ignored him every given opportunity.
    I know that, but I think because of Thriller people started to listen and enjoying MTV much more. I think they owe that to MJ. But no, they treated him like shit especially now, but when he died they were so fake, with the tributes they made to him... Right now that doesn't matter anymore and all they do is ignoring him and pretending he doesn't exist.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DifferentKindOfLady For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,143 Times in 1,401 Posts

Kurt Ludor was a hater. He always wanted Madonna to rule MTV. He was also the editor of Rolling stone at the time.
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    Kurt Ludor was a hater. He always wanted Madonna to rule MTV. He was also the editor of Rolling stone at the time.
    I think the name is Loder, but yep (I remember him being a "rock fan", but I guess he was happy with anyone but MJ). And don't get me started on Rolling Stone, bunch of haters and many with a feeling of cultural superiority. I'm still surprised they aren't called out yet on that behaviour. Their covers of MJ are a good example: one with McCartney (so not a solo pic), one (quite racist and belittling) cartoon, 2 only after his death - out of 8 total.

RS was quite successful at spreading the "rock is the only artistic genre" narrative for decades (70-80-90s) and did a lot of damage with dismissing others. The irony is I actually love said rock stuff, but it certainly not the only meaningful music, and the agenda was always obvious and very annoying.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,736 Times in 3,973 Posts

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

And it´s not just radio stations. At least in my country MTV and VH1 don´t play Michael´s music. The only one playing his music is MCM Pop.
    I'm so pleased I live where I do, my local radio station plays at least 3 songs a day by MJ, if not more, especially the DJ that is on at 10am, he must love Michael cause he always playing his music

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alh21 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,143 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alh21 View Post
    I'm so pleased I live where I do, my local radio station plays at least 3 songs a day by MJ, if not more, especially the DJ that is on at 10am, he must love Michael cause he always playing his music
    Where I live at in the United States (SOUTH), MJ was never moved; in fact, I did get on here or searched for MJ info, I would know nothing about MJ being banned and LN would be just more trash someone want to talk about MJ. Plus MJLive came here in Sept and was great and packed.
    Mike's PYT