Page 1103 of 1124 FirstFirst ... 103603100310531093110111021103110411051113 ... LastLast
Results 16,531 to 16,545 of 16857

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

   
  1. #16531
    Points: 7,767, Level: 59
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    531
    Points
    7,767
    Level
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 99 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]


    Where can I find the podcast where John Ziegler comments about Joy and Stephanie reactions in the video above?
    MJDRUMS - V DANCE SONGS

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZf0F76K61w

    Dance by me, john13th

  2. #16532
    Points: 27,738, Level: 98
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,802
    Points
    27,738
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    4,636
    Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,563 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by john13th View Post

    Where can I find the podcast where John Ziegler comments about Joy and Stephanie reactions in the video above?
    Possibly 'Frauds and Fakes, dated 17 March 2019, on Free Speech Broadcasting. Is appx 44 mins onwards what you are looking for ?

    https://soundcloud.com/freespeechbro...auds-and-fakes
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  3. #16533
    Points: 27,738, Level: 98
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,802
    Points
    27,738
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    4,636
    Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,563 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    'Kew Media' continues to nosedive... LOL.

    Exclusive: Kew Media Group’s restructuring process revealed

    ......Kew was funded by an IPO and is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, where its share price has nose dived from C$6.14 in mid-November to C$0.83 today, valuing the group at just under C$12m. The outfit announced late last year that lenders had provided notice of an event of default under its senior credit facilities, which Kew said was due to the “inaccurate information” provided to them by former CFO Webb.

    Kew has not yet responded to a request for comment.

    https://tbivision.com/2020/01/09/exc...cess-revealed/


    (That's another drop from 11th December 19, when :

    https://tbivision.com/2019/12/11/kew...ff-webb-exits/
    oooops... Their shares have been taken off the market

    KEW MEDIA GROUP Announces Temporary Cease Trade Order

    TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--KEW MEDIA GROUP INC. (“KEW” or the “Company”) (TSX:KEW and KEW.WT) today announced that, as a result of the matters described below, the Ontario Securities Commission (“OSC”) has issued a temporary Cease Trade Order (the “Temporary Order”) preventing trading in the Company’s shares effective immediately. The Temporary Order will expire after 15 days unless it is extended or changed.

    On January 15, 2020, the Company announced the withdrawal by the Company’s auditor of its audit reports for the years ended December 31, 2017 and 2018 and its interim review reports to the audit committee of the Company for each interim period within the 2017, 2018 and 2019 fiscal years of KEW (collectively, the “Auditor Reports”). Kew’s auditor informed the Company that the withdrawal is a result of the actions of KEW’s former Chief Financial Officer and its inability to rely on representations he made to them in the course of its audit and review of KEW’s financial statements.

    https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ry-Cease-Trade

    Latest stock price:PRICE (CAD) 0.64
    TODAY'S CHANGE 0.00 / 0.00%
    SHARES TRADED 0.00
    1 YEAR CHANGE -88.04%
    NET INCOME IN CAD -2.99m

    https://markets.ft.com/data/equities...mary?s=KEW:TOR
    Also

    https://walletinvestor.com/tose-stoc...ock-prediction

    and from Twitter:
    Kew Media investigates ex-CFO as auditor pulls financials, while its banks - which include TD and BMO - say it’s in default on its loans


    Andrew Willis@willis_andrew theglobeandmail.com
    Last edited by myosotis; 18-01-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:


  5. #16534
    Points: 9,918, Level: 66
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,940
    Points
    9,918
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    1,193
    Thanked 602 Times in 422 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    That was a different day and age. Back then, kids could go and buy cigers and walk down the street alone.
    Yeah. but it was still wrong.



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  6. #16535
    Points: 9,918, Level: 66
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,940
    Points
    9,918
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    1,193
    Thanked 602 Times in 422 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    Off topic, but it depends which dictionary you are using:

    Uncle Tom /ʌŋkl ˈtɒm/

    nounOFFENSIVE•NORTH AMERICAN

    a black man considered to be excessively obedient or servile to white people.
    a person regarded as betraying their cultural or social allegiance.


    The Urban dictionary seems to disagree:

    Theatrical productions of Uncle Tom's Cabin played throughout the nadir (post Civil War and Reconstruction); but since the novel's indictment of slavery was no longer congenial to an increasingly white society, rewrites changed Uncle Tom from a martyr who gave his life to protect the people into a sentimental dope who was loyal to kindly masters. In the black community, Uncle Tom eventually came to mean an African American who sells out his people's interests and still does today. In my opinion the phrase "uncle tom" should not be used today by black people because it degrades the status of a man who wasn't in fact a sell out but a hero who's name should be used with reverence not disgrace.

    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=Uncle%20Tom



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  7. #16536
    Points: 7,767, Level: 59
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    531
    Points
    7,767
    Level
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 99 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    Possibly 'Frauds and Fakes, dated 17 March 2019, on Free Speech Broadcasting. Is appx 44 mins onwards what you are looking for ?

    https://soundcloud.com/freespeechbro...auds-and-fakes
    I listened to it from 44 min and onwards but it wasn't this one even though he mentioned a bit about Joy and Stephanie about the radio interview Joy had in 2011 and Stephanie dancing when she heard about Michaels death.
    MJDRUMS - V DANCE SONGS

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZf0F76K61w

    Dance by me, john13th

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to john13th For This Useful Post:


  9. #16537
    Points: 42,993, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,562
    Points
    42,993
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,271
    Thanked 15,312 Times in 4,193 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]



  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:


  11. #16538
    Points: 27,738, Level: 98
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,802
    Points
    27,738
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    4,636
    Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,563 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    I think I missed the NTA noms. Thank you for that info.
    The O2 showed no love for MJ after 25 June 09. When fans held tribute events there, they were barely tolerated and moved on by staff as soon as possible.

    Unbelievably LN is also nominated for yet another USA award, The American Cinema Editors 'Eddie' Award. (They must be considering awards for 'deceptive editing', drone shots and adding clips from the internet while removing context):
    (PS we have already read from the 'ITA award' press that LN was not submitted for an Oscar).

    The nominations for the 70th Annual ACE Eddie Awards are hereby announced.
    American Cinema Editors recognizes outstanding editing in 11 categories of film, television and documentaries. Winners will be revealed during ACE’s annual black-tie awards ceremony on Friday, Jan. 17 in the International Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton Hotel. It is presided over by ACE President, Stephen Rivkin, ACE.

    BEST EDITED DOCUMENTARY (NON-THEATRICAL):

    Abducted in Plain Sight
    James Cude


    Bathtubs Over Broadway
    Dava Whisenant

    Leaving Neverland
    Jules Cornell


    What’s My Name: Muhammad Ali
    Jake Pushinsky, ACE`

    https://americancinemaeditors.org/ed...ddie-nominees/

    I wonder if they've already booked their sponsorship table at the event?
    https://americancinemaeditors.org/ed.../sponsorships/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Since 1951, American Cinema Editors has celebrated the best in television and feature film editing at the annual ACE Eddie Awards gala. More than a thousand of the entertainment industry’s most accomplished editors, filmmakers and Hollywood elite attend the black-tie event held each year at the famed Beverly Hilton hotel.

    A prelude to the Oscars, the Eddies are considered a barometer for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Best Picture and Best Editing categories. The ACE Eddies is one of the longest-running awards shows in the entertainment industry.
    Thankfully LN didn't win this one.

    'Parasite,' 'Jojo Rabbit' Top American Cinema Editors' Eddie Awards

    Best Edited Documentary (Small Screen)

    What's My Name: Muhammad Ali, Jake Pushinsky, ACE - WINNER
    Abducted in Plain Sight, James Cude}
    Bathtubs Over Broadway, Dava Whisenant
    Leaving Neverland, Jules Cornell

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...vision-1269517
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:


  13. #16539
    Points: 27,738, Level: 98
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,802
    Points
    27,738
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    4,636
    Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,563 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Extracts from an article about Oprah that actually mentions the holes in the Ln stories eg the railway station!

    Nolte: Oprah Winfrey Stabs #MeToo Filmmakers in the Back

    Oprah Winfrey just stabbed #MeToo documentary filmmakers Kirby Dick and Amy Ziering in the back by abruptly pulling out of their upcoming movie, which means they have lost their distributor.

    The history of this, as laid out by ShowBiz 411, is extremely revealing about just what a terrible person Oprah is.

    None of this is at all surprising, at least not to me. Let’s not forget we’re talking about the same Oprah Winfrey who falsely accused an innocent shopgirl of racism back in 2003 to help promote a movie.

    By the way, the movie in question– and this is important — was The Butler, which was produced by Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced mogul currently on trial for rape. It’s no secret, either, that Oprah and Weinstein became close during this time and that Oprah very much appreciated the (failed) campaign Weinstein launched to win her an Oscar.

    ...................So when the documentary, which is titled On the Record, was going to focus on Weinstein, there was no involvement from Oprah. But once the focus changed to a “major figure” in the record biz — Russell Simmons — Oprah’s suddenly on board.

    We don’t know if Oprah was a catalyst for shifting the focus away from Weinstein and on Simmons, or if she came on board after the focus had already shifted. What we do know is that this is the same Oprah who put her considerable weight (no pun intended) behind Leaving Neverland, the HBO documentary that accused a deceased Michael Jackson of serially-abusing two young boys for years.

    Oprah caught a lot of flak for jumping on the Leaving Neverland train. To begin with, Jackson is dead and unable to defend himself. The two accusers the doc focused on are now contradicting earlier claims Jackson never abused them. Both are seeking money from the Jackson estate. And then a gigantic hole was found in one of the accuser’s story. He who claimed to have been abused at Jackson’s Neverland train station. The only problem is that the train station did not exist at that time.

    And then, to keep her ride on the oh-so trendy #MeToo wave going, she jumps aboard the Simmons exposé.

    Two black icons.

    Black.

    And people noticed.

    Left-wing activist Bishop Talbert Swan, blistered Oprah on social media. Referring to unconfirmed rumors about #MeToo problems in Oprah’s own family, Talbert tweeted: “Since Oprah Is concerned about alleged sexual assault victims of Black men, maybe she’ll do a doc on the young lady seeking support from the Vernon Winfrey Scholarship Fund to attend TN State U, but got flashed, touched and coerced for sex.”

    He followed this up with: “Oprah‘s mantra is #BelieveVictims when it comes to Michael Jackson, R. Kelly, Bill Cosby, Russell Simmons, and every other Black man.”

    He added, “Should that not apply to her daddy? Should it apply to her buddy Harvey Weinstein? Other white men?”

    Rapper 50 Cent pointed out the same on his Instagram account: “I don’t understand why Oprah is going after black men. No Harvey Weinstein, No Epstein, just Michael Jackson and Russell Simmons this shit is sad.”

    Back in December, Simmons himself asked Oprah why she chose to single him out......

    And now, just days before the January 25 premiere of the Simmons documentary at Sundance, Oprah not only bails, she’s attacking the film as “not ready” and questioning the veracity of one of Simmons’ accusers while claiming she still believes her................

    As I’ve already expressed countless times, I’m more than a little disgusted by these public trials by way of reality show and social media and cable news and The Very Important Documentary. Whether it’s Michael Jackson or Russell Simmons or Scientology or Roger Ailes or Robert Durst or R. Kelly, it’s a pop culture kangaroo court. It’s un-American. To convict people, to smear them forever as monsters outside a courtroom, is disgusting. The power of pop culture should be used to test The System, not to notch a win for the Michael Jackson prosecutors after they failed to convince a jury.

    Setting my personal beliefs aside, though, look at how terrible Oprah is. Is it not a fair question to ask why she only puts her considerable media power behind documentaries targeting black icons, one of whom is dead?

    Is it not fair to ask why she’s not using her considerable media power to dig into Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein and NBC’s apparent covering up for Weinstein and Matt Lauer?

    And then, to bail on these filmmakers, to pull the distribution rug out from under them at the last second, and to do it while undermining their film…

    What a terrible person Oprah Winfrey is.

    Me-Me-Me-Me-Me…

    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...s-in-the-back/
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:


  15. #16540
    Points: 12,347, Level: 72
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,006
    Points
    12,347
    Level
    72
    Thanks
    3,703
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 923 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    Thankfully LN didn't win this one.

    'Parasite,' 'Jojo Rabbit' Top American Cinema Editors' Eddie Awards

    Best Edited Documentary (Small Screen)

    What's My Name: Muhammad Ali, Jake Pushinsky, ACE - WINNER
    Abducted in Plain Sight, James Cude}
    Bathtubs Over Broadway, Dava Whisenant
    Leaving Neverland, Jules Cornell

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...vision-1269517
    Glad to see that it didn't win. Nominating it for "best edited" is an absolute joke. Any time I think of editing with regard to this film, I think of how it was changed on the fly, every time fans and/or family found lies and other inconsistencies. It was actually forty-five minutes shorter, from one network screening to the next, or so I heard.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:


  17. #16541
    Points: 3,111, Level: 34
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    966
    Points
    3,111
    Level
    34
    Thanks
    845
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 582 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    OK … but it’s still Breitbart, though …
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:


  19. #16542
    Points: 7,077, Level: 55
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    675
    Points
    7,077
    Level
    55
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 953 Times in 346 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    Extracts from an article about Oprah that actually mentions the holes in the Ln stories eg the railway station!

    Nolte: Oprah Winfrey Stabs #MeToo Filmmakers in the Back

    Oprah Winfrey just stabbed #MeToo documentary filmmakers Kirby Dick and Amy Ziering in the back by abruptly pulling out of their upcoming movie, which means they have lost their distributor.

    The history of this, as laid out by ShowBiz 411, is extremely revealing about just what a terrible person Oprah is.

    None of this is at all surprising, at least not to me. Let’s not forget we’re talking about the same Oprah Winfrey who falsely accused an innocent shopgirl of racism back in 2003 to help promote a movie.

    By the way, the movie in question– and this is important — was The Butler, which was produced by Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced mogul currently on trial for rape. It’s no secret, either, that Oprah and Weinstein became close during this time and that Oprah very much appreciated the (failed) campaign Weinstein launched to win her an Oscar.

    ...................So when the documentary, which is titled On the Record, was going to focus on Weinstein, there was no involvement from Oprah. But once the focus changed to a “major figure” in the record biz — Russell Simmons — Oprah’s suddenly on board.

    We don’t know if Oprah was a catalyst for shifting the focus away from Weinstein and on Simmons, or if she came on board after the focus had already shifted. What we do know is that this is the same Oprah who put her considerable weight (no pun intended) behind Leaving Neverland, the HBO documentary that accused a deceased Michael Jackson of serially-abusing two young boys for years.

    Oprah caught a lot of flak for jumping on the Leaving Neverland train. To begin with, Jackson is dead and unable to defend himself. The two accusers the doc focused on are now contradicting earlier claims Jackson never abused them. Both are seeking money from the Jackson estate. And then a gigantic hole was found in one of the accuser’s story. He who claimed to have been abused at Jackson’s Neverland train station. The only problem is that the train station did not exist at that time.

    And then, to keep her ride on the oh-so trendy #MeToo wave going, she jumps aboard the Simmons exposé.

    Two black icons.

    Black.

    And people noticed.

    Left-wing activist Bishop Talbert Swan, blistered Oprah on social media. Referring to unconfirmed rumors about #MeToo problems in Oprah’s own family, Talbert tweeted: “Since Oprah Is concerned about alleged sexual assault victims of Black men, maybe she’ll do a doc on the young lady seeking support from the Vernon Winfrey Scholarship Fund to attend TN State U, but got flashed, touched and coerced for sex.”

    He followed this up with: “Oprah‘s mantra is #BelieveVictims when it comes to Michael Jackson, R. Kelly, Bill Cosby, Russell Simmons, and every other Black man.”

    He added, “Should that not apply to her daddy? Should it apply to her buddy Harvey Weinstein? Other white men?”

    Rapper 50 Cent pointed out the same on his Instagram account: “I don’t understand why Oprah is going after black men. No Harvey Weinstein, No Epstein, just Michael Jackson and Russell Simmons this shit is sad.”

    Back in December, Simmons himself asked Oprah why she chose to single him out......

    And now, just days before the January 25 premiere of the Simmons documentary at Sundance, Oprah not only bails, she’s attacking the film as “not ready” and questioning the veracity of one of Simmons’ accusers while claiming she still believes her................

    As I’ve already expressed countless times, I’m more than a little disgusted by these public trials by way of reality show and social media and cable news and The Very Important Documentary. Whether it’s Michael Jackson or Russell Simmons or Scientology or Roger Ailes or Robert Durst or R. Kelly, it’s a pop culture kangaroo court. It’s un-American. To convict people, to smear them forever as monsters outside a courtroom, is disgusting. The power of pop culture should be used to test The System, not to notch a win for the Michael Jackson prosecutors after they failed to convince a jury.

    Setting my personal beliefs aside, though, look at how terrible Oprah is. Is it not a fair question to ask why she only puts her considerable media power behind documentaries targeting black icons, one of whom is dead?

    Is it not fair to ask why she’s not using her considerable media power to dig into Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein and NBC’s apparent covering up for Weinstein and Matt Lauer?

    And then, to bail on these filmmakers, to pull the distribution rug out from under them at the last second, and to do it while undermining their film…

    What a terrible person Oprah Winfrey is.

    Me-Me-Me-Me-Me…

    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...s-in-the-back/
    Great article pointing out how low life and slimey Oprah is. Now we just need someone to write an article pointing out the trashy, pedophilic Fantacist/Nambla leaning director Dan Reed.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somewhereinthedark For This Useful Post:


  21. #16543
    Points: 3,111, Level: 34
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    966
    Points
    3,111
    Level
    34
    Thanks
    845
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 582 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    No one will take us seriously when we use “alt-right” Breitbart articles to prove a point. Please, everybody, look up what Breitbart is.
    Yes, they write critical articles about Hollyweird, but for all the wrong reasons.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:


  23. #16544
    Points: 27,738, Level: 98
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,802
    Points
    27,738
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    4,636
    Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,563 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    Aaand another award nomination from the brainwashed media:
    (No prizes for guessing who one of the sponsors of the Guild is - yup HBO)

    2020 Producers Guild Awards, presented 18 Jan 2020

    Nominated for The Award for Outstanding Producer of Non-Fiction Television

    ● 30 for 30 (Season 10)

    ○ Producers: Libby Geist, Connor Schell, John Dahl, Rob King, Erin Leyden, Gentry Kirby, Deidre Fenton, Marquis Daisy, Jenna Anthony, Adam Neuhaus

    ● 60 Minutes (Season 51, Season 52)

    ○ Producer: Bill Owens

    Leaving Neverland

    ○ Producer: Dan Reed


    ● Queer Eye (Season 3, Season 4)

    ○ Producers: David Collins, Michael Williams, Rob Eric, Jennifer Lane, Jordana Hochman, Rachelle Mendez, Mark Bracero

    ● Surviving R. Kelly (Season 1)

    ○ Producers: Joel Karsberg, dream hampton, Jesse Daniels, Tamra Simmons, Brie Miranda Bryant, Jessica Everleth, Mary Bissell, Maria Pepin, Charlotte Glover, Allison Brandin, Laura Hoeppner

    https://www.producersguild.org/news/...020-Awards.htm

    Held in January, the Producers Guild Awards is a must-attend event for the industry, and represents a unique chance for PGA members to extend their network, support their Guild, and pay tribute to the best of their profession. The 31st Annual Producers Guild Awards will be held at The Hollywood Palladium hotel in Los Angeles.

    https://www.producersguild.org/page/pga_awards

    Sponsors:
    https://www.producersguild.org/page/sponsors
    Unfortunately Reed did win this award


    Producers Guild@producersguild· 6h

    Congratulations to #LeavingNeverland and producer Dan Reed.

    #PGAAwards
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...vision-1269987

    Taj tweeted:

    Taj Jackson@tajjackson3 1h

    “Kicking me down, I've got to get up, as jacked as it sounds, the whole system sucks” MJ
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  24. #16545
    Points: 27,738, Level: 98
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,802
    Points
    27,738
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    4,636
    Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,563 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    No one will take us seriously when we use “alt-right” Breitbart articles to prove a point. Please, everybody, look up what Breitbart is.
    Yes, they write critical articles about Hollyweird, but for all the wrong reasons.
    The problem is that no political party or movement has the monopoly on 100% truth about everything. It's possible to agree with an article about a topic, without agreeing with an entire 'philosophy' or political outlook.

    The problem with 'Me Too' is that it has become emblematic of 'liberal thinking', which seems to tell us that in order to be a 'good person', you have to 'believe all victims'. The logical fallacy at the heart of 'believe all victims' is that such belief CREATES victims - ie the innocent people who are falsely accused.. But these innocent victims are not believed.

    As long as 'liberal thinking' clings to these kind of mantras and beliefs, they leave space for the right and even alt/right to come in with more considered and logical arguments. Agreeing with these arguments doesn't make you an 'alt/right' supporter.

    Some of the most valuable and vociferous MJ supporters in the media are 'right wing' (not alt / right) supporters, and fans have been very glad of their voices against the 'liberal' media who continue to write that Michael is guilty, despite all evidence to the contrary.

    I'm sure that in time books and theses will be written about why 'liberals / democrats' swallowed the 'believe all victims' directive. And why they support Oprah et al.

    In this case it seems to be the 'liberal' acceptance of 'believe all victims' that needs to change.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •