Page 1120 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 1206201020107011101118111911201121112211301170 ... LastLast
Results 16,786 to 16,800 of 17642

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,807 Times in 932 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by Staffordshire Bullterrier View Post
    Did I miss something or has BBC's Simon Warr been really supportive of Michael? On Twitter I saw that he's not doing too well health wise and he gets a lot of support from MJ fans. He's from Channel 4 as well. Didn't BBC and Channel 4 shit on MJ though? Or is it like Geraldo, shit channel but the person is supportive?
    He’s the author of “Presumed Guilty”, a book that addresses the issue of false allegations, specifically in the UK. Not sure what he said about MJ, though.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Did I miss something or has BBC's Simon Warr been really supportive of Michael? On Twitter I saw that he's not doing too well health wise and he gets a lot of support from MJ fans. He's from Channel 4 as well. Didn't BBC and Channel 4 shit on MJ though? Or is it like Geraldo, shit channel but the person is supportive?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    He’s the author of “Presumed Guilty”, a book that addresses the issue of false allegations, specifically in the UK. Not sure what he said about MJ, though.
    I'm not sure if he said anything about just MJ in particular, but as his main focus on twitter is false accusations and its serious consequences, there were often interactions with MJ supporters under his tweets.

He was accused with historic CSA, tried and acquitted (I guess that's the force behind his mission to help others with similar situations and raise awareness for the topic in the public): https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-29712967

It's a sad news about his declining health.
    Last edited by ozemouze; 21-02-2020 at 03:22 AM.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 577 Posts

That Zoe Kravitz has a lot to learn about life. **** her.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,807 Times in 932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    I'm not sure if he said anything about just MJ in particular, but as his main focus on twitter is false accusations and its serious consequences, there were often interactions with MJ supporters under his tweets.

He was accused with historic CSA, tried and acquitted (I guess that's the force behind his mission to help others with similar situations and raise awareness for the topic in the public): https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-29712967

It's a sad news about his declining health.
    Yep, I didn’t know about his health issues … really sad.

Thanks for the info, I’ll put his book on my reading list. It’s heartbreaking that these things are happening.

This is what he said when he was asked about MJ, btw.:

Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    This is what he said when he was asked about MJ, btw.:

Thanks for looking it up! That's a very fair stance everyone should follow when they don't have enough information/motive to research further: just refrain from forming an uninformed jugdement - that's completely fine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    They look foolish now.
    Hahahahaha exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    The Zoe Kravitz thing is beyond shameful.

The Quincy remark is something quite common when it comes to Michael. No other great artist is treated quite as badly as Michael when it comes to this stuff.

I watched a documentary on the Hysteria album by Def Leppard yesterday and one of the guitarists spoke about how heavily they were influenced by a guitar part on one of their songs by the Police song Message in a Bottle. He goes on to play both riffs to show the similarities and openly states he emulated it. The track in no way rips off the Police and is presented as complimentary and as one great artist influencing another.

Whenever something like that crops up with MJ it's presented entirely different. That he's a fraud, that he stole other from other artists...that he's "Machiavellian" . People are looking for absolutely ANY reason to discredit and sully Michael's name.

It's actually complimentary because the treatment he suffered, and continues to suffer, is entirely unique to Michael Jackson and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

Michael's artistry is going to outlast all of this, I guarantee it. And when it does, in 100 and 200 years, these people are going to look incredibly foolish.
    Quincy did a lot rude stuff to Michael in the past. but i agree with his remark here. when it comes to Michael get ready because there gonna be a lot people saying crap about him. it's been 10 years since he pass and he still is one of best musician of all time. no one hasn't got on his level yet. and it bothers them. i can say last year woke up people. so that's good.

while Quincy did do a lot of rude stuff to Michael. we can't deny the fact he did help Michael with his 3 of albums. so i do thank him for helping him but he still wrong what he has done to Michael in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechaspiderman View Post
    If Wade made it, anyone can
    with all the crap he done. i don't he will ever make it. and if so that's very sad.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechaspiderman View Post
    Younger viewers who haven't read much into the case will take their word for granted and just run with it until someone challenges them.
    They been doing for decades since those lies came out. i'm glad that their are younger people and children knows who MJ was and is. thanks to the older gen and their grandparents.

i don't even watch TV anymore. nowadays they just trying to push subjects that people don't agree with or make someone look bad etc. TV not the same anymore.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Sadly Paris apparently follows her. Can't imagine her being exactly thrilled with such BS about her own dad.
    That's so sad. this really goes to show ya that not everyone is your friend and will stab in the back if you're not careful. i wish her the best of luck. prince and bigi need to be careful as well.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    Many of those cases were proven. That is the difference with MJ. MJ still was treated far worst and more investigated.
    sad thing is he didn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 8701girl View Post
    neither will i
    Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    If Wenstein gets acquitted, I will no longer trust the American justice system anymore.
    Me either.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I'm glad Michael is innocent. which i already knew years ago. i'm glad no child got hurt or anything. i'm glad he when to court etc and told the truth. people who want him to be guilty are haters. they hate Michael. but it best to ignore and just keep defending him because that's the right thing to do.

also those are Michael children. i don't know why people keep saying their not. they have his features and everything.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    And it's not to take away from Quincy Jones, his influence to the music world is enormous (including jazz and soundtracks), but his importance regarding MJ's work is artificially magnified with an agenda.
    Quincy is famous on the level that he is, BECAUSE of Michael. There I said it.

The generation depicted in this clearly awful television show know Quincy because of his work with Michael Jackson, by and large. I do not mean to undermine Quincy (unlike the man himself I give credit where credit is due) but there's no way his other work would make him as famous as he is with people born in the 80's and onwards.

And I think that's partly why Quincy is so aggrieved all these years. His obit, if written by someone who isn't trying to undermine MJ, will say Thriller.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,412 Times in 605 Posts

Quincy was very famous for his work pre mj. But that work wasnt know on a worldwide mainstream level. It was very much kept in his genre. Mj took him to world wide level because of his work with him.that overshadowed his own work and imo made him bitter and twisted. Hes like john landis in that way. His work with mj overshadowed his own and that annoyed him to put it nicely! I always remember a programe in the uk about heathrow airport.a fly on the wall. Mj was shown in it a few times.other celbs aswell. Quincy was shown in it arriving and the in house pap was asked who he was by staff. No one in the uk knew who he was.as to be expected unless you are a jazz follower or mj fan. The pap said hes the guy who worked on mjs albums. Sums it up.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Ouch.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,645 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Quincy is famous on the level that he is, BECAUSE of Michael. There I said it.

The generation depicted in this clearly awful television show know Quincy because of his work with Michael Jackson, by and large. I do not mean to undermine Quincy (unlike the man himself I give credit where credit is due) but there's no way his other work would make him as famous as he is with people born in the 80's and onwards.

And I think that's partly why Quincy is so aggrieved all these years. His obit, if written by someone who isn't trying to undermine MJ, will say Thriller.
    Thank you. Michael was already a household name before Quincy ever came into the picture

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Quincy was very famous for his work pre mj. But that work wasnt know on a worldwide mainstream level. It was very much kept in his genre. Mj took him to world wide level because of his work with him.that overshadowed his own work and imo made him bitter and twisted. Hes like john landis in that way. His work with mj overshadowed his own and that annoyed him to put it nicely! I always remember a programe in the uk about heathrow airport.a fly on the wall. Mj was shown in it a few times.other celbs aswell. Quincy was shown in it arriving and the in house pap was asked who he was by staff. No one in the uk knew who he was.as to be expected unless you are a jazz follower or mj fan. The pap said hes the guy who worked on mjs albums. Sums it up.
    Exactly. Funny you mentioned John Landis too, as personally I knew both of them independently from MJ (for film buffs they are unavoidable, plus QJ produced some quite accessible jazz tunes for the general public as well, not just for die-hard jazz fans). But you're right they are famous/recognised mostly in their own fields. However their bitterness is a bit incomprehensible, why weren't they just happy about the bigger exposure? If anything, they profited from their association with MJ, not the other way around. And I'm sure quite a lot of MJ fans bought QJ albums initially because of their fandom but ended up enjoying them - looks like a win-win situation fore me...