Page 1123 of 1123 FirstFirst ... 123623102310731113112111221123
Results 16,831 to 16,835 of 16835

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 570 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Karma is having a great year so far.

Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    So... I guess now all the films produced by the Weinstein Company will be cancelled. Oprah specials and aftershows will follow, with SA victims in the audience, calling the world to cancel Hollywood. Gayle pressing questions to her guests connected to Weinstein (ca. half of Hollywood) about what they knew. The Simpsons removing their shows referencing films by his company. Zoe Krawitz and her snobs refusing to sell soundtracks to his films and lecturing their clients about it. HBO doing a show "Leaving Hollywood" with Kew Media (oops, sorry, not with them anymore). Infinite number of opinion pieces will be produced by that whatshername from The Guardian. Etc.

I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Sorry to hear this.

Charles Thomson made a mini-thread about Simon Warr’s story of being falsely accused:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...212181504.html

Recommended reading for everyone here.
    A BBC article about him with a little interview snippet. It's heartbreaking what he went through.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-51619758

Simon Warr false abuse claims worse than fatal diagnoses

A BBC broadcaster has spoken of how receiving a terminal cancer diagnosis was not as bad as he found being falsely accused of child sex abuse.

Former teacher Simon Warr, 65, died from pancreatic and liver cancer.

He was accused of child sex offences in 2012 but was later cleared.

Speaking to BBC Radio Suffolk in the week before he died, he said the accusations led to the "worst period of my life" and he thought the "stress and anxiety" might have caused his cancers.

Warr, who appeared on Channel 4's That'll Teach 'Em, said it was too late to undergo treatment by the time he was diagnosed on New Year's Eve.

He said it came as a shock because he had led a healthy lifestyle and was "extremely fit" for his age.

Warr said it was unknown for how long he had had the "hidden cancer" but doctors had asked whether he had experienced any recent trauma.

He said the false allegations "caused me years of anxiety and strife, almost drove me to the cusp of suicide".

Warr, who often appeared on BBC Radio Suffolk, said: "When I die, it still won't be as bad as that."

He added: "I was in a more of a distressed state then than I am now because the difference is when you're accused of child abuse it takes away everything you have worked for; it strips you bare.

"A lot of people don't wait for verdicts; don't wait for outcomes of these things. You get disgusting messages sent to you. It is awful."

Warr was cleared of the charges when a jury returned a not guilty verdict within 30 minutes.

He said the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) then undertook its own investigation, that took until February 2015, followed by a separate investigation by the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL).

Warr, who was cleared by all investigations in July 2016, said he wanted to be remembered as a "figure of fun" and said meeting Dawn French on The One Show, on which he dressed as a headmaster, was one of the highlights of his life.

Here's the full interview:

Last edited by ozemouze; Today at 12:59 AM.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,511 Times in 941 Posts

Sweet karma and victory. Oh what happy day. I’m gonna sleep like a baby tonight.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    So... I guess now all the films produced by the Weinstein Company will be cancelled. Oprah specials and aftershows will follow, with SA victims in the audience, calling the world to cancel Hollywood. Gayle pressing questions to her guests connected to Weinstein (ca. half of Hollywood) about what they knew. The Simpsons removing their shows referencing films by his company. Zoe Krawitz and her snobs refusing to sell soundtracks to his films and lecturing their clients about it. HBO doing a show "Leaving Hollywood" with Kew Media (oops, sorry, not with them anymore). Infinite number of opinion pieces will be produced by that whatshername from The Guardian. Etc.

Yeap im sat waiting😅😉😈 still waiting.......