Page 1140 of 1180 FirstFirst ... 140640104010901130113811391140114111421150 ... LastLast
Results 17,086 to 17,100 of 17694

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

   
  1. #17086
    Points: 24,946, Level: 95
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,219
    Points
    24,946
    Level
    95
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 930 Times in 422 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    I really don't care about this doc to be honest. did it fail? i live in the US so i didn't care and didn't aired here anyway.
    I don't know what the ratings were, but I can't imagine too many people were interested, even with everyone shut inside from the lockdown. Most people have already made their mind up about Michael by now anyway.


    Help Staff help you. Remember:

    Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.


  2. #17087
    Points: 12,113, Level: 72
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Toronto , ON
    Posts
    1,842
    Points
    12,113
    Level
    72
    Thanks
    4,220
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 930 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Weinstein reached a settlement before his conviction. Why? Because he was guilty. No amount of $$ will change that.
    With MJs extortion settlement nothing stopped the Chandlers from prosecuting in the criminal case. If sneddon had evidense he would of used it.

  3. #17088
    Points: 35,009, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands (Groningen)
    Posts
    5,387
    Points
    35,009
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 577 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    Weinstein reached a settlement before his conviction. Why? Because he was guilty. No amount of $$ will change that.
    With MJs extortion settlement nothing stopped the Chandlers from prosecuting in the criminal case. If sneddon had evidense he would of used it.
    Exactly! This is what I always say when people argue that a innocent man wouldn't settle. But then I give these details and they call you a pedo apologist, obsessed or you just straight up never hear from them again, lol.

    What do you all think, should MJ have fought against it like he did with Arvizo or was it a wise decision? I can definitely understand that he didn't want a long drawn out situation like how the trial was, but at the same time I wish he had declined to settle at all.

  4. #17089
    Points: 1,076, Level: 17
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    47
    Points
    1,076
    Level
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 51 Times in 24 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    TheGuardian and BBC are posting articles like "How Jackson Got Away With It All" and "We Didn't Need A Documentary - We Already Knew".

    Gag me.

  5. #17090
    Points: 12,113, Level: 72
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Toronto , ON
    Posts
    1,842
    Points
    12,113
    Level
    72
    Thanks
    4,220
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 930 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by Staffordshire Bullterrier View Post
    Exactly! This is what I always say when people argue that a innocent man wouldn't settle. But then I give these details and they call you a pedo apologist, obsessed or you just straight up never hear from them again, lol.

    What do you all think, should MJ have fought against it like he did with Arvizo or was it a wise decision? I can definitely understand that he didn't want a long drawn out situation like how the trial was, but at the same time I wish he had declined to settle at all.
    The people like that are just ignorant and dont care about the truth. They want to believe he did these things which is sick.
    Mj didnt want to settle. He didnt want to give in to Evans demands. Unfortunately Mj lost several notions/judgements that he should have won easily. His insurance company ended up paying the extortion but Mj was still against it. I think he regretted how the 93 case ended later on for sure.

  6. #17091
    Points: 15,040, Level: 79
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    26,503
    Points
    15,040
    Level
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 606 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    There was no choice but to settle because of the several motions that he lost that went against the constitution. The law was then changed afterwards to give people protection from a civil case happening before a criminal one.mj had no protection. it would have allowed the civil case to happen before the crim one therefore allowing sneddon to sit in the courtroom,hear mjs defence and build a crim case around it. We saw how he did that with the arvizo case. Changing the timeline several times when he realised mj was not even there to carry about abuse.

    Ray chandler openly admitted they only wanted money and had no intrest in going to criminal court

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:


  8. #17092
    Points: 15,040, Level: 79
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    26,503
    Points
    15,040
    Level
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 606 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Next door neighbour blasting out E.S while under lockdown😆

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:


  10. #17093
    Points: 18,503, Level: 86
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,406
    Points
    18,503
    Level
    86
    Thanks
    1,247
    Thanked 3,443 Times in 1,559 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by DangerUs'91 View Post
    TheGuardian and BBC are posting articles like "How Jackson Got Away With It All" and "We Didn't Need A Documentary - We Already Knew".

    Gag me.
    They do not nothing. Amazing with all the lies revealed in COURT, these low life UK media not think that was the truth but some lying idiots, they believe it. The TRUTH is these media in the UK never liked MJ for whatever reason. I was in London in 1992 and they treated MJ like trash that year and this was BEFORE the accusation. They are also the ones who labeled MJ that racist name "W**** J***** so what they say means nothing.
    Mike's PYT

  11. #17094
    Points: 28,814, Level: 99
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,186
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,974
    Points
    28,814
    Level
    99
    Thanks
    4,822
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,680 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    L (and I cannot emphasize this enough..!!) OL

    Doc Makers Dan Reed & Nick Broomfield Threaten Legal Action As Their Films Feature In Kew Media Fire Sale

    EXCLUSIVE: Two of the UK’s best-known documentary makers, Dan Reed and Nick Broomfield, are locked in an increasingly ugly dispute with the collapsed Kew Media Group over the international rights to their biggest films.

    Kew Media Group’s sales house, Kew Media Distribution, represented Reed’s Leaving Neverland — HBO and Channel 4’s Emmy-winning film on historic sexual abuse allegations against Michael Jackson — as well as a catalog of 30 Broomfield documentaries, including his BBC and Showtime film Whitney: Can I Be Me.

    The Canadian production and distribution empire crumbled in February and administrator FTI Consulting was called in to sell off the company’s assets, including Kew Media Distribution’s library of content. Prior to the collapse, Reed and Broomfield took action to terminate their contracts with Kew Media Distribution after it failed to pay them royalties on international sales, but Deadline understands that FTI is insisting that the deals are still valid.

    As such, the administrator is selling Kew Media Distribution’s catalog of 1,000 titles with Leaving Neverland and Broomfield’s projects included. Deadline has been told by four sources that final bids were accepted last Friday, with a number of interested parties circling. One person said the library was initially valued at up to £2M ($2.5M), but this has dropped significantly during the sales process, which has been fraught with complication due to rights disputes with producers.

    With FTI expected to make a decision on the sale imminently, Reed and Broomfield have told Deadline that they will not allow their work to be included in the deal. Both said they would be prepared to go to court if whoever buys Kew Media Distribution’s library tries to exploit the global rights to their films.

    “Way before Kew went into administration, we terminated the Leaving Neverland distribution contract for non-payment. They owe us a really significant chunk of money,” Amos Pictures boss Reed said. “We terminated that contract under English law, so I’m flabbergasted that the administrators now consider that that title is theirs to sell.”

    He added: “I want to put them on notice that they are not entitled to sell that film. It’s outrageous that having fallen down on their obligations and following a notice of termination, issued in accordance with the law, that they’re still pressing on with pretending they’re entitled to sell the program.”


    We’re a small company and Leaving Neverland is a big title. I’ve gone to considerable personal risk by going up against the Jackson estate. That is not something that you do lightly. I’m not going to let somebody take it away from me.”

    In a message to the companies bidding on the Kew Media Distribution library, Broomfield said: “This is my life’s work and I will strenuously defend that. We have terminated with Kew. Don’t think that you’re going to be able to buy my library because you can’t… I will do whatever I need to do to protect my rights on my work. My lawyer is already handling negotiations and we will take this as far as we need to.”

    Both Reed and Broomfield are arguing that Kew Media Distribution’s failure to pay royalties represented a “repudiatory breach” of contract, a legal term that means the breach is deemed so serious that the aggrieved party can simply end the arrangement. Both have consulted with their lawyers in reaching this conclusion. However, Paul Hastings LLP, the law firm representing FTI, disagrees and has made clear that FTI intends to continue commercial discussions regarding distribution arrangements.

    An FTI spokesman said: “The joint administrators, alongside their legal counsel, are in the process of considering all the distribution and licensing arrangements in place including between various producers and Kew. Any claims to termination or otherwise will be dealt with in accordance with the terms of the relevant distribution agreements. We appreciate the continued patience of producers and customers, as we continue to work through a complex situation with over 1,000 titles.”

    Reed and Broomfield said they intend to find new distribution partners for their work. Reed said he is also continuing to chase the money he is owed for the sales of Leaving Neverland. “We will get together and if necessary combine with the other creditors to fight and recover as much as possible from the sale of Kew and its assets,” he said.

    Broomfield argued that it was Kew Media Group, rather than the distribution arm, that was at fault for the payment issues, which he said stretched back to autumn last year. He was waiting on a “big payment” from Netflix for the Whitney Houston documentary, but it did not materialize for months. Other money did not arrive at all, meaning he had issues funding films including his latest project: a follow-up to 2002’s Biggie & Tupac focusing on Suge Knight, the former head of Death Row Records.

    In an in-depth report on Kew Media Group’s collapse, Deadline revealed that the company was dipping into the accounts of its distributors, Kew Media Distribution and TCB Media Rights, to cash flow the business when it ran into financial difficulty last year. The empire is currently being broken up piece-by-piece, with producers including Essential Media Group and Collins Avenue exiting. TCB, the profitable UK distributor, is on the brink of an exit, while Alex Gibney’s Jigsaw Productions is another asset that will be sold.

    https://deadline.com/2020/04/dan-ree...le-1202897389/

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Edited to add a small footnote, to say that Kew Media doesn't seem to be getting much for the sale of some of its component parts;

    eg. TCB Media Rights has secured its exit from the collapsed Canadian TV empire Kew Media Group. The deal apparently valued TCB at under $2.6M.
    Heaney sold the business to Kew Media Group for £6.3M ($7.8M) in cash and shares in 2017....

    So that's a sale price of over $5m less than the acquisition price only 2-and-a-bit years earlier. So the overall 'Kew Media' pot of money that Reed hopes to be paid from won't be very big.

    https://deadline.com/2020/04/tcb-med...al-1202892997/
    Last edited by myosotis; 02-04-2020 at 06:47 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:


  13. #17095
    Points: 15,040, Level: 79
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    26,503
    Points
    15,040
    Level
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 606 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    😂😂😂😂😂😈😈😈😈

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:


  15. #17096
    Points: 34,944, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    PoP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    34,944
    Level
    100
    Blog Entries
    24
    Thanks
    740
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,007 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    L (and I cannot emphasize this enough..!!) OL

    Doc Makers Dan Reed & Nick Broomfield Threaten Legal Action As Their Films Feature In Kew Media Fire Sale

    EXCLUSIVE: Two of the UK’s best-known documentary makers, Dan Reed and Nick Broomfield, are locked in an increasingly ugly dispute with the collapsed Kew Media Group over the international rights to their biggest films.

    Kew Media Group’s sales house, Kew Media Distribution, represented Reed’s Leaving Neverland — HBO and Channel 4’s Emmy-winning film on historic sexual abuse allegations against Michael Jackson — as well as a catalog of 30 Broomfield documentaries, including his BBC and Showtime film Whitney: Can I Be Me.

    The Canadian production and distribution empire crumbled in February and administrator FTI Consulting was called in to sell off the company’s assets, including Kew Media Distribution’s library of content. Prior to the collapse, Reed and Broomfield took action to terminate their contracts with Kew Media Distribution after it failed to pay them royalties on international sales, but Deadline understands that FTI is insisting that the deals are still valid.

    As such, the administrator is selling Kew Media Distribution’s catalog of 1,000 titles with Leaving Neverland and Broomfield’s projects included. Deadline has been told by four sources that final bids were accepted last Friday, with a number of interested parties circling. One person said the library was initially valued at up to £2M ($2.5M), but this has dropped significantly during the sales process, which has been fraught with complication due to rights disputes with producers.

    With FTI expected to make a decision on the sale imminently, Reed and Broomfield have told Deadline that they will not allow their work to be included in the deal. Both said they would be prepared to go to court if whoever buys Kew Media Distribution’s library tries to exploit the global rights to their films.

    “Way before Kew went into administration, we terminated the Leaving Neverland distribution contract for non-payment. They owe us a really significant chunk of money,” Amos Pictures boss Reed said. “We terminated that contract under English law, so I’m flabbergasted that the administrators now consider that that title is theirs to sell.”

    He added: “I want to put them on notice that they are not entitled to sell that film. It’s outrageous that having fallen down on their obligations and following a notice of termination, issued in accordance with the law, that they’re still pressing on with pretending they’re entitled to sell the program.”


    We’re a small company and Leaving Neverland is a big title. I’ve gone to considerable personal risk by going up against the Jackson estate. That is not something that you do lightly. I’m not going to let somebody take it away from me.”

    In a message to the companies bidding on the Kew Media Distribution library, Broomfield said: “This is my life’s work and I will strenuously defend that. We have terminated with Kew. Don’t think that you’re going to be able to buy my library because you can’t… I will do whatever I need to do to protect my rights on my work. My lawyer is already handling negotiations and we will take this as far as we need to.”

    Both Reed and Broomfield are arguing that Kew Media Distribution’s failure to pay royalties represented a “repudiatory breach” of contract, a legal term that means the breach is deemed so serious that the aggrieved party can simply end the arrangement. Both have consulted with their lawyers in reaching this conclusion. However, Paul Hastings LLP, the law firm representing FTI, disagrees and has made clear that FTI intends to continue commercial discussions regarding distribution arrangements.

    An FTI spokesman said: “The joint administrators, alongside their legal counsel, are in the process of considering all the distribution and licensing arrangements in place including between various producers and Kew. Any claims to termination or otherwise will be dealt with in accordance with the terms of the relevant distribution agreements. We appreciate the continued patience of producers and customers, as we continue to work through a complex situation with over 1,000 titles.”

    Reed and Broomfield said they intend to find new distribution partners for their work. Reed said he is also continuing to chase the money he is owed for the sales of Leaving Neverland. “We will get together and if necessary combine with the other creditors to fight and recover as much as possible from the sale of Kew and its assets,” he said.

    Broomfield argued that it was Kew Media Group, rather than the distribution arm, that was at fault for the payment issues, which he said stretched back to autumn last year. He was waiting on a “big payment” from Netflix for the Whitney Houston documentary, but it did not materialize for months. Other money did not arrive at all, meaning he had issues funding films including his latest project: a follow-up to 2002’s Biggie & Tupac focusing on Suge Knight, the former head of Death Row Records.

    In an in-depth report on Kew Media Group’s collapse, Deadline revealed that the company was dipping into the accounts of its distributors, Kew Media Distribution and TCB Media Rights, to cash flow the business when it ran into financial difficulty last year. The empire is currently being broken up piece-by-piece, with producers including Essential Media Group and Collins Avenue exiting. TCB, the profitable UK distributor, is on the brink of an exit, while Alex Gibney’s Jigsaw Productions is another asset that will be sold.

    https://deadline.com/2020/04/dan-ree...le-1202897389/
    Wah! Wah! Wah! Now Robotnik Reeks is suing Kew Media over distribution being dead? Waaaaah! Waaaaaah! Why don’t you ship your sorry lying fking @$$ where crybabies like you belong...to Montreal!

    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:


  17. #17097
    Points: 5,049, Level: 45
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    679
    Points
    5,049
    Level
    45
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 451 Times in 239 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    They do not nothing. Amazing with all the lies revealed in COURT, these low life UK media not think that was the truth but some lying idiots, they believe it. The TRUTH is these media in the UK never liked MJ for whatever reason. I was in London in 1992 and they treated MJ like trash that year and this was BEFORE the accusation. They are also the ones who labeled MJ that racist name "W**** J***** so what they say means nothing.
    So was I but I normally live in Sweden. I remember the Mirror ran a story about his face falling apart. A picture by a Ken Lennox I think which looked really manipulated but they said it wasn’t and before that it was the rasist name like you said. Actually that was my first impression of MJ at about 1985 (I was 11) . Defended him from how the press treated him before I seriously became a fan of his music then the Bad album came out. But here we still are in 2020.

  18. #17098
    Points: 55,413, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    His last Photo Shoot.
    Posts
    7,185
    Points
    55,413
    Level
    100
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    12,809
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,060 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by La74 View Post
    So was I but I normally live in Sweden. I remember the Mirror ran a story about his face falling apart. A picture by a Ken Lennox I think which looked really manipulated but they said it wasn’t and before that it was the rasist name like you said. Actually that was my first impression of MJ at about 1985 (I was 11) . Defended him from how the press treated him before I seriously became a fan of his music then the Bad album came out. But here we still are in 2020.
    Ken Lennox- "This is the nose" ...June 1992 - Ugh still haunts me to this day

    a scarred phantom whose face is covered with scar tissues, with a hole in his nose, one cheek higher than the other and an oddly sagging chin''
    Michael was 33 and beautiful when he sued lennox.

    I am a child of the Moon , Being raised by the Sun, In an earth filled with Pain , With a sky full of Hope.

    RIP Dearest M. Thank You For My Childhood Memories. ILY.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to wendijane For This Useful Post:


  20. #17099
    Points: 12,113, Level: 72
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Toronto , ON
    Posts
    1,842
    Points
    12,113
    Level
    72
    Thanks
    4,220
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 930 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    There was no choice but to settle because of the several motions that he lost that went against the constitution. The law was then changed afterwards to give people protection from a civil case happening before a criminal one.mj had no protection. it would have allowed the civil case to happen before the crim one therefore allowing sneddon to sit in the courtroom,hear mjs defence and build a crim case around it. We saw how he did that with the arvizo case. Changing the timeline several times when he realised mj was not even there to carry about abuse.

    Ray chandler openly admitted they only wanted money and had no intrest in going to criminal court
    Did ray say that in his book? We know the facts. 93 was an extortion plot. Plain and simple.

  21. #17100
    Points: 18,503, Level: 86
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,406
    Points
    18,503
    Level
    86
    Thanks
    1,247
    Thanked 3,443 Times in 1,559 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Dan Reed comments prove this was money making scheme. Nothing more.
    Mike's PYT

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •