Page 1175 of 1189 FirstFirst ... 175675107511251165117311741175117611771185 ... LastLast
Results 17,611 to 17,625 of 17831

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,458 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Mj estate won against HBO!

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 791 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by 8701girl View Post
    They did?

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,171 Posts

Hello, visitor from the future.
    Thanks for confirming what we already knew in 2020. Will it take long?
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

I hope it’s true. Source? Can’t find anything on the internet nor twitter

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doggone View Post
    I hope it’s true. Source? Can’t find anything on the internet nor twitter
    It’s not.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,643 Times in 1,725 Posts

This appears to be both untrue and in the wrong thread - also without any reference as to where the story might have come from. It's a bit upsetting to come here and find news that everyone is hoping for, but that has no source or evidence

As far as we know, the Estate vs HBO case will be going on for years. It's not even in 'main session' at the moment, as it's taken a side-turn on other legal principles.

In any case, any 'happenings' in the HBO case belong in this thread:

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-vs-HBO/page19
    Last edited by myosotis; 27-05-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,020 Posts

Do you have proof? If there isn’t, then it’s not true, because it’s fabricated to fool us or you just don’t have proof.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

UK 'Guardian' hack and MJ hater 'HF' (I won't give her the satisfaction of her name in print here), once again uses an article about a third party to attack Michael. Sadly she seems to have missed all the teaching about journalism, research and ethics when she learned her trade. Almost everything she says about the injustice of the Allen case can be applied to MJ. It's a really long article, so just the essential 'lowlights' here. :

'Do I really care?' Woody Allen comes out fighting.

The 1992 accusation that the film-maker sexually assaulted his young daughter has made him a pariah, yet he was never charged. In this exclusive interview, he explains why he is done with treading carefully.... So, even though our interview is supposed to be about his latest film, A Rainy Day in New York, we spend the hour talking about the scandal that has overshadowed his career for the past 25 years and, for many, obscured it.

...There is a much greater awareness today of the prevalence of sexual abuse than there was in 1992 and the public is increasingly fearful of being on the wrong side of history; to question any woman’s story is, in the eyes of many, to be a rape apologist.

So the old allegation against Allen has been accorded more power than it ever had, especially among a generation that was barely born in the 90s. He is now routinely named – by journalists, the Farrows and the public – alongside Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby, both of whom are convicted of multiple offences, their crimes going back decades. I covered the Weinstein and Cosby cases, as well as many other stories about high-profile men either convicted or accused of sexual offences: Michael Jackson, R Kelly, Jimmy Savile, Jeffrey Epstein, Larry Nassar. All of them were accused of attacking multiple victims; their pattern of predatory behaviour spanned their lifetime. Allen was accused of one instance of molestation and not only was he not convicted, but he was never even charged; photos of him in court with Farrow are from their custody battle over their children, not from a criminal trial. Why doesn’t he sue when the New York Times calls him a “monster” alongside Epstein and Weinstein?

''It doesn’t pay to sue. Do I really want to be tabloid fodder for two years and go to court? And do I really care?” he says.

.. when he describes the allegation’s recent resurgence, his frustration burns off the page. He writes about “well-meaning citizens, brimming with moral indignation, only too happy to nobly take a stand on an issue they had absolutely no knowledge of” while other outsiders “rushed to outdo one another in profiles of courage. By God, they were against child molestation and were not afraid to say it.”

Actors who worked with Allen after the original scandal but before the change in public mood ...expressed their deepest remorse. Those who refuse to do so ....are publicly shamed.

.....I ask how he feels about the actors who denounce him. “It’s silly. The actors have no idea of the facts and they latch on to some self-serving, public, safe position. Who in the world is not against child molestation?” he says. “That’s how actors and actresses are, and [denouncing me] became the fashionable thing to do, like everybody suddenly eating kale.” External opinion is meaningless.

That said, Allen makes sure to include in his book an amusingly pointed story about Timothée Chalamet, who stars in Rainy Day: “Timothée afterward publicly stated he regretted working with me and was giving the money to charity. But he swore to my sister he needed to do that as he was up for an Oscar for Call Me By Your Name, and he and his agent felt he had a better chance of winning if he denounced me, so he did.”

........Many will argue that, as a wealthy white man, Allen was protected by authorities (although Allen writes in his memoir that one doctor involved in the case believed the Connecticut police were antisemitic). But assuming guilt in a person who was never charged is a morally precarious position – and to do so about a case that has long been mired in misinformation and misunderstanding bulldozes through any concept of due process.

It is almost 30 years since Allen was first accused of molestation; by this point, almost everything people think they know about the case is wrong.

....So I ask, given that he knows what people think about him, did he not consider ditching the plotline about the middle-aged director lusting after a college student, or declining to make a joke in his memoir about Johansson’s pheromones? ...“No, I never think about that for a second,” he says. “ It’s hard enough to get a good joke for the situation. That’s what you concern yourself with. The rest is of absolutely no importance.” In other words: Allen does not think he needs to tread carefully, because he has done nothing wrong.

...“This plays into my poetic fantasies to be an artist whose work isn’t seen in his own country and is forced, because of injustice, to have his public abroad. Henry Miller comes to mind. DH Lawrence. James Joyce. I see myself standing amongst them defiantly.

Allen is innocent: this is according to the law and the agencies that investigated him. Dylan and Ronan believe he is guilty. It is the latter view that has led some to lobby universities to drop him from film courses, exclude his movies from film festivals and talk about him as if he were a criminal. But this attitude is immoral unless it is proved he committed a crime – and, 28 years later, no one has been able to pin so much as a parking fine on him.''

I'll end this extract with the line that HF began her article with, as it sums up her article very well:
    When Woody Allen was 20, the writer Danny Simon taught him a few rules about comedy, the most important of which was this: always trust your own judgment, because external opinion is meaningless.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...s-out-fighting
    Last edited by myosotis; 29-05-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    All of them were accused of attacking multiple victims; their pattern of predatory behaviour spanned their lifetime.
    How she jumps from accusations to actual behaviour within one sentence is just – wow.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    UK 'Guardian' hack and MJ hater 'HF' (I won't give her the satisfaction of her name in print here)
    That woman is obsessed on an unhealthy level.

Michael Jackson, R Kelly, Jimmy Savile, Jeffrey Epstein, Larry Nassar
    Balance and proportion are important. :/ She had to put MJ first on that list, ahead of convicted ones and/or those who were accused by hundreds. Plus guess what the first two have in common...

The funniest thing is this woman isn't very bright, so I have a feeling this isn't even her conviction. That's what she saw around her (Allen is cool, intellectuals' favorite, while MJ is just a weird song and dance man), and that's what she copies stubbornly, without any independent thought.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,473 Times in 1,577 Posts

She makes herself looks stupid
    Out of all these men, mj is the only one who has people debunking the claims and accusers are proven liars. She is only exposing herself.and to judge mj but to defend woody allen is a joke and makes her look foolish. Her stupidity comes through until it is almost laughable
    Last edited by terrell; 29-05-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    Mike's PYT

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,020 Posts

Talk about a Grade A stupid level on her part. How utterly pathetic of her.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 638 Posts

Of course shes gonna defend allen.shes a no name trying to please her bosses and garner attention for herself by going along with the agenda.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,473 Times in 1,577 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Of course shes gonna defend allen.shes a no name trying to please her bosses and garner attention for herself by going along with the agenda.
    Well she is failing badly
    Mike's PYT

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I've moved this article from the thread 'Articles discussing MJ's art.'

The main content (a discussion of Billie Jean) isn't relevant in this LN thread, but as it was written by Dorian Lynskey - a music writer for the Guardian and Observer as well as magazines including Q, GQ and Mojo, and the author of '33 Revolutions Per Minute: A History of Protest Songs' (Faber)- maybe this sentence gives some encouragement amid 'cancel culture', printed as it is in 'The Guardian'. (on the same day as the article written above).

The 100 greatest UK No 1s: No 6, Michael Jackson – Billie Jean

Despite his downfall, certain of his songs have been deemed too good to lose, and Billie Jean tops the list. Billie Jean is not cancelled. Whatever personal arrangement you may have come to regarding the life and music of Michael Jackson, the culture at large has made its decision. In radio stations, gyms, cafes and wedding dancefloors (at least when they were open) certain of his songs have been deemed too good to lose, and Billie Jean tops the list.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...on-billie-jean

(Link given not to encourage clicks, but because they are required here when mentioning a press article, I understand)

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post: