Page 1185 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 1856851085113511751183118411851186 LastLast
Results 17,761 to 17,775 of 17788

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,151 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Sometimes I regret asking a question.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 767 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    I agree. i'm with ya.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    It's not manipulation. Michael said himself in LWMJ that he had slept in the bed with children.

Bashir: Did you ever sleep in the bed with [Gavin and Star]?
    Michael: No. But I have slept in a bed with many children. I'd sleep in a bed with all of them.

No matter how innocent it was that still doesn't make it appropriate in current western society.
    He ALSO said that he SHARED ( gave his bed) to all kinds of children and families, not just boys. THATs the problem that I have with the manipulation of words. The media and the public want to say that Michael only “slept” with boys because they WANT him to be gay. Do you ever wonder why the media and others completely IGNORE that Michael SPECIFICALLY stated that he SHARED his bed with CHILDREN? Again, the sick media wants to perpetuate the false narrative that Micharl “sleeps” with boys, in order to fit their narrative/ agenda of him being gay.
    At least, I am thankful that some fans are now saying the word” children “instead of just spewing out the word “boys”. Thats a minuscule improvement and every moment that shows some AWARENESS is welcomed. I don’t have much faith that the ignorant media and haters will ever change their narrative because they have an agenda. Hopefully, fans will continue to realize that WORDS DO MATTER.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to somewhereinthedark For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,019 Posts

Society are just a bunch of idiots when it comes to Michael and kids, they should be ashamed of themselves for judging this for countless years, that’s part of the reasons why I have trust issues towards people and I don’t trust society for ruining everything (ex. Halloween).
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by somewhereinthedark View Post
    He ALSO said that he SHARED ( gave his bed) to all kinds of children and families, not just boys. THATs the problem that I have with the manipulation of words. The media and the public want to say that Michael only “slept” with boys because they WANT him to be gay. Do you ever wonder why the media and others completely IGNORE that Michael SPECIFICALLY stated that he SHARED his bed with CHILDREN? Again, the sick media wants to perpetuate the false narrative that Micharl “sleeps” with boys, in order to fit their narrative/ agenda of him being gay.
    At least, I am thankful that some fans are now saying the word” children “instead of just spewing out the word “boys”. Thats a minuscule improvement and every moment that shows some AWARENESS is welcomed. I don’t have much faith that the ignorant media and haters will ever change their narrative because they have an agenda. Hopefully, fans will continue to realize that WORDS DO MATTER.
    You take offense at fans using the word 'boys' as if fans are the ones suggesting something. It's not a matter of "awareness" and it's not the fans suggesting anything. The cases involve boys and the media talk about the boys, so of course the fact that those children he let in his bed included boys is going to be the focus when discussing why it wasn't a good idea.

Help Staff help you. Remember:

Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Have you all just been waiting for a cue? I feel like in a shark tank right now.

Can someone please help me with my question?

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Whenever I see people discussing LN on Twitter and the other side runs out of arguments, they almost always say something along the lines of “but he slept in bed with children”. Which is of course not a crime.

Now, last night I was watching a couple of ET News videos, and found this little gem from 2003, right after the Bashir crap aired and Sneddon initially dismissed the requests for an investigation:

I’m now looking for the primary source of this quote. Can someone here help me out with Sneddon’s press release, interview or whatever it was?

Also, feel free to use the screenshot in your discussions if you find it useful.
    Unfortunately I can't answer your question, but it was a funny course of responses.

Guys, the above mentioned quote is from Sneddon, not MJ.

I've only found this article mentioning the same quote: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2735315.stm

Santa Barbara County District Attorney Thomas Sneddon said that under the state's law sleeping with a child without "affirmative, offensive conduct" was not a criminal offence.

"Sleeping in bed with a kid is not a crime that I know of," Mr Sneddon told the Santa Barbara News-Press.
    Perhaps it was just a short statement sent to the Santa Barbara News-Press after the Bashir fiasco.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    Unfortunately I can't answer your question, but it was a funny course of responses.

Guys, the above mentioned quote is from Sneddon, not MJ.

I've only found this article mentioning the same quote: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2735315.stm

Perhaps it was just a short statement sent to the Santa Barbara News-Press after the Bashir fiasco.
    Yes, the fact that Tom Sneddon said this is why I posted it. It’s unfortunate that ET News used a photo of MJ instead of Sneddon, but the quote is an interesting find, in my opinion.

Having the statement corroborated by BBC News is already very helpful. Thank you.

Now, if someone has the Santa Barbara News-Press document, that would be even better! Anyone?
    Last edited by ScreenOrigami; 30-06-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

It's a great find BTW! The “but he slept in bed with children” line is indeed the usual last resort after all guilter arguments got discredited - imagine destroy that too with a Sneddon quote!

It would be nice to obtain the original Santa Barbara News-Press article.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Sneddon did say something along the same lines in his press release dated February 6th, where he started to fish for “victims” to come forward.

But it’s of course not as snappy as the ET News quote.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

It's so absurd to read reasonable sentences from Sneddon :/ (especially as you know he was about to/already fishing for victims and sneaking his card to the Arvizos). One may say he was just acting professionally, but not when you witnessed how unprofessional he was most of the time. The most probable solution is that these statements were written by others on behalf of the DA office.

It's very unfortunate indeed that ET couldn't use a Sneddon picture for that quote :/ (it's rare that you miss to see him, but that's definitely the case). It would be just perfect to use that screenshot then.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

It's very unfortunate indeed that ET couldn't use a Sneddon picture for that quote :/ (it's rare that you miss to see him, but that's definitely the case). It would be just perfect to use that screenshot then.
    In the news segment, they show a video clip of Sneddon right before the quote, so in context it could hardly be misinterpreted. ET News in general often seemed to be very fair to MJ. At least that’s my impression.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

In the news segment, they show a video clip of Sneddon right before the quote, so in context it could hardly be misinterpreted. ET News in general often seemed to be very fair to MJ. At least that’s my impression.
    It's nice to hear they were fair. I understand it was clear in the given context, it's just a pity the picture itself can't really be used as a a quick reference like this. It would be so nice though, instead of getting involved into further arguments, finding videos about the size of MJ's bedroom and the other usual stuff, you could just end the topic with a quote by Sneddon of all people saying it's not a crime!

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

It's nice to hear they were fair. I understand it was clear in the given context, it's just a pity the picture itself can't really be used as a a quick reference like this. It would be so nice though, instead of getting involved into further arguments, finding videos about the size of MJ's bedroom and the other usual stuff, you could just end the topic with a quote by Sneddon of all people saying it's not a crime!
    You know what, I’m going to use it anyway. Should be very revealing when someone mistakes it for an MJ quote, because that shows how they come to the wrong conclusions by not actually reading what’s presented to them.

And of course there’s also a Tweet to go along with it. I don’t think the photo is that much of a problem here, all things considered.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 631 Posts

At the same time sneddon was pushing his business card under the arvizos door hoping they would work with him to set mj up

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post: