Page 1186 of 1199 FirstFirst ... 186686108611361176118411851186118711881196 ... LastLast
Results 17,776 to 17,790 of 17985

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

   
  1. #17776
    Points: 3,553, Level: 37
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    850
    Points
    3,553
    Level
    37
    Thanks
    2,911
    Thanked 923 Times in 497 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    You know what, I’m going to use it anyway. Should be very revealing when someone mistakes it for an MJ quote, because that shows how they come to the wrong conclusions by not actually reading what’s presented to them.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that angle too. Plus if they start to argue with the quote (thinking it's by MJ), it can be pointed out it's actually Sneddon they disagree with.

    Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    At the same time sneddon was pushing his business card under the arvizos door hoping they would work with him to set mj up
    Sure. These statements obviously came from some real professional from the DA Office, not Sneddon himself. He never acted or spoke in a professional manner when you could actually witness his behavior: in press conferences or not to mention his performance at the trial, where he was so disorganized that he had to stand down basically and let Zonen do the job (he lost the "trial of his carrier" even before the verdict).

    But it's still the official legal standpoint they had to release, and should have proceeded accordingly, and as such, worth for quoting.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:


  3. #17777
    Points: 3,553, Level: 37
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    850
    Points
    3,553
    Level
    37
    Thanks
    2,911
    Thanked 923 Times in 497 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]



    I'm not sure if this Scott Ross interview was talked about here before. It's just a funny montage to highlight the contradictions (full video here, not just about the MJ case: https://youtu.be/N7cchBnulgQ), and some of the things he says were already known (he worked together with Shane Robson and considers him a friend).

    What I've found interesting here is that they also worked together weeks before LN came out, but Shane didn't tell him anything about it. It's already strange to work with someone who you think is a complicit in a crime, but it's the "not saying anything about it" part is what caught my ear. Shane also knows it's a scam, and was ashamed about it when facing Ross? Why wouldn't he talk about it, moreover confront Ross if he believed Wade?
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:


  5. #17778
    Points: 10,047, Level: 66
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    3,268
    Points
    10,047
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    498
    Thanked 951 Times in 477 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    It's not manipulation. Michael said himself in LWMJ that he had slept in the bed with children.

    Bashir: Did you ever sleep in the bed with [Gavin and Star]?
    Michael: No. But I have slept in a bed with many children. I'd sleep in a bed with all of them.

    No matter how innocent it was that still doesn't make it appropriate in current western society.
    I know we're not having this debate, but I didn't take Michael at his word here. Given that he prefaced it with denying that he slept in a bed with Gavin, to me it was him saying to his critics in 1993 and beyond, 'you don't control me, I do what I want because I know I'm not a criminal'. A word of defiance, I didn't change because of what you accused me of doing, kind of thing. I think that was definitely an aspect of Michael's personality. He didn't like his clothing, or actions or appearance being limited by society's hang ups.

  6. #17779
    Points: 25,599, Level: 96
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 751
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,358
    Points
    25,599
    Level
    96
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 480 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I know we're not having this debate, but I didn't take Michael at his word here. Given that he prefaced it with denying that he slept in a bed with Gavin, to me it was him saying to his critics in 1993 and beyond, 'you don't control me, I do what I want because I know I'm not a criminal'. A word of defiance, I didn't change because of what you accused me of doing, kind of thing. I think that was definitely an aspect of Michael's personality. He didn't like his clothing, or actions or appearance being limited by society's hang ups.
    You can't describe protecting children from potential paedophiles as a "hang-up".


  7. #17780
    Points: 15,387, Level: 80
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 463
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    26,589
    Points
    15,387
    Level
    80
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 661 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Mj only let the shi$@/& and his family in his room along with cascio sharing the room to afford false protection because of his illness. Some of you talk as if every other random was in his room over the years

    This subject has so done its course Talk about flogging a dead horse. mj paid for his innocence, naivity,stupidity (you pick) it ruined his life and led to his early death because bashir set him up. Is that not enough ? Or do we have to keep using it as a stick to beat a dead man.

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:


  9. #17781
    Points: 18,744, Level: 86
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,454
    Points
    18,744
    Level
    86
    Thanks
    1,298
    Thanked 3,501 Times in 1,589 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Here is the thing when it comes to this issue, EVERYONE is correct in THEORY issue of bed sharing; HOWEVER, What Anna, Elusive moonwalker, etc are saying is the reality of society. Regardless if anyone agree with it or not, my stance on the issue is that does NOT give NO ONE right to LIE about abuse and falsely accuse anyone as these liars have done. Back on the issue itself, I wish MJ would have not been so trusting with STRANGERS (we all have to be careful even with certain family members let alone people who are not related to us). I understand MJ doing what he did because my grandmother did the same thing (she just was not rich and famous for someone to lie on her to try to make money). We live in an EVIL world and we all have to protect ourselves as much as we can from "trouble". I look at this situation just like I I look at guys who like to walk around with their pants hanging down, wearing hoodies, or women who like to wear clothes with everything hanging out. To me, those things are viewed inapporiate; however, it does not give no one the right to violate them or falsely accuse a guy of committing a crime all because someone think they look "suspicious" but it happens. Also, and lets keep it real, we have a double standard in society with it comes to this issue as well. MJ was man and black. If MJ was a woman and allowed kids in her room and on her bed, many people would not be as outrage like they are when it is a man. Also, MJ is black. Again, lets keep it REAL. People do not want to hear/see a MAN period letting kids in his room and when you add a black man being shown to let white kids or non black kids in his room, that is a double BIAS. Regardless if it is Fair or not, that is society. This is why haters keep throwing it up (even though MJ was innocent). This is why these LIARS are able to do what they are doing because they are preying on society bias and double standards on this issue. So again, I think everyone is correct; but the reality of it all, society on this issue can make your life difficult (worst is when you have $$$$ because people will scheme to find a way to try to get it) and MJ is proof of what can happen even when innocent.
    Mike's PYT

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:


  11. #17782
    Points: 7,476, Level: 57
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    824
    Points
    7,476
    Level
    57
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 438 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Mj only let the shi$@/& and his family in his room along with cascio sharing the room to afford false protection because of his illness. Some of you talk as if every other random was in his room over the years

    This subject has so done its course Talk about flogging a dead horse. mj paid for his innocence, naivity,stupidity (you pick) it ruined his life and led to his early death because bashir set him up. Is that not enough ? Or do we have to keep using it as a stick to beat a dead man.
    THANK YOU! I am also tired of the bull$#@*.

  12. #17783
    Points: 3,553, Level: 37
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    850
    Points
    3,553
    Level
    37
    Thanks
    2,911
    Thanked 923 Times in 497 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Mj only let the shi$@/& and his family in his room along with cascio sharing the room to afford false protection because of his illness. Some of you talk as if every other random was in his room over the years

    This subject has so done its course Talk about flogging a dead horse. mj paid for his innocence, naivity,stupidity (you pick) it ruined his life and led to his early death because bashir set him up. Is that not enough ? Or do we have to keep using it as a stick to beat a dead man.
    Thank you for this.

    It's a bit disheartening that even we fans can't miss an opportunity to harshly criticize MJ over and over for the same things he already paid an unproportionally high price for - all in the name of righteousness and objectivity.

    Yes, he wasn't perfect and made mistakes - like any other human being. He wasn't treated as such though, and this circumstance contributed to the tragic course of events much more than MJ's naivety/stupidity/faults. Making mistakes doesn't justify a broken system allowing an overzealous prosecutor trying to hunt you down over and over, or court decisions robbing you from your right to a fair trial, or false accusers, extortionists, lying and vindictive media.

    And no one should be treated as an abstract concept at best, and an object/caricature at worst.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:


  14. #17784
    Points: 18,778, Level: 86
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    18,778
    Level
    86
    Thanks
    2,310
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 852 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    Here is the thing when it comes to this issue, EVERYONE is correct in THEORY issue of bed sharing; HOWEVER, What Anna, Elusive moonwalker, etc are saying is the reality of society. Regardless if anyone agree with it or not, my stance on the issue is that does NOT give NO ONE right to LIE about abuse and falsely accuse anyone as these liars have done. Back on the issue itself, I wish MJ would have not been so trusting with STRANGERS (we all have to be careful even with certain family members let alone people who are not related to us). I understand MJ doing what he did because my grandmother did the same thing (she just was not rich and famous for someone to lie on her to try to make money). We live in an EVIL world and we all have to protect ourselves as much as we can from "trouble". I look at this situation just like I I look at guys who like to walk around with their pants hanging down, wearing hoodies, or women who like to wear clothes with everything hanging out. To me, those things are viewed inapporiate; however, it does not give no one the right to violate them or falsely accuse a guy of committing a crime all because someone think they look "suspicious" but it happens. Also, and lets keep it real, we have a double standard in society with it comes to this issue as well. MJ was man and black. If MJ was a woman and allowed kids in her room and on her bed, many people would not be as outrage like they are when it is a man. Also, MJ is black. Again, lets keep it REAL. People do not want to hear/see a MAN period letting kids in his room and when you add a black man being shown to let white kids or non black kids in his room, that is a double BIAS. Regardless if it is Fair or not, that is society. This is why haters keep throwing it up (even though MJ was innocent). This is why these LIARS are able to do what they are doing because they are preying on society bias and double standards on this issue. So again, I think everyone is correct; but the reality of it all, society on this issue can make your life difficult (worst is when you have $$$$ because people will scheme to find a way to try to get it) and MJ is proof of what can happen even when innocent.
    I agree. we live in a mess up world. what may seem innocent to some may seem bad to others. Michael was too pure and should of been careful who he hung out with.



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:


  16. #17785
    Points: 7,476, Level: 57
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    824
    Points
    7,476
    Level
    57
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 438 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    Thank you for this.

    It's a bit disheartening that even we fans can't miss an opportunity to harshly criticize MJ over and over for the same things he already paid an unproportionally high price for - all in the name of righteousness and objectivity.

    Yes, he wasn't perfect and made mistakes - like any other human being. He wasn't treated as such though, and this circumstance contributed to the tragic course of events much more than MJ's naivety/stupidity/faults. Making mistakes doesn't justify a broken system allowing an overzealous prosecutor trying to hunt you down over and over, or court decisions robbing you from your right to a fair trial, or false accusers, extortionists, lying and vindictive media.

    And no one should be treated as an abstract concept at best, and an object/caricature at worst.

    I agree. Seriously, I am so sick of these self-righteous fans who ALWAYS have to throw in a dig at Michael or stab him in the back in a so- called “objective “ way. What really pisses me off it’s the same fans who come up with this so-called objective BS, just for the sole reason of throwing a subtle “dagger” in Michael’s back. Fans are not stupid or naive, we see what those so-called “ objective” fans are doing. I say WTF at a fan or fans who ALWAYS have a negative spin to anything concerning Michael and these fake accusations. It’s the little slyly worded innuendos that make me most angry. Damn, if a fan does that type of thing, then why should we care what haters say. Of course, these so-called “objective” fans will be the first ones to stand on their soap box and get angry
    When he/she is called out. Hypocrisy at its worst.
    Last edited by somewhereinthedark; 03-07-2020 at 11:03 AM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to somewhereinthedark For This Useful Post:


  18. #17786
    Points: 10,047, Level: 66
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    3,268
    Points
    10,047
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    498
    Thanked 951 Times in 477 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    You can't describe protecting children from potential paedophiles as a "hang-up".
    I am speaking about this from Michael Jackson's perspective. Please understand that.

  19. #17787
    Points: 7,476, Level: 57
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    824
    Points
    7,476
    Level
    57
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 438 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post


    I'm not sure if this Scott Ross interview was talked about here before. It's just a funny montage to highlight the contradictions (full video here, not just about the MJ case: https://youtu.be/N7cchBnulgQ), and some of the things he says were already known (he worked together with Shane Robson and considers him a friend).

    What I've found interesting here is that they also worked together weeks before LN came out, but Shane didn't tell him anything about it. It's already strange to work with someone who you think is a complicit in a crime, but it's the "not saying anything about it" part is what caught my ear. Shane also knows it's a scam, and was ashamed about it when facing Ross? Why wouldn't he talk about it, moreover confront Ross if he believed Wade?
    This is just another piece of the puzzle that shows there is ZERO credence to the fake accusations of these scam artists. However, you still have some ignorant haters who want to keep this $#@& going. Sadly there are even some so-called “fans” who try to throw underhanded doubt and darts at Michael. Their rational for throwing these darts at Michael is based on pure conjecture, what the @#$&*#$ public/society thinks and innuendo.

  20. #17788
    Points: 25,599, Level: 96
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 751
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,358
    Points
    25,599
    Level
    96
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 480 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Quote Originally Posted by somewhereinthedark View Post
    I agree. Seriously, I am so sick of these self-righteous fans who ALWAYS have to throw in a dig at Michael or stab him in the back in a so- called “objective “ way. What really pisses me off it’s the same fans who come up with this so-called objective BS, just for the sole reason of throwing a subtle “dagger” in Michael’s back. Fans are not stupid or naive, we see what those so-called “ objective” fans are doing. I say WTF at a fan or fans who ALWAYS have a negative spin to anything concerning Michael and these fake accusations. It’s the little slyly worded innuendos that make me most angry. Damn, if a fan does that type of thing, then why should we care what haters say. Of course, these so-called “objective” fans will be the first ones to stand on their soap box and get angry
    When he/she is called out. Hypocrisy at its worst.
    You're the only one here who's always standing on their soap box getting angry. Your posts are always so aggressive. Chill. Accepting the reality of society is not stabbing Michael in the back. Good lord.


  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:


  22. #17789
    Points: 29,503, Level: 99
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,091
    Points
    29,503
    Level
    99
    Thanks
    4,927
    Thanked 4,689 Times in 1,746 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    You may recall that LN has been nominated for more than one BAFTA.

    BAFTA will be running a webinar with Reed and Cornell (Editor) as speakers (interested parties need to register online) :

    Hear from the creative teams behind two of 2019’s most talked-about documentaries ('Creative teams' - they got that right! completely fabricated!!)

    https://bafta.zoom.us/webinar/regist...urope%2FLondon


    21st July 2020 at 5.00 pm

    Last edited by myosotis; 05-07-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  23. #17790
    Points: 15,511, Level: 80
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Lightbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    IceoPlex
    Posts
    782
    Points
    15,511
    Level
    80
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 590 Times in 229 Posts

    Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

    Is it not possible to confirm or deny whether Robson went along with family to the grand canyon in any way? Not just the court documents where Joy states that the whole family went there. Something more, some staff at Neverland maybe could remember if Wade was there 5 days with Jackson ALONE?
    Last edited by Lightbringer; 06-07-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •