Page 1188 of 1199 FirstFirst ... 188688108811381178118611871188118911901198 ... LastLast
Results 17,806 to 17,820 of 17983

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,501 Times in 1,589 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    The media didn’t make Michael, so the media can’t break Michael. And they just can’t get over it.
    And he is not going down over some lies so the UK media can get over it like you said. They represent 1%
    of the bias media toward MJ, NOT the world who loves MJ and will celeb MJ and love MJ and that is what the UK media can not like.
    Mike's PYT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 850 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

I feel we all need to let Michael rest. i don't mean stop celebrating him. but news wise etc. he been gone for 11 years. there's really not much left to talk about him just the same old thing and his achievements.

while young people know who MJ is. there's some who don't. as fans we shouldn't always harass people if they make a bad story about Michael because they young and wasn't around when all of that happen.

so i would try talking to them. there a few people has change their views and rewrote their stories so there that.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 463
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 661 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    Again, what is it with the UK and this Irish time media? This fool does not speak for MOST (fans, semi fans, causal observers, etc). I have come to the conclusion that these writers in the UK/Irish just want MJ to fall. He talks about MJ's fan base will never accept any allegation against MJ. NO FOOL, fans and fair minded people will NOT ACCEPTS LIES PROVEN and BS. These writers sound stupid by the minute. The same theory he is trying to put on fans, that can said about HATERS like him. They are OBESSED, they can NOT accept the LIES told by these accusers, etc. I can not stand these types of writers. They clearly know nothing and just want to use MJ to make money. He does not care about facts. So what now sir? We as a society should throw people away all because someone make accusation even though the accusers are proven liars but that should not matter because of what you think? I think not. This fool is in no position to tell fans or anyone on how they should feel about MJ. Relationship? Look, if MJ was proven to be an abuser with FACTS, I do not think hardly anyone would back him; however, it has been prove OVER and OVER that MJ is the innocent one and these UK writers/Irish times do not want to accept it. What FACTS does this fool have to proven MJ "behave" in this way? What "acts" does he know for sure happen? He does not (and based on facts, lies told, stories changed, etc, clearly it is lies told on Michael). BURDEN OF PROOF lies with the accusers which they have not proven; if anything, they are continue to be proven liars over and over out to make money which this writer loves to overlook. I will say this to this writer, if you think MJ was guilty, STOP WRITING ABOUT HI; otherwise, he sound like a fool who is just using MJ to make money for his lame article. This is the only place where MJ is continued to be bothered every other place, country, etc still love MJ and will continue to play MJ even when these fools in the UK press/Irish times are dead and gone. Also, just looked this fool John Self up. he is also a writer for (not surprise) THE GUARDIAN. No more needs to be said. I knew it.
    Ireland isnt part of the U.K its a seperate country. Mj lived there in 2006

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Its funny how the media/uk are using howards book to attack mj again. the guy who had involvement with american media ,weinstein, and epstein helped fund radaronline. Now all of a sudden we have diversion tactics. Back to the wipping boy as maxwell has been arrested and will probalby tweet like a bird to save herself

7. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,689 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Sounds like a young journo. Pretty amateur. He or she should have written this a year ago, if it all.
    It's interesting that these articles continue, nearly 18 months after the LN premiere.

I think these type of 'journalists' just despair that MJ fans won't go away and shut up. We are challenging their 'power', false intellectual superiority and world view. These journalists want to 'tell' us what the story is. That's fine. There are two sides to every story as the saying goes. The problem is their refusal to look at, discuss or engage fans (or indeed MJ's family) regarding the other side ie that R and S are consistently lying.

Taj answered this writer's assumptions about fans on twitter just a few days ago 'So for those who try and dismiss MJ fam and fans by saying that we are just blinded by our unconditional love for Michael Jackson. Know this... We come with facts, receipts and timestamps. We don’t mess around.'

This article comprised 24 paragraphs, of which 6 were about Michael. In the whole of history, this guy picks out 4 writers, 2 musicians and an artist to castigate, but gives MJ the largest share of the article. In other words it's just another thinly disguised attack piece.

I would paraphrase Self's moralistic quotations back to him: '' any written work is half of a conversation between two human beings, and it helps a lot to know who is talking at you.'' Also 'writers ... must know more than anyone that words have power. Words have consequences, and we act accordingly.'

I wonder what consequences he sees for himself as a writer who does not engage properly with his subject and who promotes his biased views as 'truth'.

he is also a writer for (not surprise) THE GUARDIAN. No more needs to be said. I knew it.
    Thank you terrell for mentioning that- I hadn't looked for his other 'outlets'.

Margo Jefferson (whose book Self quotes in this article) also writes for ..The Guardian
    Last edited by myosotis; 10-07-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Ireland isnt part of the U.K its a seperate country. Mj lived there in 2006
    I know but I was just point out about the UK and that Irish times. The writer of that article writes for The guardian as well. They have an agenda. They seem to have something to talk about MJ everyday. They need to get a life and leave MJ alone especially if they do like MJ. They look like fools and like they are trying to make $$ off MJ. They seem bored but want to use MJ for excitement for their lame papers/sites.
    Mike's PYT

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    It's interesting that these articles continue, nearly 18 months after the LN premiere.

I think these type of 'journalists' just despair that MJ fans won't go away and shut up. We are challenging their 'power', false intellectual superiority and world view. These journalists want to 'tell' us what the story is. That's fine. There are two sides to every story as the saying goes. The problem is their refusal to look at, discuss or engage fans (or indeed MJ's family) regarding the other side ie that R and S are consistently lying.

Taj answered this writer's assumptions about fans on twitter just a few days ago 'So for those who try and dismiss MJ fam and fans by saying that we are just blinded by our unconditional love for Michael Jackson. Know this... We come with facts, receipts and timestamps. We don’t mess around.'

This article comprised 24 paragraphs, of which 6 were about Michael. In the whole of history, this guy picks out 4 writers, 2 musicians and an artist to castigate, but gives MJ the largest share of the article. In other words it's just another thinly disguised attack piece.

I would paraphrase Self's moralistic quotations back to him: '' any written work is half of a conversation between two human beings, and it helps a lot to know who is talking at you.'' Also 'writers ... must know more than anyone that words have power. Words have consequences, and we act accordingly.'

I wonder what consequences he sees for himself as a writer who does not engage properly with his subject and who promotes his biased views as 'truth'.

Thank you terrell for mentioning that- I hadn't looked for his other 'outlets'.

Margo Jefferson (whose book Self quotes in this article) also writes for ..The Guardian
    Exactly. And that proves their agenda against MJ which people with brains can see their bias (And MJ is the ONLY ONE who has people defending him with facts and NOT just fans either). I still want to know from these types of fools, what makes their view more right than fans when it is fans who comes with FACTS (they come with BS, tabloid, proven lies, etc). And what they try to use to proven guilty turns out to be lies. Again, anyone who writes for THE GUARDIAN has an agenda against MJ.
    Last edited by terrell; 10-07-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    Mike's PYT

12. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Apologies T. Didnt see the bit about the guardian.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Apologies T. Didnt see the bit about the guardian.
    That's ok.
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

I always thought journalists' jobs was to dig for the truth , to spit up facts, to unveil shady business, to make a change for the better. Why is it so hard to check your sources before writing things, do they really have no feelings when they write these horrible stories abut other people? Don't journalists have a code? Did they not choose this profession to fight inequality, for the people, to inform, to prevent injustice to take over?
    Why do they keep spreading lies? Why do they continue to create division? If they do their job right people become well informed and more knowledgeable. Is this not better for all?

This is not just about MJ but about many topics and people. Do these lies really make that big a difference in terms of monetary income for whoever it is they write? Is it really just for the money or is there something else going on? I can understand lazy journalism in politics, politicians have enemies, they have to create division among the voters but why are some celebrities also always on the wrong end of the stick? Is it really just about racism in case of MJ?
    What the hell is actually going on?? This is a rhetorical question btw nobody knows the answer to this madness

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JichaelMackson For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 850 Posts

To be real with ya news etc never use to be that way. as time when on it has. it mostly attack black people because racism of course. to be real i don't even watch the news etc anymore only if i have to for something important.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,689 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JichaelMackson View Post
    I always thought journalists' jobs was to dig for the truth , to spit up facts, to unveil shady business, to make a change for the better. Why is it so hard to check your sources before writing things, do they really have no feelings when they write these horrible stories abut other people? Don't journalists have a code? Did they not choose this profession to fight inequality, for the people, to inform, to prevent injustice to take over?
    Why do they keep spreading lies? Why do they continue to create division? If they do their job right people become well informed and more knowledgeable. Is this not better for all?

This is not just about MJ but about many topics and people. Do these lies really make that big a difference in terms of monetary income for whoever it is they write? Is it really just for the money or is there something else going on? I can understand lazy journalism in politics, politicians have enemies, they have to create division among the voters but why are some celebrities also always on the wrong end of the stick? Is it really just about racism in case of MJ?
    What the hell is actually going on?? This is a rhetorical question btw nobody knows the answer to this madness
    'Do these lies really make that big a difference in terms of monetary income for whoever it is they write? '....I wonder about this on a daily basis.

There are so many 'bigger' and more current topics in the world, eg the Trump presidency / forthcoming election (with a new topic of controversy seemingly every day), Coronavirus, the Epstein case and all its connections, 'Black Lives Matter' and the associated assaults and murders, Russian 'influence', Chinese 'influence', Brexit, new news stories every day and STILL a near-18 month old debunked film and a book of debunked stories posing as 'new' - about an 11-years deceased celeb. - generate headlines! Despite multiple easily -accessible videos, tweets, blogs etc. since last year, providing endless facts in rebuttal.

Although many of these UK / Irish articles written by white opinionists (I can't call them journalists any more) have appeared in ad-supported online platforms, the Guardian platform and articles seem to be advert-free (so don't generate income). Is that why a 'Guardian' journalist is now writing an MJ article for the Irish papers? The purpose of these articles is clearly to drive public opinion (we all think alike and so I know we all agree on this..) but to what end now? LN won't be benefitting from more 'views' in the UK (I'm sure all who want to see it have done so). American jurors (in the unlikely event the case comes to trial ) won't be influenced by UK/ Irish tabloids. I find it really hard to believe that non-MJ fans are still interested to click on / read these stories. (I got tired of hearing the anti- Johnny Depp court stories after court day 1).

Sadly, I'm coming to the conclusion that many Brits. are willing to 'convict' people accused of crimes against children on the basis of 'there's no smoke without fire', so believe the accusers / tabloids. This culture seemed to be endemic in the (London) Metropolitan Police, to the extent that a judicial investigation had to be undertaken (called 'The Henriques Enquiry and Report'.) Even after the completion of this investigation into police officers who wrongly 'believed all accusers', no police (or supervising officers) were disciplined or fired.

The Henriques report writes about the issues this judge found regarding police assessing complaints of historic child abuse against 'people of public prominence'. Each issue was then examined and recommendations made. The same issues clearly also apply to 'opinionists' who write articles for public consumption. And film directors!!

These are some of the problematic issues the Henriques report had to remind police about :

Sir Richard Henriques said: (1.12) 'All complainants are not victims'. Some complaints are false...
    (1.18) Complainants... do not anticipate instant belief nor anticipate that the crime is proven before it is even investigated.

(1.25 quoting). In sexual cases particularly, even very old ones, some people seem inclined to think that there should be a different presumption to the presumption of innocence...

(1.39) In the case of prominent people, it appears that they are more vulnerable to false complaints than others....Entertainers are particularly vulnerable to false allegations, meeting as they do, thousands of attention-seeking fans who provoke a degree of familiarity which may be exaggerated or misconstrued...

(1.40) A further and significant false complainant was referred to by (an accused) as a 'bandwagoner'; namely a person who learns that a complaint has been made and decides to support the original complaint (true or false) with a false complaint.

(1.42) This section discusses non-recent complaints, and determining the reason for delay in reporting, eg 'my daughter is the same age as me when I was assaulted'.

Ref: Henriques Report
    https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAss...ues-report.pdf
    Last edited by myosotis; 11-07-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Do these lies really make that big a difference in terms of monetary income for whoever it is they write? '....I wonder about this on a daily basis.
    --------------
    Maybe click bait more than anything. For us is inorder to get a reaction and general hits.thsts all tabloids have ever been about.

Seems if journos/blue tick celebs want to impress their bosses and the establishment then attack mj. or the bottom line is nothong more than a hatred

The me too lynch mob has caused big problems with the establishment having/wanting to believe any claim regardless. They go around in circles. You go from cleveland where they believed and made a mistake to ignoring working class northern girls who were been abused to then believing anyone regardless cause they are to scared to question an allegation. its nots the polices job to believe one side or the other its to collect evidence to then pass on to the CPS

21. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JichaelMackson View Post

Journalism is dead.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Jim Clemente opening his trap again:"MJ fell in love with his victims and expressed it sexually"....