Page 1197 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 19769710971147118711951196119711981199 ... LastLast
Results 17,941 to 17,955 of 18054

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 944 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

they did this on purpose..... at some point i'm not even mad because it so stupid.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,604 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    they did this on purpose..... at some point i'm not even mad because it so stupid.
    What they did only exposed them more on their bias and prejudices. They only hurting their creditabilty. Sunday mj was trending about the movie THE W I Z and got great comments. Isnt that ironic on the weekend thst trash was awarded. People do not care about that award. In fact i never heard of it until i came on here
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Now, Ellen DeGeneres is another one that bit the dust...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmour260 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 927
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carmour260 View Post
    Now, Ellen DeGeneres is another one that bit the dust...
    Karma is a bitch and i love it,

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,761 Times in 1,792 Posts

And another one cancelled..
    (At the beginning of the second episode of Hulu’s High Fidelity, a gender-flipped remake of the book and movie, there’s a conversation about Michael Jackson...In the scene, Rob (Kravitz), a record store owner, is called by her employees ...to settle a debate: Should they sell a customer a copy of Jackson’s 1979 masterwork, Off the Wall, in spite of all the allegations of child abuse against him (his estate denies them)? They all look perturbed that she wants to buy it at all, despite there being a copy on vinyl in the store, and Rob declines to sell it, at first, then wavers, she says because of the amazing horn charts on the album that were orchestrated by producer Quincy Jones )

High Fidelity’ Canceled at Hulu After One Season

“High Fidelity” starring Zoe Kravitz has been canceled by Hulu after one season, Variety has confirmed.

The series was a gender-bending, modern reimagining of the 2000 film starring John Cusack, with Kravitz playing his role. She starred as Rob, a pop culture-obsessed owner of a record store. Jake Lacy, Da’Vine Joy Randolph and David H. Holmes rounded out the cast of the lone season, which was critically praised.

...........“High Fidelity” ran in Kravitz’ family; her mother Lisa Bonet starred alongside Cusack in the film version, playing Marie DeSalle, the ex-girlfriend of Cusack’s Rob.

In June, Kravitz told Variety that she’d love to do a second season, saying the series had more to explore with its characters and storylines, but she hadn’t heard about any decision to renew the show.

“I think the show has a lot of potential,” she said. “I think there’s a lot more growing to do for everybody and a lot more trouble to get into. There’s a lot of places we could go and I would love to go there.”

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/hig...lu-1234727100/
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,483 Posts

Choo choooo.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I was listening to Charles Thomson's interview on the MJCast yesterday and keep thinking of one of the comments he made that the UK press have always hated Michael.

I know that has always been the case but it just made me think 'why'? Is it pure racism? The UK press love to bring a celebrity down but in Michael's case it has been downright vicious.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

You guys are happy when another stars show gets cancelled or when other stars get accused of something bad because they don't defend MJ. It seems some people seem to believe this is some divine act. That God punishes them because they didn't defend Michael. It is not, it has nothing to do with Michael.
    So what if Ellen Degeneres gets a bad reputation now? So what if Zoe Kravitz show gets cancelled? It is just part of the difficult times where everything is under a magnifying glass and then there is covid of course. It doesn't help the case of Michael, nobody but fans link it to Michael, he won't be redeemed because Zoe Kravitz has a tv show cancelled. I don't get it.

This is about MJ and the accusations he had to face not about the hundreds of celebrities who stay silent about it. Michael was punished for life. Kravitz and Degeneres will get over their problems they are not half as bad as what MJ had to go through.

This thread is about LN and Michael not about anything else.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JichaelMackson View Post
    You guys are happy when another stars show gets cancelled or when other stars get accused of something bad because they don't defend MJ. It seems some people seem to believe this is some divine act. That God punishes them because they didn't defend Michael. It is not, it has nothing to do with Michael.
    So what if Ellen Degeneres gets a bad reputation now? So what if Zoe Kravitz show gets cancelled? It is just part of the difficult times where everything is under a magnifying glass and then there is covid of course. It doesn't help the case of Michael, nobody but fans link it to Michael, he won't be redeemed because Zoe Kravitz has a tv show cancelled. I don't get it.

This is about MJ and the accusations he had to face not about the hundreds of celebrities who stay silent about it. Michael was punished for life. Kravitz and Degeneres will get over their problems they are not half as bad as what MJ had to go through.

This thread is about LN and Michael not about anything else.
    Leaving Neverland took a court case and showed only one side of it- and was rewarded by media institutions for doing so.

Reed has already said that LN was 'greatly helped' by Oprah's backing. Celebs like Ellen subsequently piled in to support LN's one-sided stance, without ever mentioning the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty', or that LN was subsequently shown to include outright lies.

Celebs who are prepared to condemn anyone (especially) an innocent person (whether dead or alive) without due process of law are propagating a culture of media- led witch-hunts for clicks (money) and popular ('me too') support.

Their stories of subsequent falls from grace only serve to illustrate that those who 'live by the sword, can die by the sword' ie they are not immune to being equally condemned without due process on the basis of one-sided media stories. It is hopefully a life lesson- treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    Leaving Neverland took a court case and showed only one side of it- and was rewarded by media institutions for doing so.

Reed has already said that LN was 'greatly helped' by Oprah's backing. Celebs like Ellen subsequently piled in to support LN's one-sided stance, without ever mentioning the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty', or that LN was subsequently shown to include outright lies.

Celebs who are prepared to condemn anyone (especially) an innocent person (whether dead or alive) without due process of law are propagating a culture of media- led witch-hunts for clicks (money) and popular ('me too') support.

Their stories of subsequent falls from grace only serve to illustrate that those who 'live by the sword, can die by the sword' ie they are not immune to being equally condemned without due process on the basis of one-sided media stories. It is hopefully a life lesson- treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

I agree with that but I'd rather see a major breakthrough in reversing the LN narrative.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 708 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post

Well said. "Throwing stones to hide your hands"

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JichaelMackson View Post
    I agree with that but I'd rather see a major breakthrough in reversing the LN narrative.
    We are already seeing small steps towards that, following the release of 'Square One'. I'm sure that bigger changes will come when more 'influencers' who are knowledgeable about the case feel comfortable in supporting MJ in public (as Dave Chappelle did).

More 'breakthroughs' may come with the progression of the court cases, especially since I'm reading that depositions (given by eg the NL staff that Finaldi is depending on) don't appear to be very beneficial to his cases. (It seems that staff who previously 'saw things' may have changed their minds since the 2005 trial).

It's possible that supportive media names might take a more vocal interest once the cases are underway, eg Piers Morgan in the UK, who openly questioned Reed about the accusers' financial motives in a TV interview. We have all seen that people who are 'riding high' in the media can be brought low by a change of public opinion (helped by evidence and the right 'promotion'. ) Maybe more media folk may be willing to interview Brandi. Frankly, the media goal is wide open for any decent journalist wanting to make a real story out of the truth - that the two accusers are lying for money. Hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Lastly, a quick word from Oprah, from her teachings on 'How to live a more meaningful life'. In backing Reed, the accusers and LN without hesitation or question in a bid for ratings, she has indeed shown us 'exactly who she is'. :

Wherever you are, that is your platform, your stage, your circle of influence. That is your talk show and that is where your power lies. In every way, in every day, you are showing people exactly who you are. You’re letting your life speak for you. And when you do that, you will receive in direct proportion to how you give in whatever platform you have.
    https://www.goalcast.com/2018/03/14/...aningful-life/

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 944 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bink View Post
    keep thinking of one of the comments he made that the UK press have always hated Michael.

I know that has always been the case but it just made me think 'why'? Is it pure racism? The UK press love to bring a celebrity down but in Michael's case it has been downright vicious.
    The Europe media always had a problem with Michael. it's pretty much racism. why? i don't know. i don't understand racism either and this is coming from someone who is African American. i understand that racism is taught but i'm really starting believe in the blood.

he was a powerful black man. so of course people hated and was/is jealous of him. also i wouldn't just say he was black but he was very successful too. no one hasn't got on his level yet.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

Just to be perfectly clear, Michael was no saint either. He brought some things on himself in regards the media. The lies about the surgeries, keeping quiet about his skin condition for such a long period (ended up costing him record sales btw) constant changing stories about his kids' origins, stunts like the masks, that day in Berlin and of course, the infamous sleepovers.

Granted, the surgeries, the origins of his children and his skin condition are absolutely no one's business except his. The media are scum on that front. I know he was, at times, playing a game with the press in some instances with the masks at times but, it's like poking a sleeping bear. You don't give them ammunition to fire at you. Especially since he was their golden goose for sales.
    The Berlin incident and the sleepovers post 93, that's all on Michael I'm afraid. He should have learned his lesson after 1993. But, I'm sure that's been discussed to death so I'm not getting into it.

Whilst some things he brought on himself, there is no denying that the media absolutely trashed him. Jealously? Perhaps...Most famous man of the 20th century, good to drag him down to generate sales and publicity? Most definitely! Racism? I'm not fully sure. Of course, there probably is/was some underlining racist motive from some publications but, not consistently.

Anyways, this documentary is nothing but a pure and utter cash grab, looking for fame and relevancy. Because when you're abused as a child, you tend to go and flaunt a ****ing Emmy around the place, saying how you always wanted one

I love Michael, I love his music, I love his humanitarian work, I love his writing and how it comes from the heart...I can't understand what he went through earlier in life and how it affected him and certain things he done. Only thing I can understand is his hurt and bitterness in songs like GITM, WII etc. Someone somewhere should have helped him through things! We all know he was surrounded by utter charlatans. Why he waited to get rid of them, I'll never know. But, with all that said, I always got his back on these allegations. The truth will come

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    The Europe media always had a problem with Michael.
    It’s the UK media that’s particularly vicious, not all of Europe.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post: