Page 1201 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 201701110111511191119912001201120212031211 ... LastLast
Results 18,001 to 18,015 of 18167

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,813 Times in 1,820 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    Vanessa Engle on Carl Beech: 'I didn’t want to tell the story of a liar at the expense of genuine victims'

I have a problem with this comment. A story should be about the TRUTH no matter what side it falls on. If someone is PROVEN IN COURT OF LAW (NOT public opinion/bias/media) to be an abuser, that story has a right to be told; however, if someone is clearly telling lies about abuse in order to frame/falsely accuse someone, that story needs to be told as well. Is it fair for an INNOCENT man/woman to be falsely accuse and not be able to call out the liars and to defend him/herself? I think NOT. So an INNOCENT person should continue to be falsely accused and the lie to be believe all because someone does not hope it make real victims in other cases from coming forward? That is stupid. That is why people/society need to stop judging cases in a general fashion. LET ALL CASES STAND ON THEIR OWN MERIT unless the case has been proven and then you want to compare two PROVEN guilty cases or two PROVEN innocent cases AFTER the COURT OF law has done its job. If people do this, there will be no need for anyone to fear. I can judge as case and the person and evidence show him/her guilty; and in the same moment, I can see someone else who is innocent and someone who is lying about abuse.
    Exactly so. There seems to be a 'feeling' that it is 'unfair' to victims to investigate their stories. However, if you lost something but said it had been stolen, you would expect the insurance co. to investigate for evidence of theft. If you fell over, but claimed someone hit you in order to claim criminal compensation for injuries, you'd have to show some evidence.

I can't think of any other crime where a victim doesn't have to prove their case, or at least have their story properly investigated. I don't at all see why sexual offences should be any different.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 562 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Check out how they keep testing the waters to normalize their fantasies.

There’s something fundamentally wrong with Sundance & Co.

It’s like, “let’s try this poster and see if we can get away with it. We can always pull it and apologize if someone complains.”
    That poster is by Netflix, not Sundance. The film is by a french woman and apparently one of the themes is the issue of increased sexualisation of young girls. Netflix decided to market it like a pedo fantasy.

Help Staff help you:
    Read the Rules. Respect others. Report offences.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    That poster is by Netflix, not Sundance. The film is by a french woman and apparently one of the themes is the issue of increased sexualisation of young girls. Netflix decided to market it like a pedo fantasy.
    You’re right, that error is on Netflix’ part. I didn’t make that clear in my post.

Snopes has the full fact checked story: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ne...cuties-poster/
    Last edited by ScreenOrigami; 22-08-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,813 Times in 1,820 Posts

Just when you thought the 'award season' was over:

Televisual: Televisual is uniquely only and all about production from commission to final master and our audience the management, leading production executives and creative and technical operators who make this happen.

Televisual is however much more than just the finest magazine – and now website – for the UK production community.

Last chance to vote for 2020 Televisual Bulldog Awards

Voting is to close on August 28th for the 16th annual Televisual Bulldog Awards that celebrate the very best of British television. Click here to start voting.

The awards range across drama, comedy, factual entertainment, entertainment, documentary, sport and more as well as craft categories including cinematography and music.

Nominations this year include Chernobyl, His Dark Materials, Flirty Dancing, Derry Girls, Cricket World Cup Final, Race Across the World, For Sama, Don’t **** With Cats, Our Planet and many more.

The awards are decided by an industry wide vote so please head to televisual-bulldogs.com to have your say.

And as an added incentive to get voting, you’ll be entered into a draw with a chance to win a range of prizes. Click here to start voting.

There are 14 awards categories in total and the results will be announced in the next print issue with the winners invited to the Televisual Bulldog Awards winners’ dinner (date still tbc obviously).

Nominations:
    DOCUMENTARY SERIES
    63 UP – ITV – Shiver (Multi Story Media)

DON’T **** WITH CATS – NETFLIX – Raw TV

JADE: THE REALITY STAR WHO CHANGED BRITAIN – CHANNEL 4 – Blast! Films

LEAVING NEVERLAND – CHANNEL 4 – Amos Pictures

SURGEONS: AT THE EDGE OF LIFE – BBC2 – Dragonfly

THE YORKSHIRE RIPPER FILES – BBC4 – Wall to Wall

https://www.televisual.com/news/last...ulldog-awards/

It looks like if you work in UK TV , you can vote.....
    https://www.televisual-bulldogs.com/vote/
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 Times in 1,626 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    Just when you thought the 'award season' was over:

Televisual: Televisual is uniquely only and all about production from commission to final master and our audience the management, leading production executives and creative and technical operators who make this happen.

Televisual is however much more than just the finest magazine – and now website – for the UK production community.

Last chance to vote for 2020 Televisual Bulldog Awards

Voting is to close on August 28th for the 16th annual Televisual Bulldog Awards that celebrate the very best of British television. Click here to start voting.

The awards range across drama, comedy, factual entertainment, entertainment, documentary, sport and more as well as craft categories including cinematography and music.

Nominations this year include Chernobyl, His Dark Materials, Flirty Dancing, Derry Girls, Cricket World Cup Final, Race Across the World, For Sama, Don’t **** With Cats, Our Planet and many more.

The awards are decided by an industry wide vote so please head to televisual-bulldogs.com to have your say.

And as an added incentive to get voting, you’ll be entered into a draw with a chance to win a range of prizes. Click here to start voting.

There are 14 awards categories in total and the results will be announced in the next print issue with the winners invited to the Televisual Bulldog Awards winners’ dinner (date still tbc obviously).

Nominations:
    DOCUMENTARY SERIES
    63 UP – ITV – Shiver (Multi Story Media)

DON’T **** WITH CATS – NETFLIX – Raw TV

JADE: THE REALITY STAR WHO CHANGED BRITAIN – CHANNEL 4 – Blast! Films

LEAVING NEVERLAND – CHANNEL 4 – Amos Pictures

SURGEONS: AT THE EDGE OF LIFE – BBC2 – Dragonfly

THE YORKSHIRE RIPPER FILES – BBC4 – Wall to Wall

https://www.televisual.com/news/last...ulldog-awards/

It looks like if you work in UK TV , you can vote.....
    https://www.televisual-bulldogs.com/vote/
    These awards have made themselves look bad & bias t this point. Lies on LN are out and now they will always be associated with awarding a lie and it will keep being brought on no how they went along with lies on MJ.
    Mike's PYT

7. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,710 Times in 757 Posts

No name never heard of award shows

9. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,897 Times in 4,505 Posts

and so it goes...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 1,146 Posts

Remember we talk about this before? i'm glad someone else brought it up.

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...60#post4302360

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 557 Posts

I think all of this celebrating that once LN-supporters lost their jobs is really extremely petty.
    In most of the cases it has nothing to do with LN. That Ellen-woman in trouble has nothing to do with Michael Jackson.
    In the entertainment industry people lose their jobs, get new jobs all the time.
    Let's stop making a fuzz about it just because we're still not over LN. It only makes fans look bitter and frustrated.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 452 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    I think all of this celebrating that once LN-supporters lost their jobs is really extremely petty.
    In most of the cases it has nothing to do with LN. That Ellen-woman in trouble has nothing to do with Michael Jackson.
    In the entertainment industry people lose their jobs, get new jobs all the time.
    Let's stop making a fuzz about it just because we're still not over LN. It only makes fans look bitter and frustrated.
    It’s not petty to point how these people had no regret or sympathy for an innocent man who was no longer here to defend himself. It’s only reasonable to celebrate these hypocrites downfall. I’m not going to forget or forgive their blatant disregard for Michael or his family in supporting the lying frauds Robson and Safechuck. NONE of these LN supporters will ever get a pass from me and their downfall is to be not only celebrated but pointed out. Why should MJ fans have even an ounce of feelings for these people? Did they have any for Michael, his kids or family? No, they had zero.

Btw, it does NOT make fans look petty. What these people did to Michael was vindictive and petty.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to somewhereinthedark For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by somewhereinthedark View Post
    It’s not petty to point how these people had no regret or sympathy for an innocent man who was no longer here to defend himself. It’s only reasonable to celebrate these hypocrites downfall. I’m not going to forget or forgive their blatant disregard for Michael or his family in supporting the lying frauds Robson and Safechuck. NONE of these LN supporters will ever get a pass from me and their downfall is to be not only celebrated but pointed out. Why should MJ fans have even an ounce of feelings for these people? Did they have any for Michael, his kids or family? No, they had zero.

Btw, it does NOT make fans look petty. What these people did to Michael was vindictive and petty.
    I'm not suggesting to have any warm feelings for any of them.
    But the negative feelings some have for them should be better channeled in pointing out and fighting what they have done wrong. If the LN camera man would break his leg in a car crash, and some fans go "YAY, karma! Spread the news..." then that's just plain childish and looks incredibly desperate for revenge or even crazy to non-fans. And it doesn't put a good light on MJ fans fighting against LN in general.
    Last edited by Electro; 27-08-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

If the LN camera man breaks his leg in a car crash, and some fans go "YAY, karma! Spread the news..." then that's just plain childish and looks incredibly desperate for revenge. And it doesn't put a good light on MJ fans fighting against LN in general.
    That’s not what most “karma” cases are, though. The irony is that the big players in the media circus, who continuously bullied MJ in life and in death, are now being called out on their bullying behavior, sexual misconduct, financial breach of trust, and so on. They’re being exposed for who they truly are.

If any of those people would step forward and admit that they were wrong, no one would applaud their downfall.
    Last edited by ScreenOrigami; 27-08-2020 at 02:58 PM. Reason: fixed typo

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I didn't follow this thread completely, but some stuff just stuck out as far fetched revenge-joy to me.

On the other hand, give me a Dan Reed car crash news flash any day!

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I didn't follow this thread completely, but some stuff just stuck out as far fetched revenge-joy to me.
    On the other hand, give me a Dan Reed car crash news flash any day!
    OK, I don’t wish physical harm on anyone, but my sympathy does have its limits as well.

Yeah, some cases seem to be a bit farfetched. I look at it this way: the whole entertainment industry is a magnet for narcissists who will – due to the nature of their character – do anything to get to (or stay at) the top. They don’t care about anyone but themselves, which is not a character trait that the majority of their audience would approve of. So they’re trying to hide it by calling out others left and right – throwing stones to hide their hands, as MJ put it.

But lies and deceit will at one point or another be exposed for what they are. Unfortunately they’re not officially and widely called out on their lies about MJ yet, so we’ll take what we can get and enjoy a little bit of schadenfreude when they trip over their other misdeeds.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,710 Times in 757 Posts

It's because they are hypocrites. Throwing stones to hide their hands.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post: