Page 901 of 952 FirstFirst ... 401801851891899900901902903911951 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,515 of 14277

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

I didn't know where to post this but I'm only 3 minutes into it and I'm in tears. It's so inspiring to see the younger generation of MJ fans be the ones to carry on what MJ's message and appeal was.

His effect was the same for al his fans of all ages. Enjoy

Last edited by MJPoetryFan; 16-06-2019 at 07:58 PM.

"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with" - Michael Jackson

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Everybody get ready for tomorrow. Michael Jackson Estate goes back to court. Let’s hope we are getting somewhere.

a female with depression and mental delays

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Everybody get ready for tomorrow. Michael Jackson Estate goes back to court. Let’s hope we are getting somewhere.
    I thought it was delayed again??

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJTruth View Post
    I thought it was delayed again??
    It was. Wade and etc ask for 60 days but the judge said no move it to 30 days. i think MJ estate still speaking out tomorrow because they didn't push theirs...

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,999 Times in 1,417 Posts

It was. Wade and etc ask for 60 days but the judge said no move it to 30 days. i think MJ estate still speaking out tomorrow because they didn't push theirs...
    Are these not written submissions? If so, I hope we'll see them in a few days.

Edited to add: Also, Robson isn't part of the 'Estate vs HBO' arbitration case.

The case that was deferred at Robson's request is his appeal in the 'Robson vs MJJ Companies etc alleged abuse case'
    Last edited by myosotis; 17-06-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,319 Posts

the estate will win

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 8701girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

I hope so, but's not easy.
    First somebody has to decide whether the contract persists after death, and I don't believe that has been done before, so it's a precedent.
    I think the law will eventually change to protect the deceased but the MJ Estate is facing a struggle.

A financial reward from HBO would of course be a great victory, but to be honest, even if that doesn't happen and they succeed in forcing public arbitration then whatever happens after that, they will have won a victory.

The reason they want the information public is so that the information can be scrutinised and be available for public consumption. In that way they may be able to restore some good will with the general public.

There was a recent YouGov poll in the UK that said %51 of the UK population think MJ is gulity.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/entertai...uilty-most-wil

(FULL REPORT HERE: https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...9-Internal.pdf )

On the subject of the poll I was arguing with some twitter troll about whether MJ was guilty or not. When I asked for evidence he was guilty, that muppet sent me a link to this poll. He truly believed that 51% of people thinking MJ was guilty actually PROVES he was guilty. WTF?! He wouldn't accept that public perception (based on the opinion of only 2000 people) is proof of false reporting more than it is of criminal culpability. At that point I knew he was beyond help.
    Last edited by MJTruth; 17-06-2019 at 02:03 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

First somebody has to decide whether the contract persists after death, and I don't believe that has been done before, so it's a precedent.
    I think the law will eventually change to protect the deceased but the MJ Estate is facing a struggle.

A financial reward from HBO would of course be a great victory, but to be honest, even if that doesn't happen and they succeed in forcing public arbitration then whatever happens after that, they will have won a victory.

The reason they want the information public is so that the information can be scrutinised and be available for public consumption. In that way they may be able to restore some good will with the general public.

There was a recent YouGov poll in the UK that said %51 of the UK population think MJ is gulity.

On the subject of the poll I was arguing with some twitter troll about whether MJ was guilty or not. When I asked for evidence he was guilty, that muppet sent me a link to this poll. He truly believed that 51% of people thinking MJ was guilty actually PROVES he was guilty. WTF?! He wouldn't accept that public perception (based on the opinion of only 2000 people) is proof of false reporting more than it is of criminal culpability. At that point I knew he was beyond help.
    They sure are not the brightest.. I can't say I never jumped to conclusions weather somebody was guilty or not, because I have but it is another thing when you are presented with facts of the oposit but refuse to listen and important to remember that the way the media reported can be completely false even in other cases.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8701girl View Post
    the estate will win
    God i hope so. i have hope.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Why the family not speaking out?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,319 Posts

Why the family not speaking out?
    taj is

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 8701girl For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thank you for posting about the poll. I hadn't seen it before.

A few observations: Firstly 'YouGov' is not related to the government- it's just a company with a fancy name.

Secondly, the results are not '% of Britons' but are '% of YouGov survey respondents'. Quite different things.

In the 'About' section, they say their UK panel comprises 1 million people, so if this survey only had 2K respondents, it sounds as if a lot of people were either discounted from inclusion, or self-selected that they would (or would not) participate.

It's interesting that only 25% (500) respondents had seen 'at least part' of LN, but 51% thought MJ was guilty- which means that the other 26% thought he was guilty without watching LN (Presumably from previous or current press reports).

Of the % who saw the WHOLE doc (we are not told this %, but it must be less than 25%, or 500 respondents), 73% thought MJ was guilty. It's likely that those who watched the doc, did so because they thought MJ was guilty and were looking for proof to support their feelings or views.

A more surprising finding is that 'of those who previously listened to MJ's music', only '58% will continue to do so.' The survey does not seem to reveal what % of respondents said they previously listened to MJ's music, so we don''t know what that 58% is 'of'.

We also don't know how the questions looked online. If the questions 'Have you previously listened to MJ's music?' and 'will you continue to listen?' were on the same page, (or if you could go back and change responses) then anyone who disliked MJ could easily answer 'Yes they previously listened', in order to make a point as a 'disliker of MJ'. More (15%) said they 'didn't know if they would stop listening', than said that they would stop listening (9%).

Lastly, the 'YouGov' panel are entirely self-selecting, in that you have to volunteer on the online page in order to be able to join. I've been a daily computer user since around 2008, and have never looked up YouGov or volunteered as a panel member. I think you would have to be pretty motivated with opinions to join the panel, as I imagine that you have to give quite a lot of info about yourself to them, eg sex, age, political affiliations, shopping habits, relationship / family details etc etc, in order for them to decide whether to include you as a panel member, and for their surveys to be able to give info. about 'UK consumers / London residents / Conservative party members etc.

And really, who answers these things honestly?!
    This survey summary omits some key percentages, as mentioned above (eg % who saw the whole of LN, and % who previously listened to MJ's music). Without full results, the summary is fairly meaningless.

Conclusion: The survey is intended purely as 'entertainment' of the kind provided by tabloids.

PS Stephan Shakespeare who founded the company is a previous contributor of articles to 'The Guardian' UK
    Last edited by myosotis; 17-06-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,814 Times in 1,226 Posts

A person like that is either a TROLL or a hater who just desperate to want MJ to be guilty for some reason. God can come down and tell them MJ is innocent and that person still want to believe it; however, what that person THINK means NOTHING. Evidence shows MJ to be innocent. enuf said. Remember there are some people who still want to think President Obama is not American. They just want to believe that due to other bias or prejudices.
    Mike's PYT

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,814 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by La74 View Post
    They sure are not the brightest.. I can't say I never jumped to conclusions weather somebody was guilty or not, because I have but it is another thing when you are presented with facts of the oposit but refuse to listen and important to remember that the way the media reported can be completely false even in other cases.
    True but be open to change your mind if facts present itself that the person is innocent and things do not add up.
    Mike's PYT

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I see another of the 'Neverland 5' has come out of the woodwork, according to the Mirror (UK) - unless the Mirror is just unearthing old news:
    (Is the CBS 'Inside Edition' doc new?)

Michael Jackson put 'perfume on Lisa Marie's underwear to pretend they'd had sex'
    J**** was married to Lisa Marie, 51, between 1994 and 1996, and she always insisted the marriage was consumated (sic. Spelling error)

Michael Jackson sprayed Lisa Marie Presley's underwear with perfume to pretend they'd slept together, his ex-employee has claimed.

***** was married to Lisa Marie , 51, between 1994 and 1996, with Elvis' daughter supporting him through the child sex abuse claims that emerged in 1993.

The marriage was often the subject of wild conspiracy theories, with many theorising that it was just a publicity stunt.

Now Sandy Domz, who worked as an administrative assistant at the Neverland Ranch, has claimed the pair weren't intimate.

She told CBS documentary Inside Edition that "it didn’t seem to be a natural relationship or a friendship".

Domz said: "Michael would get a hold of some underwear and throw them on the floor.

“They were also sprayed with perfume and it was to make it look like Lisa Marie had been in the bedroom.

“But to my knowledge, she was never in there. She was either in the rose room or had slept on the guest beds.”

In January 1996 Lisa Marie filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences.
    (* NL5 are Abdool, Chacon, Bagnall, Domz and McManus)