Page 907 of 956 FirstFirst ... 407807857897905906907908909917 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,605 of 14331

Thread: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,231 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Oprah already said that she still believe them. she just took down all the stuff because she was getting tired of the backlash. i'm already done with her and so is my mother. Oprah was just using Michael and his family for views and money. she never liked Michael. she was always jealous of him. i believe everybody is jealous of Michael because he were just too good for this earth.

Jealously is very serious emotion. you not careful you can hurt someone or yourself.
    What else is Oprah going to say but that. She will look bad after admitting she went along with the lie. If she really believe it, Oprah would have kept it and careless what we think if she thought she was right. No, she has egg on her face and she knows it (all of a sudden, Oprah is doing rounds, giving money and announcing it which she never did in the past, etc) and now the show on black men who was fasley accused. She knows she messed up.
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,231 Posts

Default Re: Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland" [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    I just called out Absolute 80's on Twitter. This an 80's UK radio station that hasn't played any MJ since March 2nd, and an 80's music station with no MJ is just not right.

Here's what I wrote.
    Leave Me Alone - Michael Jackson

You guys haven’t played any MJ since March 2nd. I’m guessing this is to do with that Leaving Neverland film. If that’s the case then it’s really disappointing that you’d stop playing his music over a biased and 1 sided film that gave no evidence
    — PhillipJT (@phillip_jt) June 20, 2019
    Well, everyone else is playing MJ so these fools at that station is not hurting MJ. They are in the minority probably wanted to stop playing MJ anyway because what has been revealed about LN, no one in their right mind would buy into.
    Mike's PYT

3. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,264 Times in 2,573 Posts

I don't think we should ignore radio station that have stopped playing MJ. They need to be called out

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

If there are any odd ones here and there I don't think it hurts to call them out on it. They are being selfish. Who does banning him actually punish? MJ? Nope, he doesn't know anything about all of this. Charities? Yeah, maybe. Tell them 20% (apparently 400 million dollars?) of earnings goes to charity since he died and if they try to cancel him then the money dries up for those in need. Just because they have a hunch he did something wrong? So irrational.
    Last edited by WannaScream; 20-06-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,264 Times in 2,573 Posts

MJ's music getting banned from some radio stations makes him look guilty, because people will say ''If he was innocent then why is his music being banned?'' - This is not good for Michael's reputation. I think fans should pick they're battles wisely, and this is something that's worth fighting.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I think it helps to wear MJ merch as well, so the general public know that many people don't think he is guilty and things carry on as they were.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WannaScream For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    Well, everyone else is playing MJ so these fools at that station is not hurting MJ. They are in the minority probably wanted to stop playing MJ anyway because what has been revealed about LN, no one in their right mind would buy into.
    Absolute were the biggest mj players on uk radio before leaving Neverland, so yes it does hurt mj estate.

It's not only absolute 80s that stopped playing mj. It was ALL the Absolute stations.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Were Absolute really the biggest? I think BBC radio played him a lot (they even had Thriller on at Christmas time LOL) and they still do play his songs across the board. Those that stopped I thought might be the ones who don't really rely on him for listeners anyway?

Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 502 Posts

I agree that we need to approach radio stations that are not playing Michael and ask why. But it must be in a respectful manner (no histrionics!!!). When they respond, we will need to provide reasoned arguments.

And the MJ fandom needs to be visible for the rest of the year - celebrating and honouring Michael - so that these stations can fully appreciate that Michael is still the KOP.

Does anyone know if Smooth Radio in London is still not playing Michael? That is the station I listen to when I am in London
    Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009): You Do Not Define Him So You Cannot Confine Him!

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I agree that we need to approach radio stations that are not playing Michael and ask why. But it must be in a respectful manner (no histrionics!!!). When they respond, we will need to provide reasoned arguments.

And the MJ fandom needs to be visible for the rest of the year - celebrating and honouring Michael - so that these stations can fully appreciate that Michael is still the KOP.
    I agree. i know this year been a mess for us MJfans and supporters but we all need to calm down and be respectful. yeah. it's looking like this whole year gonna be about Michael. the good and the bad. Michael will always be the King. nobody can't replace him. you when think about it Michael basically did everything to be honest.

a female with depression and mental delays

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

LN shouldn't even be nominate i already said if it wins any award i lost hope for this world. it's so sick. they ruining Michael reputation. i really hope everyone who apart of this gets sued. Michael not here to defend himself. it's really sad and heartbreaking.

a female with depression and mental delays

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    I just called out Absolute 80's on Twitter. This an 80's UK radio station that hasn't played any MJ since March 2nd, and an 80's music station with no MJ is just not right.

Here's what I wrote.
    I emailed them this week too. What about the Global network in the UK? Magic, Smooth, Heart etc. They all used to play a lot of MJ. Any indication they are still playing him? I'm not so sure they are...

The only major station I'm sure still playing MJ is BBC Radio 2.

And you know now that I think back to the timing of Absolute pulling MJ it coincides perfectly with that huge, and probably planted, story about the BBC banning Michael Jackson's music. It crossed my mind at the time but I'm sure of it now.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,419 Posts

I'm so disappointed that Spike Lee has confirmed (via officialspikelee on Twitter) that there will be no 'MJ Block Party' this year.

Spike has held an annual Block Party for MJ in late August each year up to now.

On 30th June there is a 'Do the Right Thing Way' Block party.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    I'm so disappointed that Spike Lee has confirmed (via officialspikelee on Twitter) that there will be no 'MJ Block Party' this year.

Spike has held an annual Block Party for MJ in late August each year up to now.

On 30th June there is a 'Do the Right Thing Way' Block party.
    Well that's a downer. I wouldn't have been able to make it to the one this year anyway (can't spend TOO much money on trips lol) but it's disappointing for those who were planning to go. Also hope this isn't an indicator of what he thinks of Michael now.
    "Let's not be alone again. Will you be my partner? I hear a dance starting up. Come."

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Sadly I haven't heard Michael Jackson on any Canadian radio stations in 2 months And I listen everyday.