Taj Jackson's MJ Documentary - Updates and Discussion [MERGED]

micah

Proud Member
Hi,

Taj Jackson has now created the GoFund Me page to collect funds for rebutall documentary on Michael as an answer to Sundance

https://www.gofundme.com/untitled-michael-jackson-documentary-series

Donate what you can.

If you don't have a card you can use PayPal:

If your card doesn't allow you to donate, then the link for PayPal is
https://www.paypal.me/untitleddocum...JDrXHmf-8X0izH3bip9e03IQ4-EwrVhtlR_mM9Q-Gw02A

@FallAgainMJ (on twitter) will transfer any donations weekly.

They have plenty of sponsors, we have none except for us.

NEW AT&T (Sponsor)@ATTCares >>
GEICO (Sponsor)@GEICO >>
Lyft (Sponsor)@Lyft >>
Stella Artois (Sponsor)@StellaArtois >>
Acura (Sponsor)@Acura >>
Ancestry (Sponsor)@Ancestry >>
Dell (Sponsor)@Dell >>
NEW Michael Dell - CEO of Dell (Sponsor)@MichaelDell >>
Canon USA (Sponsor)@CanonUSA >>
Chase Bank (Sponsor)@ChaseSupport >>
NEW Dropbox (Sponsor)@Dropbox >>
IMDB (Sponsor)@IMDB >>
Netflix (Sponsor) Customer Service@NetflixHelps >>
Reed Hastings - CEO of Netflix (Sponsor)@reedhastings >>
University of Utah Health Dept. (Sponsor)@UofUHealth >>
Alexandre Arnault - CEO of Rimowa (Sponsor)@alexarnault >>

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a Q&A section after the films are shown at Sundance? If so, it would be great if some people knowledgeable about the truth would ask some very pointed questions and expose Wade & Jimmy’s lies.

Re: Go fund me project from taj jackson to do the rebutal documentary on mj - link

Hi,

Taj Jackson has now created the GoFund Me page to collect funds for rebutall documentary on Michael as an answer to Sundance

https://www.gofundme.com/untitled-michael-jackson-documentary-series

Donate what you can.

Thank you for sharing this. I'm sure most of Michael's fans will want to help in some way. It's a huge target, though. $777000. I wouldn't have thought Taj would need as much as that to create a documentary, but I confess I'm no expert on how much productions like this cost. It makes me wonder how the Sundance festival film was financed......it would be an interesting exercise to uncover the financial backers for that project.

Re: Taj Jackson Launches a GoFundMe Page to Create a Documentary on MJ's Innocence - link

Why do all these rich celebrities always ask for other peoples money? They can do it themselves and most likely have the documentary made quicker instead of relaying on the general public. I appreciate the idea behind it but it just seems disingenuous.

Read the page. Your questions will be answered. It’s important we all get behind this! Donate what you can.

dmehta;4237554 said:
Does anyone know if there is a Q&A section after the films are shown at Sundance? If so, it would be great if some people knowledgeable about the truth would ask some very pointed questions and expose Wade & Jimmy’s lies.
Yes, they do and that's what I was also hoping. I know some fans are going to protest, but it would be better to get a ticket so they can ask intelligent, researched questions.

But then, I've also heard conflicting reports. I've heard the showings are sold out and then this morning I heard there were plenty of tickets left.

Re: Taj Jackson Launches a GoFundMe Page to Create a Documentary on MJ's Innocence - link

Estate should donate 700,000 immediately!

If someone from the Estate happens to come across this (because there's constantly rumors that the Online Team scours through fan sites and monitors our reactions), allow me to say something:

Now is your time to do right by Michael Jackson.

Donate money toward the documentary.
Offer to match whatever the final tally is or fill in the void, in the event that the campaign doesn't reach its goal.
License Michael's music and short films to the documentary should they request it.
Collaborate with the family to find a distributor when the project is finished.
Hell, just share the campaign link on all official accounts to reach people Taj may not be able to.

Something. Anything.

This is bigger than the Cascio tracks. This is bigger than posthumous albums and box sets. This is an attack on Michael's character and legacy, two things you continually preach to always strive to uphold. Not only should you be standing in the picket line with the fans, you should be the loudest voices. You represent a man who is no longer able to represent himself, and to choose silence is not only inappropriate, it's outright disrespectful. We don't want a statement of support emailed to us, or a small Tweet via the MJ Online Team. We want this shouted from the rooftops.

Us fans are counting on you. The family is counting on you. Michael is counting on you.
Please, do not f**k up this opportunity. It could be your last.

Estate should donate 700,000 immediately!

You think they would but they wont they dont care imo otherwise they wouldve done it a long time ago

Havnt the jacksons got any money they always ask the fans to pay. More chance of janet putting her hand in her pocket than this every coming to pass or you finding out where any of the money ever went. Brits will know what i mean when i say p!#$ up in a brewery .

Like feldman wanting money for his doc. Deary me.

$777, 000 is peanuts, as regards making a film these days, but also even smaller change, for a Jackson and the Estate.

Actually yes the jackson should ask them to fund it cuz its bout time the estate do something

If it keeps pace it'll be funded in a month or so.

My issue with this, asking for $700,000 dollars of fan money - for what? Where will this end up? A straight-to-DVD release that no one but Jackson fans acknowledge? The only way something like this would be worthwhile would be if it ended up on Netflix or something similar. They'd want some form of creative control, which is understandable. You can't attack media companies and then ask those same companies to run your show.

We need this documentary to be thought provoking, unbiased, evidence heavy and professional. I hope it's done very well and ends up somewhere important.

Thats the sad fact bout all of this

Something's bothering me too.

Taj looks to be a great person. He does things. He acts. But how come he has to fund this project on his own ?

In Taj's Twitter account, there are fans saying they wait for their little wages to be able to give 20$.
I mean, come on... This is not serious... Where is the family ? Where are the brothers ? Where is Janet ? What do they think of that whole situation ? Do they talk together ?

And as someone asked, where is the Estate ? Are they waiting to see the Sundance documentary before they decide what to do ? I could understand that. But it seems all so unorganised. Like there's no communication between all of them.

And I must ask this : Do they all believe in Michael's complete innocence ?

Last edited:

I donated.

I have total faith in Taj. Read the full release.

What will your contribution help to fund?

- Hiring key players for the production team.
- Travel expenses for filmed interviews and meetings.
- Verifying stories and new information.
- Securing licensing and video clips.
- Video and audio editing.
- A comprehensive, international marketing and PR campaign (live and digital) that will make it impossible for audiences, targeted and otherwise, to ignore.
- Distribution, locally and internationally.

I have total faith in Taj. Read the full release.

What will your contribution help to fund?

- Hiring key players for the production team.
- Travel expenses for filmed interviews and meetings.
- Verifying stories and new information.
- Securing licensing and video clips.
- Video and audio editing.
- A comprehensive, international marketing and PR campaign (live and digital) that will make it impossible for audiences, targeted and otherwise, to ignore.
- Distribution, locally and internationally.
If it keeps pace it'll be funded in a month or so.

My issue with this, asking for $700,000 dollars of fan money - for what? Where will this end up? A straight-to-DVD release that no one but Jackson fans acknowledge? The only way something like this would be worthwhile would be if it ended up on Netflix or something similar. They'd want some form of creative control, which is understandable. You can't attack media companies and then ask those same companies to run your show.

We need this documentary to be thought provoking, unbiased, evidence heavy and professional. I hope it's done very well and ends up somewhere important.

My opinion: instead of asking fans for their money (which they have already spent on $200 vinyl collection of MJ albums), hire and pay them for their expertise!

Travel expenses? Really? The information is out there! All it needs is excellent editing and a good angle.

My opinion: instead of asking fans for their money (which they have already spent on $200 vinyl collection of MJ albums), hire and pay them for their expertise!

Travel expenses? Really? The information is out there! All it needs is excellent editing and a good angle.

I have to disagree, $770,000 does not go very far when trying to produce a professional quality documentary.
I hope that MJ fans would want to help with this project without draining the production by insisting on initial financial compensation. An official credit would of course be desired. That's not to preclude some agreement that ensures fans are paid some recompense should the documentary actually make a stack of money.

Anyway, it is not for me or anybody else to say how people spend their money, but if I were planning to buy the vinyl I think I'd donate the money instead. It's for a good cause. I hope fans could support this with whatever money they can spare. It doesn't have to be a lot but it will be helpful.

I hope that the documentary series can be made and I hope that a distributor somewhere will pick it up, but if they don't then so be it. We can't force TV networks, cinemas, or streaming services to show it. There has been a long-standing anti-MJ bias in those circles. All we can do is make sure the information is out there.

Travel expenses are reasonable and needed to get the footage required! Maybe even for research. Yes, granted an amateur youtube style documentary can be done from somebody's bedroom using existing youtube footage and stock footage, but it's a compromise. It's worthwhile recording new, high quality, custom footage of interviews where Taj (or somebody else) can ask the very specific questions. I support the travel expenses.

I honestly don't hold much hope for it. But I want it to be great, and I believe in the cause. So I guess I have to try.

dmehta;4237554 said:

Yes there are apparently tickets. There is a Q&A and although I have heard fans mention that they want to protest, I haven't read a single person say they bought a ticket the show and will challenge at the Q&A.

I know fans won't want to sit through the document, but the Q&A is where the effective counter-attack can be made. It would be great to get 8 to 10 fans in that room in order to provide the right level of challenge.

As it is, there may be some pictures of the few fans that show up for peaceful protest with their signs but I expect the media to comment on the small scale of the protest and to dismiss their signs or chants. But for fans to challenge the film by directly asking questions in a peaceful, calm, and informed manner is very powerful indeed. That opens up the dialogue. It's harder to dismiss. I would guess that many fans from this forum (and others) would be far better informed on the Robson/Safechuck/Doe allegations than anybody from the production team who appears on the Q&A panel, accept the accusers themselves of course. I don't expect Jane Doe or Jimmy to show up, BUT YES Wade will show up. I have no inside knowledge but I would bet money on it. Watching him squirm under cross-examination from a knowledgable fan would be incredible.

The Q&A is a great way to highlight to the media the inaccuracies, inconsistencies, and the outright lies contained in the legal documents. hopefully some will pick up on it and report it.

Look, I have no issue donating money at all. I do have issues with the estate and the Jacksons. Knowing that they have insane amounts of money, what is their part in this? I swear if I had that kind of wealth and it was MY brother, I'd finance the whole damn thing.

Look, I have no issue donating money at all. I do have issues with the estate and the Jacksons. Knowing that they have insane amounts of money, what is their part in this? I swear if I had that kind of wealth and it was MY brother, I'd finance the whole damn thing.

I do think you have legitimate questions.....if it was me I'd be opening my wallet.

I'd be interested to know what they're objections are, if they have any. The fans seem to be assuming the Jacksons aren't bankrolling some of it in the background. Taj hasn't said this fundraising effort is the ONLY source of funds has he?

Re: Go fund me project from taj jackson to do the rebutal documentary on mj - link

Thank you for sharing this. I'm sure most of Michael's fans will want to help in some way. It's a huge target, though. $777000. I wouldn't have thought Taj would need as much as that to create a documentary, but I confess I'm no expert on how much productions like this cost. It makes me wonder how the Sundance festival film was financed......it would be an interesting exercise to uncover the financial backers for that project.

Production costs shouldnt be much, more money in projects like this is to get it proper attention..

For example, those who made this anti mj documentary paid for itntovplay at Sundance.. pay for exposer!

For those who are saying the brothers should finance themelves because of the money they have..

While it's a valid statement, let's also not forget they dont really have they money they pretend to have. They can dress the way they do, and act super famous and rich because 1000 Jacksons live under one roof. Michael's paid family home..

The ain't got reeeal money! Lol. They're wealthy but not rich.

this would be an appropriate time to pull a Jackson move and ask katherine for help..

But where is Paris now? Where is Prince? They have some money by now! Why are they silent?

We all know the estate can provide the money right now but I think going down the fundraising route makes it more appealing and believable for the general public rather than an estate funded project.

But where is Paris now? Where is Prince? They have some money by now! Why are they silent?

Silent about what ? What do you want them to say ? What a pressure you are putting on their young shoulders...

We all know the estate can provide the money right now but I think going down the fundraising route makes it more appealing and believable for the general public rather than an estate funded project.

What does it make more appealing and believable ? I don't get your point...

Documentary

For people saying the family or estate should pay for a documentary. Couldn't the media say that of course they're going to put out something pro-Mike that makes him sound good if they fund it? That the media could accuse such a documentary of being biased or a puff piece. It's like when some celebrities write autobiographies and mostly put in the good things, instead of a tell all with "the dirt" that some of the public wants to read.

Back