Votes: 11 64.7%
  • no

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • never tried

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

83magic

Proud Member
I actually love the term 'moonwalkers' which is used to label Michael's fan community:clap:. mainly because it's based on an action that not everyone can do.

so my question is, how many of you can actually moonwalk? if so, please be specific; how many paces? do you need special shoes? a smooth surface?

just some fun people :)

Re: can moonwalkers moonwalk?

I can on most surfaces, but it's very easy on a smooth surface.

thanks for responding :)

how long did it take you to learn it? was Michael the first person you saw do it? how does yours differ from his?

thanks for responding :)

how long did it take you to learn it? was Michael the first person you saw do it? how does yours differ from his?
About two weeks + two month on polishing. My moonwalk like a Victory tour: raw, almost running.

To me it depends more on the shoes I'm wearing than on the surface.
The best combination is of course tight shoes, with non sticky outsole & a smooth surface.
Have been moonwalking for almost my entire life. :D :D :D
Doing it since the 4th grade, now I'm 38.
What brought me to the next (original style) level was MJ showing it in his big interview in '93.
There he was revealing (at least to me) that "Pushing & not pulling" is the key... ;-D

There he was revealing (at least to me) that "Pushing & not pulling" is the key... ;-D[/QUOTE]

yes! so many people drag each foot backwards, when they're supposed to use the opposite foot to push with. I admit that I did that when I was first learning it, ha!

what made Michael's stand out was that he raised his toes higher, so that the 'peddling' effect was more noticeable.

I've also been dancing to Michael my whole life. does anyone find the footwork to be more difficult with larger feet? I wonder what size shoe Michael wore? I heard it was a 9...

I understand why he wore loafers most of the time. the soles make any surface easy to slide on

About two weeks + two month on polishing. My moonwalk like a Victory tour: raw, almost running.

I love the way he added neck movement and arm waving parallel to his feet. it's interesting how the moonwalk evolved on that tour. on the Kansas date, it was only 3 paces!:eek: by the end date, where he announced that it was the last jacksons tour during 'shake your body', he was gliding back and fourth across the entire stage!

those circle glides were an unmatched highlight!:clapping: can anybody else here do those?

I can do it! It works best on hard floor and is tricky on carpet. I bought $20 Jazz Dancing Shoes that have a smooth bottom and I can dance much easier now. I learned from the Michael Jackson Experience Wii game. I got it down in about 2 or 3 days with constant practice. Hope this helps!

This is a nice thread! :)

I can only moonwalk in socks on a tiled floor. I think if I practised more, I'd improve, but I don't devote enough time to it.
I usually end up with someone watching me and laughing at me trying to moonwalk like Mike and then I stop trying. Lol.

Nope! not even my mother can. i been doing it since i was a child but i always just walk backwards and say that it's the moonwalk. :laughing: will we ever learn how to moonwalk? probably not. but all know the only person who can moonwalk better then anyone else is the king himself. but it's fun try though. :) :laughing:

I can do the moonwalk just fine, but I find that it takes stamina to maintain. it really works the calve muscles. I think 4 paces is just enough to make an impact. it's what surrounds it that really completes the package. Motown 25 was perfect in its totality. I used to be able to toe-stand, but I wouldn't even try that now! I can spin though - which is my favourite mj move ever :)

Back