James Ingram Died today

I just saw this on tv and was saddened by the news.. he gave us some great music and he seemed to have a kind heart.

Remember he performed "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" with Gloria Estefan during Michael's 30th Anniversary Celebration? Awesome performance. Thanks to James Ingram for co-writing an amazing song, "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)." He had such great songs, "Baby Come To Me," "Just Once," "One Hundred Ways," "The Secret Garden."

R.I.P. James Ingram

Got an alert on my phone about James' death, and was so startled that I had to pull over. Really made me cry, much like when Natalie Cole, Donna Summer and Robin Gibbs passed. It's so unsettling when you hear this, and you still think of them as the young twenty somethings they were and such fantastic, incredible talents.
He was the one I missed at the Quincy Birthday celebration a few months ago-thought he was touring or something-didn't realize he was sick. Just breaks my heart. His songs are beautiful and timeless-and I still think he's the second best thing in 'We are the World.' And James was funny too-watched a Tavis Smiley show where he imitated Michael dancing up a storm while recording PYT. It was so cute and charming. I'll miss him, but he and his music will live forever.

I was wondering why he did not appear at the Tribet on BET for Quincy Jones and Pattie Austin had to sing "come to me" by herself. He was sick.

Back