Thread: Can't see certain threads that I access via google after logging in on new account?

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Can't see certain threads that I access via google after logging in on new account?

Hello, I'm a relatively recent member but long time MJ fan and lurker, and I've been running into a bit of an issue lately where I will navigate to certain threads from google, but then be unable to view these threads after I've logged in to my (relatively new, low post count) account.

Is there some barrier (required minimum post count, etc) to access these threads somewhere that I'm missing? I scanned the forums for a "New Member FAQ" thread but didn't see any anywhere, and I'm still learning the intricacies of the search functionality offered by this forum platform, so I apologize if this question has already been asked & answered elsewhere! thanks!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Can't see certain threads that I access via google after logging in on new account?

Hi and welcome, until you have 10 posts that are manually approved by admin you will only have very limited functions to your account. Once you reach 10 posts your account switches to general member and you have full functionality.
    ​Like a sunset, dying with the rising of the moon. Gone too soon...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StaceyMJ For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Can't see certain threads that I access via google after logging in on new account?

Excellent thank you Stacey, that's most informative. Its a bit strange though since the topics I want to post in, I can't even see once I've logged in to my account! Suppose I'll have to hunt around for new member introduction areas to make my way up in the community

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

I want to thank you but I can't seem to figure out how to do that haha, sometimes hard to believe I come from a tech background when I have real trouble figuring out simple stuff like this!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

ok this is hopefully my final noob question, I wanted to add a signature, and found a few old posts that detail how to do this, but I'm not seeing the options that these posts outline. is this another thing that requires hitting some post threshold? and are these various post threshold requirements delineated anywhere so I don't have to keep publicly embarrassing myself and wasting precious server space?

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evan14 View Post
    Excellent thank you Stacey, that's most informative. Its a bit strange though since the topics I want to post in, I can't even see once I've logged in to my account! Suppose I'll have to hunt around for new member introduction areas to make my way up in the community
    I want to thank you but I can't seem to figure out how to do that haha, sometimes hard to believe I come from a tech background when I have real trouble figuring out simple stuff like this!
    ok this is hopefully my final noob question, I wanted to add a signature, and found a few old posts that detail how to do this, but I'm not seeing the options that these posts outline. is this another thing that requires hitting some post threshold? and are these various post threshold requirements delineated anywhere so I don't have to keep publicly embarrassing myself and wasting precious server space?
    After you've hit ten posts or more, you will automatically become a full member and you will be able to see all threads.
    You will also be able to add a signature, etc. I see that you are currently on 9 posts, so it won't be too long now.