Elizabeth Taylor was Bad Influence in Michael's Life

ScreamM

Proud Member
Hello, I am new to the site. I have been reading a lot about Michael Jackson's life and something dawned on me. In my opinion: Elizabeth Taylor was a major factor in Michael's downfall. I read in some of Michael's biographies that Elizabeth was the person to introduce Michael to prescription drugs. I also read that Michael's parent felt it was Elizabeth that got their son hooked on prescription drugs. They did not like Elizabeth in Michael's life. Chandler's father (don't know if you can believe him, but) also said that Michael told him that Elizabeth said the drug just makes you feel happy. Conrad Murray (also don't know if you can believe him) also stated that Elizabeth Taylor was the one to introduce these drugs to Michael.
Remember, after the Pepsi accident I read in Michael's biography that he REFUSED painkillers because of his Jehovah's Witness beliefs. If prescription drugs led to Michael's death, and she was the one to introduce it, then she is responsible for Michael's gradual downfall. She herself is addicted. I believe Elizabeth was a bad influence in Michael's life.

Michael met Elizabeth around 1984??(please correct). Things seemed to started to unravel around this time. I read somewhere that it was Elizabeth that encouraged Michael to move out of his parents home. If Michael never moved out he would not have had children all around him for them to accuse him of stuff. Living at home offered him some level of protection. I understand why he may have wanted to move out. But living with parents might have saved him from those allegations. Neverland was very expensive to upkeep. Did she encourage him to build something so unaffordable (my speculation)? All this didn't help Michael financially. Again, a terrible influence it seems.

It was also Elizabeth that told him to - lightened up (relax, basically), get in touch with his inner child. In a video footage she said it took her 5 years to get Michael to celebrate Christmas. Seems odd. If someone doesn't feel comfortable celebrating Christmas, why would you keep at it for 5 years? Doesn't sound like something a real friend would do. A real friend respects each others likes and dislikes. Michael later said that he cried in the bathroom after celebrating his first Christmas, because he felt he did something wrong. The Bible says that "for whatsoever is not of faith is sin". When Michael finally celebrated Christmas in 1993, then shortly after all the allegations started. Perhaps it was a spiritually judgment of some kind???? (I don't know, just thinking) Again, this shows Elizabeth was not a good influence on his life. She seemed like a narcissist slowing chiseling away at Michael's beliefs, instead of respecting them.

Michael also made lots of donations to her AIDS charity. He also bought for her lots of expensive jewelry. He might of paid for her 1.5 million dollar wedding at his Estate. It also seemed Michael had to foot the bill in some instances. (The bills for Marlon Brando and Elizabeth at Michael's NYC Anniversay). I suspect Michael spent a lot of money on her. It is reported that Michael bribed her with diamonds to make her to go events with her. That doesn't sound like a real friend at all. Seemed like she was using him, instead of helping him.

Michael and Elizabeth seemed to have an unhealthy bond. Michael's song "Elizabeth I Love You" was very strange to me. The songs ends with "I pray one day I'll be just like... you." It just doesn't sound healthy to me at all. Does anyone know more about their relationship? Did she cast a spell on Michael or something?To me it seemed Elizabeth casted some kind of spell on Michael. Maybe a kind of narcissistic stronghold on Michael for whatever reasons. Maybe using their similar childhoods to attach Michael to her. In a biography, it reported that Michael's mother felt Elizabeth stole Michael from her. Some kind of unhealthy attachment. Maybe Elizabeth was the one to fuel this idea that Michael lost his childhood, and kept fueling it, for her advantage to keep Michael close to her. I think real friend would have sympathized with Michael's childhood, grieved with him and then encouraged him not to be a victim from it but to become stronger by it.

I think Elizabeth
-introduced prescription drugs to Michael which eventually led to his addiction and death.
-encouraged him to leave home, which open his life up to all kinds of predators, including herself. (remember, Michael is still a child at heart and did not know how to protect himself. He tried to think the best in people, I think.)
-unconsciously had Michael spend a small (or perhaps large) fortune on her and her charity. Maybe even spend money to impress her. Used him for his money??
-Slowly chiseled away at his spiritual beliefs.

All in all after reading so much about Michael, I feel Elizabeth Taylor was a bad influence on Michael's life at led to his gradual downfall. Everything bad that eventually happened to Michael, seemed to have started with some kind of influence from her.

What do you guys feel about this?

How could you even think that? I doubt she’s responsible to give Michael any downfall, she’s very supportive and protective to Michael. Don’t believe in that such bulls:censored:.

I think their relationship was too deep and complex to dissect it in a single post. While there was some enabling tendancies (as many relationships do) she loved that man and was there for him in every way she knew how and was there at times no one else was..

For that we should all be so very thankful

At least from my perspective

Last edited:
The same Elizabeth Taylor who helped get him to rehab. Right. What biographies are you talking about specifically? Sounds like tabloid crap to me.

The same Elizabeth Taylor who flew straight out to him in August 1993. The same Elizabeth Taylor who made him go to rehab.

Elizabeth Taylor was there for Michael before his own family in 1993 and I've never forgotten that. She was a true friend.

Elizabeth Taylor was one of the few celebrity friends who supported him publicly when it mattered.
She stood by him in every crisis.

I cannot believe that people would think she was a bad influence. She was an incredibly kind-hearted woman who was loyal to her friends, and stood by them in times of need. Her defence and support of her friend Rock Hudson in the wake of the 80s AIDS crisis was a defining moment for her character. She was an excellent friend to MJ, and I would guess that her influence helped to 'ground' him at times.

Oh can please someone post a screenshot of this cause I have sadly reached my limit today to read twitter as a non user.

Last edited:
Carrie Fisher admits to her drug problem, which is why she went to Evan Chandler and his anesthesiologist. Evan and his partner fed drugs to their patients. Eliizabeth Taylor was once a step-mother to Carrie Fisher. Carrie doesn't mention Elizabeth getting her hooked on drugs.

Elizabeth met her final husband in rehab. This is why she went and helped her friend, Michael Jackson, when he was having problems with self-medicating, while on tour, in which neither Evan, Jordy or June ended up going on with Michael Jackson. Nope...they were too busy hatching their E X T O R T I O N plot on Michael Jackson. Michael was no more Mr. Nice Guy (Alice Cooper song) when he realized that's what the trio was up to!

:)

In the biography "Elizabeth and Michael: The Queen of Hollywood and the King of Pop" the author claims that often Elizabeth would refused to go to an event with Michael unless he gifted her with diamonds. That does NOT sound like a friend at all. Anyone who does that is using you. Period.

I did not say Elizabeth was "plotting evil" against Michael, :) just that she was a bad influence. Someone can be very kind to you and make you feel good, but they may not be a good influence on your life. Her own constant addiction certainly wouldn't make for a good influence on ANYONE with an addiction. I would imagine two alcoholics would love being together and think to themselves - only this person truly understands me. But that doesn't make this person a GOOD influence on your life.

And you just automatically believed it? I learned a long time ago not to believe a lot of what these Michael Jackson biographies say.

Is this thread for real? Elizabeth Taylor was one of Michael's very few friends who supported him through thick and thin. She was there for Michael in his darkest hour. In fact, at times she was there for him more than Michael's own family was. How can you even make this thread?

:)

In the biography "Elizabeth and Michael: The Queen of Hollywood and the King of Pop" the author claims that often Elizabeth would refused to go to an event with Michael unless he gifted her with diamonds. That does NOT sound like a friend at all. Anyone who does that is using you. Period.

"Just because you read it in a magazine or see it on a TV screen, don't make it factual."

Guess who said that?

Everyone has been negatively influenced by loved ones.. so!?!?

I think enough is said...

See MJ's performance to her - Elizabeth I love You - enough said.

I am very happy MJ at least had 1 person he could honestly call his true friend. - I don't really know about the jewellery stories... She was so rich I don't see why she would do it, but so was MJ, so in their world it may just have been like if my friend only wanted to go in town with me if I paid the taxa..?

But I don't think she had bad influence, on the contrary MJ recieved a lot of love - and an elefant :rofl:

didnt lisa marie presley have a problem with elizabeth?

Real friends respect each others like and dislikes. If Michael didn't want to celebrate Christmas. Why did Elizabeth try for FIVE years to get Micheal to celebrate? Slowly chiseling away at his beliefs? Proof of this on VIDEOs, if you don't want to believe biographies. In the same home video Elizabeth knocked on Michael's bedroom door with her little dog. Michael commented on that video saying - "She knows I'm afraid of dogs. ... They bite." If you know your friend is afraid of dogs, why would you bring it to a friend's bedroom door? That's just not respect. See for yourself if you don't believe : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2mboj2j8dE

Yes Lisa Marie had a problem with Elizabeth they say. In the biography, it says Elizabeth wanted Michael to perform at some event, but Michael didn't want to. Elizabeth kept persuading Michael backstage. Lisa Marie was there with Michael. Finally Lisa Marie put her foot down and basically said - Back off, Michael doesn't want to. Again, another instance of Elizabeth undermining sweet, child-like Michael's wishes.

I believe their relationship was more complex than it seems.

Michael's family may have used Michael for fame/wealth but Elizabeth Taylor may not have been the wonderful friend people think she was to Michael. She could have been just version 2.0 of his family's manipulation; but it a much more clever way. She benefited greatly financially from him. (Her 1.5 million$ wedding (some say Michael paid for it), all the jewelry, and large donations to the AIDS charity).

The ONLY gift we hear of Elizabeth gifting Michael was that giant elephant. He on the other hand gifted her with a written song, a expensive woven tapestry of her, donations to her charity, and COUNTLESS expensive jewelry - listing them would take a paragraph. Again, seems like a lop-sided relationship if you look closely.

The elephant as a gift was more about HER, than an actual gift. It was televised and a show-stopper. That elephant was more like an expensive bill, than a thoughtful gift.

Michael Jackson was in love with old Hollywood - the glitz and glamour of it all and how classy it all was. Those old Hollywood musicals Michael reinvented them in his short films. Elizabeth Taylor was always on the cover of the gossip magazines, she was their best seller. So why wouldn't Michael Jackson want to be on her arm and in her life, as a friend. Michael Jackson was very good about introducing that world to the next generation, us!

Red Skelton came to the shooting of "In The Closet" remember that?

CNgmUP6WwAA92sY.png

Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly were the Masters that Michael learned dance from.

Nope, unless you understand this part of Michael Jackson, his love of old Hollywood, you really don't know him at all!!

Reactions: xam
didnt lisa marie presley have a problem with elizabeth?

There was a story in... some book (I think the J. Randy Tantorelli one?) about them having a brief spat with each other at some event. I think Liz wanted Michael to sing or something but he wasn't up for it, and Lisa told Liz he didn't have to if he didn't want to. Granted, this IS the JRT book we're speaking of (if I'm remembering correctly) so it could be a fake story.

Last edited:
can I just ask what is the hopes of this thread? I am trying to understand why now are we dissecting their relationship? Any real friendship has ups,downs, twists, and turns. So we will find agetation, we will find love, we will find enabaling and we will find them being there for each other.

Any relationship worth talking about goes through all valleys!

Reactions: xam
I can't understand this move too.
We find it so unfair and are desperate about what people do to the dead MJ in these day and now some fans want of all things slander and throwing dirt on the dead Elisabeth Taylor???
Plese stop with this and save your energy in defending MJ!

Last edited:
There was a story in... some book (I think the J. Randy Tantorelli one?) about them having a brief spat with each other at some event. I think Liz wanted Michael to sing or something but he wasn't up for it, and Lisa told Liz he didn't have to if he didn't want to. Granted, this IS the JRT book we're speaking of (if I'm remembering correctly) so it could be a fake story.

That right now i remember i think lisa felt liz was being pushy with mike

This thread is mental...

Rule #1 - Dont believe anything.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What the actual f**k??!!!!!!!! Sorry, if you're a new fan but I'm just a bit shocked HOW anyone could come into the conclusions you did knowiing what we all know about Michael's friendship with Elizabeth!! Elizabeth was probably the ONLY TRUE FRIEND Michael ever had! She was almost like a second mother to him! I am GLAD Michael had her in his life and had someone to talk to who would REALLY understand him and support him and love him.

Still shaking my head in disbelief...... some people's "logic" is so "out there" that I just can't follow....I don't understand where they get these things from....

One of the books that the original poster is based on is Donald Bogle’s ‘Elizabeth & Michael’ (2016).

Like the part about her influence on his moving out from Encino family home to Neverland.

Or, the part about his spending a lot of money on her in order to impress her.

Regarding the conclusions on the original post, personally I find extremely far-fetched some of them.

For example, even without her, MJ would definitely have begun taking prescription drugs in order to handle the unbearable pain on his scalp after the surgeries on that area in 1984.

Otherwise, he could not have been able to perform for the Victory Tour.

In my opinion, MJ’s profligacy over the years led to his eventual debt which in turn led to his death (because, although being mentally & physically unready in 2009, he was forced to perform no matter what for those ‘This Is It’ concerts so as to get out of debt).

Back