Any reason why they did this

wonderouzmj

Proud Member
Ive always found different pressings with bad but i never knew why sometime the pictures were cropped & some werent. I remember his feet actually on 1 version
303d58503f6eb9bc1c8a214df4778f88.jpg

Those are probably from different countries.
Basically every country on the planet with a market for western music or a national devision of Sony Music had their own edition of this made.

For every release the main headquarter of Sony Music (in the USA) is sending the audio masters, cover photos, infos etc to all the national Sony Music departments. Those then have copies made locally including their national required infos in the fineprint. And depending on how strict the layout designer follows the set corporate design of the release, things can look a little different from country to country.

Tapes don't get pressed btw, just copied from a master tape. :D

Last edited:
Sometimes they even change the album title. I saw an argentinian tape with the word "Peligroso" wrote on the side instead of "Dangerous"!

Those are probably from different countries.
Basically every country on the planet with a market for western music or a national devision of Sony Music had their own edition of this made.

For every release the main headquarter of Sony Music (in the USA) is sending the audio masters, cover photos, infos etc to all the national Sony Music departments. Those then have copies made locally including their national required infos in the fineprint. And depending on how strict the layout designer follows the set corporate design of the release, things can look a little different from country to country.

Tapes don't get pressed btw, just copied from a master tape. :D
Thanks

Also for variation...I would have imagined things have got more strict with the digital age in terms of presentation and having everything look the same,but back then in the days of "airbrushing" it was more lax.

Back