Fainting at MJ concerts

aqwsz

Proud Member
Who has experience with that ? :punk:

I just thought about it while posting in another thread. I remember in one of the concerts I attended (history tour) I stood next to the first aid tent and there were quite a few people who fainted during the show.

Wether the was because of MJ or because of an anxiety attack I don't know lol

Any embarrassing stories to add folks? :laughing:

I personally think fainting at concerts is pathetic and way over the top.

It's probably because of being overcrowded most of the time. But it's more dramatic when news outlets sell it as fainting for MJ ;-)

Queing for 12 hrs to get in. not eating much.then running 100 mts to get to the front etc. Adrenalin. Etc people then feeling hot. In amother life i worked security at many concerts so have seen both sides

It's probably because of being overcrowded most of the time. But it's more dramatic when news outlets sell it as fainting for MJ ;-)

I think it's a combination of heat , waiting for hours and emotions of seeing Michael . The crazy fans that pull their hair and cry is real , so it's not far fetch to believe that the feling of seeing MJ plays a great part in the faintins along with others factors .

I remember when we were waiting for hours in the stadium ( history tour ) i peed on myself , couldn contain anymore as i drank a lot of soda .

During ‘You Are Not Alone’ in Vienna, the girl that came on stage literally fainted in his arms.

[video=youtube;57o6cLmgcsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57o6cLmgcsA[/video]

I felt close to passing out at Wembley at the HIStory concert.....drinking beer all day in really hot weather and then being squashed for hours near the front took its toll on me towards the end.

That was dehydration but it almost left me on the floor.

Queing for 12 hrs to get in. not eating much.then running 100 mts to get to the front etc. Adrenalin. Etc people then feeling hot. In amother life i worked security at many concerts so have seen both sides

I'm remember my dad telling me the exact same thing when he was telling me a story of how my mum fainted at MJ's Dangerous Tour at Wembley. That and she screamed her head off when he toasted on the stage and they were so close to the stage as well

I'm remember my dad telling me the exact same thing when he was telling me a story of how my mum fainted at MJ's Dangerous Tour at Wembley. That and she screamed her head off when he toasted on the stage and they were so close to the stage as well

Is your mum still a fan ? I love these stories .

I never fainted at the MJ concerts I was at, but I sure did scream and cry a lot :laughingv6:

I almost fainted at a Bad Tour show, and that was in a nice, cool indoor arena with assigned seating, so there was no excuse - I mean, other than MJ. :lovev1:

I was 16 and had been a massive MJ fan for about 4 years, but hadn't ever seen him in person. None of my friends managed to come up with ticket money on short notice, so I ended up going alone.

There was no opening act, so just suddenly, after sitting there waiting, getting more and more excited as the minutes ticked past the official start time... POOF... The arena lights went out into darkness, followed by the deafening audience roar. As things began happening on stage, people on the floor level (where I was) started climbing up onto their seats (just folding metal chairs) to see better. I was about 50 or so rows back from the stage, so I also had to climb up onto my chair, lifting up on my tippy toes to see anything.

I was already shaking and could barely breathe, let alone scream, lol. As WBSS started and there he was... Michael!!!.... Well, I guess in my state of ecstatic rapture I somehow LITERALLY FORGOT TO BREATHE. :laughingv6: :shockv3: I simply didn't inhale anymore, like I was frozen in awe, lol. Eventually (soon!) I got VERY dizzy and the whole world swung around me. I lost balance and darn near fell straight off that chair, which would have meant falling extra far, probably hitting my head on concrete (since I had the end seat in the row), and then, if I was lucky and survived, I definitely would have missed the entire concert. :doh:

After a huge, desperate, gasping breath, I caught myself on the edge of the chair and thought, "Omg, I almost fainted! That was SOOO STUPID!!!! So stupid!!!! BREATHE! Don't forget to breathe!!" And then I had to very consciously take big, purposeful breaths every few seconds during WBSS so I wouldn't pass the heck out, lol.

I absolutely never had anticipated having such a ridiculous reaction. I couldn't believe it. I'm just not the fainting type, lol. I was flabbergasted about it, really. So, maybe that's how it happened for some. I can't be the only one. :winkv1:

Back